PDA

View Full Version : October refurbs [including Pirates and Fantasmic]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jonesin4Dland
07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I just noticed POC and F! both will be down for my trip in mid-Oct.:crying:

Boo's Mommy
07-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Where did you see that?! I didn't see those in the latest DLR update!

Malcon10t
07-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Where did you see that?! I didn't see those in the latest DLR update!On the DLR website. Lots of closures in Oct.

Partymagic
07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I just checked the online calander on disneyland.com and it shows that Fantastimic! is down from September 2nd until October 31st....but that the 31st is the last date that you can look up right now.

I hope that is not the case and maybe just an accident like the one a few weeks ago when they had Indiana Jones closed for months?

My fingers are crossed as we are there mid-September and we were really looking forward to catching it on one of the weekends that we are there.

ChurroGirl
07-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Dang It! We are going Oct 4th-7th and Fantasmic! will be down for the whole trip.....
OH WELL!! I will just have to catch it in Dec!

At least POTC is not down during that time<<<<PAUSE>>>(KNOCKS ON WOOD!)>>>Unpause...

Boo's Mommy
07-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh Duh! You know....I soo heavily rely on info from Mouseplanet, I forget to look at Disney's website!
Major bummer, Pirates is one of our most favorite rides!!! And this time we have family coming with us!
Well, I hope it's back up by December!

sendkeys
07-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Looks like poc goes down on October 13 anyway that you guys/gals could go a few weeks earlier?

IdahoMike
07-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow, they are really going full bore on the refurbs, aren't they? At least POTC is open for the first few days of our trip!

There are some days later in Oct where Fantasmic!, POTC, IASW, Jungle Cruise AND Gadget's Go Coaster are all down at the same time!

potterphreak
07-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Why is PoTC down?! And for busy Halloween time? I don't get it!! That is my 100% favorite ride and it's down for my magical 30th birthday trip?! GAAAA!!! This is my dads last trip for a looooong time and he has never seen the new stuff. SIGH!!!!

tlovesdis
07-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Fantasmic is always down at that time of the year, but I am bummed about Pirates. Hubby and I are only going for 1 day before we leave on our cruise and it will be closed :(

IdahoMike
07-25-2008, 08:05 AM
What I'm really surprised about is that the words "Indiana Jones" don't appear on the refurb calendar. I can't imagine they'd take anything else down in Oct at this point with so many things going down as it is, so maybe Indy gets a refurb after the first of the year.

DizMe
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know whether or not Blue Bayou will be closed during the Pirate refurb?

Tan Da Man
07-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I guess Ill just have to plan my october trip for before October 13th as POTC is one of my favorites...

But oh well I leave Sunday Morning for the magical place :)

ChurroGirl
07-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I just checked the Disneyland website again and POTC is pretty much down from the 13th on. And Jungle Cruise is only down for 3 days. Prob just regular maintenance though.

Khiori
07-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow, I'm really glad I checked this thread. It changed my plans a lot!

MemoriesintheMaking
07-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, this stinks that this is my first post here, but...

This may seem silly, but I am seriously almost in tears here to discover that POTC will be down during our trip in October. :crying: Our first trip ever was last year with my inlaws, which was a wonderful, amazing trip. My little boy LOVED POTC. And he talks about it all the time. It's my favorite ride, too.

My dh and I have booked a special trip with just our kids this October to coincide with a trade show conference at the DLH. Our family has been through a lot of trials the past few years, and this trip is a sort of celebration of our getting through the tough times together. I've already been thinking about riding POTC many times, and trying out Blue Bayou. Could someone please, please reassure me that this will still be an amazing family experience?? Not to sound too needy, of course. :rolleyes:

Ugh, I am not looking forward to telling my dh and kids that POTC is going to be down. Oh well, Disneyland is a wonderful place no matter what - I know we'll have a blast. Actually, it's a good thing I know about this in advance, so that I can adjust my expectations before we get there, and show my kids how to be flexible and look on the bright side of things, rather than act like a disappointed 3 year old like I feel today. ;)

Sigh.

Michelle

Chadsgal
07-26-2008, 12:16 PM
MemoriesintheMaking- First and foremost WELCOME!

It will be OK. You trip will still have magical memories. My Son's was only 1 on our last trip and his favorite was Small World which will be closed for our visit. That also bummed me out but I am sure he will pick a new fav this trip and I am sure your son will too. :)

MemoriesintheMaking
07-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks, Chadsgal! That's a great way to look at it - we can each find a new favorite. We'll have to, since my dd6's fav was IASW, and ds4's was POTC.

It's okay - this will give us an excuse to plan another trip next year to see Fantasmic for the first time, see a show in the Hyperion theater, and ride POTC and IASW. Oh darn, we'll have to come back again!! ;)

Oh, and my dh is a Chad!

fronkfam
07-26-2008, 08:07 PM
It's okay - this will give us an excuse to plan another trip next year to see Fantasmic for the first time, see a show in the Hyperion theater, and ride POTC and IASW. Oh darn, we'll have to come back again!!

I agree! We have missed Fantasmic for various reasons our last 3 trips. We'll miss it this year because we're going in September, but it just makes me that much more excited to plan our next trip!

DizMe
07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm disappointed, too, but one of the things to keep in mind about going in the off season (if there is such a thing anymore) is that at least one major ride is bound to be out of commission while you're there. We always go in October and one of my favorites is always down. However, we also always have a great time!! This year, I'm very sad to be missing Pirates and Aladdin. We missed Aladdin last year due to poor planning (forgot it was only showing on the weekend) and from what I read, it appears it probably won't be back :crying: My 5-year-old twins will never get to see it, which is too bad. I think POTC is often down for a while in the fall. I heard that they have to leave the boats out of the water for a while once a year. I'm not sure if that's the reason for the October closure but it's a good possibility.

On the other hand, we manage to find something new every year, too! Or new to us, I should say.

I sure hope Blue Bayou is still open while Pirates is down, though!! There are already enough things we'll be missing on our trip without losing my annual waterside Monte Cristo!!

tlovesdis
07-27-2008, 07:51 AM
We missed Aladdin last year due to poor planning (forgot it was only showing on the weekend) and from what I read, it appears it probably won't be back :crying: My 5-year-old twins will never get to see it, which is too bad.

Aladdin is done? I hadn't heard this! Any idea what is replacing it???

HisKid
07-27-2008, 08:31 AM

I believe that they are bringing in a Toy Story musical.

kingqueen 3princesses
07-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Does anybody know when the new musical in the Hyperion Theatre will begin?

Boo's Mommy
07-27-2008, 03:34 PM

I didn't think they were cancelling this because I saw Aladin musical auditions recently for the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim.

bamato
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm going to DLR in October, and just noticed Disneyland's site says that PoTC and Fantasmic won't be running.... :crying::(