PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Boudin?

hbquikcomjamesl
10-21-2002, 12:37 PM
This past Saturday, I went to DCA (so I could have at least one more lunch at SOB, and so I could get a look at FFF), and I went through Boudin while waiting for my Soarin' FP to mature

NO ROSIE! NO COLIN! What's up?

Rosie and Colin make that attraction. Without them, unless you happen to arrive while something is actually happening, it's just a bunch of bakery equipment in a fishbowl, and is no better than the Mission Tortilla Fiasco. What's going on here? Is somebody now trying to destroy DCA from within?

Cooie
10-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too! This weekend was the first time I'd ever been through the Bakery walk-through and I was thinking, "Aren't Rosie O and Colin supposed to be in this?" Maybe they ditched her because of her "tarnished" image now?

hbquikcomjamesl
10-21-2002, 01:15 PM
Tarnished in what way?

Her sexual orientation? What difference does that make? And isn't "Ellen's Energy Adventure" still open in Epcot?

Because she had a falling-out with the publisher of the magazine she helped save (i.e., Rosie, formerly McCall's)? So? It would have ceased publication a lot sooner had she not intervened.

Is there something I forgot about?

At any rate, it's really too bad you didn't get to see Boudin WITH Rosie and Colin, because you really haven't seen the attraction at all.

BTW, I also noticed that Regis is now conspicuously absent from Millionaire.

zapppop
10-21-2002, 01:20 PM
I heard they were decapitated.

Seriously; I think they stopped showing the 3 celebrities mentioned above
to save money on royalties (I'm guessing).

cstephens
10-21-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
This past Saturday, I went to DCA (so I could have at least one more lunch at SOB, and so I could get a look at FFF), and I went through Boudin while waiting for my Soarin' FP to mature

NO ROSIE! NO COLIN! What's up?

Rosie and Colin make that attraction. Without them, unless you happen to arrive while something is actually happening, it's just a bunch of bakery equipment in a fishbowl, and is no better than the Mission Tortilla Fiasco. What's going on here? Is somebody now trying to destroy DCA from within?

Do you mean that they're no longer showing the movie and just shuttling people through? That would be very disappointing. While I myself could just stand there and watch the machine make bread, I think the explanation adds a lot to it. (Similarly, I think the tortilla exhibit is much better when the CMs actually spiel rather than just shuttling you through.)

Did you ask anyone about the movie, presuming there was someone around to ask? I'll have to check that out this Sunday.

Cooie
10-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Tarnished in what way?

Her sexual orientation? What difference does that make? And isn't "Ellen's Energy Adventure" still open in Epcot?

Because she had a falling-out with the publisher of the magazine she helped save (i.e., Rosie, formerly McCall's)? So? It would have ceased publication a lot sooner had she not intervened.

Is there something I forgot about?

Firstly, notice how I put my tarnished in quotes, as in, "I don't believe it's tarnished, but for some odd reason, there are people in this world who do." ;)

I don't think it's her sexual orientation or the axing of her magazine so much as her supposed dive into the realm of rhymes-with-witchiness. She's been pretty vocal about her hatred of certain celebrities and politicians, etc., and while I don't think this is a bad thing -- heck, I think *more* people in the public eye should speak their minds -- it's certainly a harsher image than her happy-go-lucky talk show hostess persona.

So while I don't actually believe that this is the reason for her sudden departure from the bakery, it's a possibility, no? (For the record, I think zapppop probably has the right idea.

dingdong2U
10-21-2002, 06:37 PM
I don't think anybody has said this yet in regards to the Boudin video but "I MISS COLIN!!!" (and no, it isn't what you think it is)... :-)

I think Colin is getting the short shrift of all of this... The video was very cool and very tongue-in-cheek in parts and should be brought back... Are you listening Disney??? :-(

-- Mike

Pooh
10-21-2002, 07:04 PM
When we were at the Boudin bakery a few weeks ago, we were told that there were "technical problems." Maybe there's a problem with the equipment and no money to fix it. I'm a big fan of Colin Mochrie and enjoy the video each time I watch it. Plus, it's nice to see Rosie before she had that funky new haircut.

MonorailMan
10-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pooh
"technical problems.".

A CM told me that they were having timing problems with the videos, and the timing caused the door to opemn at the wrong moment. :)

hbquikcomjamesl
10-22-2002, 07:19 AM
A CM told me that they were having timing problems with the videos, and the timing caused the door to opemn at the wrong moment.

I hope that's all it is. Without Rosie and Colin (or some equally good substitute, or having the bakery running at full capacity the entire time DCA is open, with a CM pointing out what's going on, which would probably produce enough bread to stock every grocer and restaurant in Anaheim), what you've got, in essence, is Mission without the peep-shows.

zapppop
10-22-2002, 07:23 AM
I just go for the bread.

justagrrl
10-22-2002, 07:38 AM
I think the bakery should be running the entire time...I also think they should sell the loaves of bread, at the end, for a more reasonable price. It's just bread - not gold. I wish they had the regular Boudin's menu to. They've got some great sandwiches at the one near South Coast Plaza.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-22-2002, 09:13 AM
I've just been informed by private email that it is indeed a technical glitch, apparently involving a fried computer. I can sympathize; I've had to pick up the pieces from a number of AS/400s that fried a hard drive.

If it's going to be more than another week or so, though, it wouldn't hurt to put up some signs, giving the general gist of the spiel, and assuring everybody that Rosie and Colin will be back. Maybe even pipe in a continuous loop of the "bump" music that plays between tour stops.

If I can make it back to DCA for one last meal at SOB this weekend, I'll check on the progress at Boudin as well.

cstephens
10-28-2002, 12:04 PM
I popped in yesterday, and the regular movie with Colin and Rosie was running again.

experiment626
10-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
(Similarly, I think the tortilla exhibit is much better when the CMs actually spiel rather than just shuttling you through.)

I don't think I have ever been in when a CM was giving a "spiel" it has always been read the signs as you go through. But then again for my kids the best part is the sample? (do they even still do that?)

TP2000
10-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Although Rosie is far less likeable nowadays since she ditched the fun and happy "TV Hostess" personality recently, and instead went on the attack mode against fellow celebs and national politicians, I hope she doesn't get pulled from the Boudin bread tour video. It's the same old lovelable Rosie that America enjoyed in that bread tour video.

But if they update the video with Rosie's awful new hairdo that makes her look like some grumpy beauty school dropout smoking cigarettes behind the high school stadium, then Rosie should be pulled and removed from all Disney videos and presentations.

That new hairdo of hers is worse than her new personality! It's really just spectacularly ugly, and makes her look un-fun. I could care less about who she is sleeping with, but her recent mood swing and really bad hairdo make her unenjoyable. And she's certainly not fit for a Disney Park in her current condition.