PDA

View Full Version : Stand-by times

Pirate Bill
10-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Quick question for everyone...

How accurate are the stand by times AFTER the 10pm Fantasmic?? We saw a 50 min wait time for BTMR. Couldn't believe it! 50 minutes... for that ride?? ;) We went to SM and there was a 45 min wait. I know it was busy this weekend, but is this for real?? Our theory is that the stand by times are inflated to discourage people from staying longer. Could this be the case??

rexfarms
10-21-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Pirate Bill

How accurate are the stand by times AFTER the 10pm Fantasmic?? We saw a 50 min wait time for BTMR. Couldn't believe it! 50 minutes... for that ride?? ;) We went to SM and there was a 45 min wait. I know it was busy this weekend, but is this for real?? Our theory is that the stand by times are inflated to discourage people from staying longer. Could this be the case??

I have wondered this too. :) :confused:

Sheila
10-21-2002, 05:00 PM

It's been my experience that the actual wait time is usually just a bit shorter than what is posted as the Stand-By time. I've always felt that it was a guest psychology ploy -- "Oh look, we got on the ride in 40 minutes instead of the stated 45! Whee!"

Although I'm pretty cynical, I don't think it's done to discourage people from staying longer. That'd be silly -- if you keep people in the park, they'll buy Cokes and ice creams and go shopping more. :D

That said, FastPasses can really make the stand-by lines much longer than they normally would've been if there were no FPs in the first place. Plus, Friday and Saturday nights in the Park are always busy -- not a good time to go if you're intent on getting in a lot of rides.

My two cents,
Sheila

SzczerbiakManiac
10-21-2002, 05:18 PM
Pirate Bill wrote:
We went to SM and there was a 45 min wait.There was a 45 minute wait for me?!? ;)

But seriously, did you mean Space Mountain or Splash Mountain?

Pirate Bill
10-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
There was a 45 minute wait for me?!? ;)

But seriously, did you mean Space Mountain or Splash Mountain?

Heh... took me a minute to get that one.. :D.

That wait was for Space Mountain. I can only guess that Splash would have been a little less with it being kinda cool that night.

Maybe it was just a busy day. At one time, I saw the POTC queue doubled back 2-3 times out in front of the ROA. Incredible! And they really move you through that ride!

Laffite
10-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Heh... took me a minute to get that one.. :D.

Yea...no kidding :confused:

okay I got it :D

HBTiggerFan
10-21-2002, 09:57 PM
If you look at the signs that post the wait time they say "from this point" so if your standing under that sign it would be x minutes from that sign. SOO if you go further away from the sign into the que towards the enterance the line is shorter :)

spacemtncastmbr
10-21-2002, 10:49 PM
not all signs in the park say from this point, most signs mean from the end of the line.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
10-21-2002, 11:16 PM
Your best bet is to ask the CM standing out by the FP machine or at the front of the line

One night after Fantasmic! there was a posted 60 minute wait for Splash Mountain - the CM at the entrance confessed it was actually more like 15-20 minutes

I think late at night those signs are not updated as much?

jslivinski
10-24-2002, 02:17 PM
Our experience seems to be that after Fantasmic the signs are never correct. It's almost like they just stop updating them that late.