PDA

View Full Version : Ask For a Tour of Walt's Apartment

Klutch
10-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Maybe everybody else already knows this, but when visiting the Disney Gallery, you can get a tour of "Walt's Apartment". A wonderful young lady named Vanessa grabbed a set of keys and walked my wife and I around the gallery and through a few locked doors. Vannessa explained the purpose for each, individual room and provided much information about the fireplaces, and such.

We even saw the bathroom. It was stacked full of boxes and stuff, but I thought it was kinda neat.

No, it's not an incredible thrill, but I thought some people who would be interested might not be aware. I certainly wasn't until a cast member offered. I was so impressed with Vannessa I left a compliment for her at City Hall that evening.

Mythgard
10-21-2002, 05:50 PM
I have said this before in another thread, but I have to say it again: I really like Vanessa. She gave my family the tour as well, and I actually have a picture of her holding the door to the hidden elevator open as my mom was wheeled out of it by our friend.

Here is the pic:

http://www.mythtec.com/disneyland.jpg

Klutch
10-21-2002, 05:58 PM
Hey, that's very cool. I should have taken some pictures of Vanessa as well. And, maybe of Jaque in New Orleans Square (yowza!)... ;)

MonorailMan
10-21-2002, 07:30 PM
I'll have to ask next time. :)

MammaSilva
10-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Wow, that is so cool... it's definately on my next trip list!

Sophie832
10-21-2002, 09:56 PM
When I was there a while back, one of the CMs and I got into a conversation about the Gallery, and he started to tell me all about how it was an apartment for Walt with places for his grandkids to stay, too. I have never had a tour, though, so I think I'll ask next time. It didn't occur to me until I was told about it, that it's the reason the cashier's area looks so much like a kitchen! There's even a fridge back there!

driftwood714
10-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Walt never lived to see his "second" appartment located in New Orleans Square. It was supposed to be shared between him and his brother, Roy. Walt's real apartment is above the Main Street Fire Station. This is the one that he used to spend the night over in and have family visit to. If you take the Walt tour at DL, you'll learn all sorts of Walt trivia.