PDA

View Full Version : Curly hill missing pumkins?

justagrrl
10-22-2002, 07:46 AM
After browsing through the pics from Kranders (thanks for posting those) I noticed that there was a pic of the curly hill thing from Nightmare. It appears to be missing pumpkins in the front? did someone damage it?

Sheesh - some people. I wish they'd protect stuff like that better...and that the people who do such things are forced to pay for the vandalism. (Where were their parents while this was going on?...guessing it was a kid.)

See pic here:

http://www.dotphoto.com/GuestViewImage.asp?AID=441575&IID=14588115

Ghoulish Delight
10-22-2002, 07:59 AM
Actually, the model on display was NOT the one actually used to shoot. It was a pre-production model, according to the signage at least.

justagrrl
10-22-2002, 08:47 AM
So was it always like that then?

Ghoulish Delight
10-22-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
So was it always like that then? Well, not when it was built. But it was always like that AT Disneyland. It is in a glass case. This is not a case of children vandalizing it. This is a case of a model that was in storage in some prop house somewhere showing its age.

Oh, and I may be wrong about it being a pre-production model only. I may have been thinking about the sleigh which is next to it. I KNOW that was not an actual prop used for filming. The hill set may have actually been used.

stan4d_steph
10-22-2002, 09:25 AM
It's not the set used for filming. The set used for filming is much bigger. They had it on display in Disney-MGM Studios Florida in the mid-90s along with a case of Jack heads used in the movie and some of the other characters. Not sure that they still have the stuff on display there. It was in a building with a bunch of other props from Disney movies.

hgf1ower
10-22-2002, 11:46 PM
i think it was left that way purposely (sp?) to show the lights used inside the pumpkins. maybe?