PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln: Where is he?

Pages : [1] 2

Pony Sugrue
07-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Has anyone heard the whereabouts of Mr. Lincoln these days?

David Koenig mentioned something about Abe's Birthday 200th next year maybe triggering his return... but I fear they will never reinstate him.

petesimac
07-22-2008, 07:24 PM
We missed seein him during our recent visit. I too hope they bring him back. I loved the Walt movie though; maybe they can do both somehow.

disney_leonard
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
I miss Abe and Walt's offices. The movie is nice but it was part of the 50th celebration. Time to bring back Abe and the offices.

Autopia Guy
07-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Has anyone heard the whereabouts of Mr. Lincoln these days?

He is still there. Just sitting around, not doing anything. Or was as far as I know. Ill have to ask some friends, but Im rather sure he is still sitting there behind the screen.

The 50th movie is getting old anyways. Time to move it out.

Jon
07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
I asked Abe, and he said, "I need to go back to the theater like I need another hole in the head."

:|

yohomama212
07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
As I share a birthday with the great man, I'd love to see the show come back! How fun it would be to make a little trip on my day and celebrate the pres returning! That's what I'll celebrate in 2009!

Elizabeth

sendkeys
07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
"Bring Lincoln back" "Bring Lincoln back" "Bring Lincoln back" Join in everyone :)

I agree i liked hem a lot If they do bring hem back i hope they don't "update" hem. For some reason i don't belive i would like it as much if they did.

disney_leonard
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
"Bring Lincoln back" "Bring Lincoln back" "Bring Lincoln back" Join in everyone :)

I agree i liked hem a lot If they do bring hem back i hope they don't "update" hem. For some reason i don't belive i would like it as much if they did.

BRING LINCOLN BACK..BRING LINCOLN BACK

They do have updated audio animatronics (Captain Jack Sparrow, etc.) which present more life like movements. I could see that.

potzbie
07-27-2008, 10:11 PM
He is still there. Just sitting around, not doing anything. Or was as far as I know. Ill have to ask some friends, but Im rather sure he is still sitting there behind the screen.

It is like what they said about Richard Nixon in the 1980s:

He's tanned.
He's rested.
He's ready.
:)

Barbossa
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
As I share a birthday with the great man, I'd love to see the show come back! How fun it would be to make a little trip on my day and celebrate the pres returning! That's what I'll celebrate in 2009!

Elizabeth

You're turning 200 also? ;) :p

Imaginears
07-29-2008, 05:30 PM
From what hear, Lincoln is indeed still in the theater. As for the Disney Offices, they have been moved to the Vault in Burbank. Having been a lifetime fan, I used to love looking at the offices as it made me feel closer to the genius himself.:)

JeffG
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
One of the two offices is actually in the Walt Disney exhibit at Disney Hollywood Studios at WDW.

-Jeff

yohomama212
07-29-2008, 08:16 PM

Yup. Watch the headlines in January! 199yo woman gives birth to her fourth child!

Elizabeth

Matterhorn Yodeler
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Yup. Watch the headlines in January! 199yo woman gives birth to her fourth child!

Elizabeth

Truly the mother of our country!:)

HisKid
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM

She's quite well-preserved. Doesn't look a day over 175. ;)

TTFN92
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
You can see him sitting behind the screen, at least that is what it looks like. My 8 y.o. DS is the one who pointed it out. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to bring him back, especially if everything is still there. With todays technology shouldn't it be simple to rotate between two showings, Lincoln and the movie? Wouldn't it just be a matter of putting a screen down and switching soundtracks?

mohavewolfpup
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
behind the screen is a stage area, underneath is a pit. down there is control cabinets old enough to mention the walt disney story also on some of it's plaques... Lincoln is wrapped up in a heavy black tarp from what little I could tell after fighting all the curtains. The set remains with all the vines, ivory towers, etc. Down in the pit area is all the old signs that hung out front and on the corners of the theater inside. all you would have to do is pop the screen out, unwrap him, do a animatronic check, and off you go.

wish the same could be said for the country bear jamboree.... :p

random faq: walk into the theater, go past the big park diorama in the middle. last door on your left to enter the theater should have a smaller door cut into the wall, open it if you are brave. you'll see a old MAPO sticker in it, you'll also see a phone in it. The small podium area near the first door entrance to the theater after coming in also has one with the MAPO sticker in it

even more random faq: my mom's mom back in the 70's or so actually worked on lincoln through a company disney contracted to do animatronic electronics repairs.

totally weird random faq: mentioned person above who repaired the electronics for lincoln in the 70's carries the last name of Booth, yes the same Booth of John Wilkes Booth fame who shot and killed the president. the history books claim he was burned in a barn after being cornered,not true. lived till a ripe old age, the government cornered a scape goat in the barn and torched/killed him to ease a grieving country. His journals until his death are rumored in the family to be at the smithsonian in washington...

TTFN92
07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
What is MAPO? :confused:

Sorry, but I don't buy it that Booth lived until the 70s. :|

MickeyM00C0w
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM

That's because he didn't. If he did, he'd be over 130 years old...

Barbossa
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM

Elizabeth

My sister's B-Day is also Feb 12 (1963). School was always out on her birthday, lucky girl.

yohomama212
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
My sister's B-Day is also Feb 12 (1963). School was always out on her birthday, lucky girl.

See, I knew I liked you! I didn't get the exact day off, but somewhere close, it was cool. Now I share a bday with Pres Lincoln, Lorne Greene, Arsenio Hall, and Sis Barbossa! Whoo hoo! It's practically royalty!

Elizabeth

Drince88
07-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Never mind

mohavewolfpup
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM

found this online, don't know if it is true "MAPO is the old name for the construction arm/company of Imagineering. Before it was all folded into one. Walt Disney used the profits from Mary Poppins to start it up, hence MAPO. FYI, anything with MAPO on it is very collectable. "

no he didn't live until the 1970's, named person above is a booth family member, not the guy himself ;)

TTFN92
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
found this online, don't know if it is true "MAPO is the old name for the construction arm/company of Imagineering. Before it was all folded into one. Walt Disney used the profits from Mary Poppins to start it up, hence MAPO. FYI, anything with MAPO on it is very collectable. "

no he didn't live until the 1970's, named person above is a booth family member, not the guy himself ;)

Thanx! :)

MrsPooh
08-06-2008, 01:45 PM
See, I knew I liked you! I didn't get the exact day off, but somewhere close, it was cool. Now I share a bday with Pres Lincoln, Lorne Greene, Arsenio Hall, and Sis Barbossa! Whoo hoo! It's practically royalty!

My birthday isn't in February. It's in August. Did you forget, Brother Barbossa?

Oh. You weren't talking about this sister.

Nevermind! :p

;)

(I was born after 1963 anyhow! :p)

Yeah, bring Lincoln back! :D