PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland is Dead

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mandrake Linux
07-02-2001, 02:23 PM
What have they turned this place into?!? They just murdered Tommorrowland Terrace. It used to be a unique place but now I have completely lost all trust in Disney with my hard earned dollars. Until Eisner and Pauline are gone along with their stores, ideas, cheap 2-bit rides, I have made a commitement never to be involved with Disney again including:
a) going to Disneyland (Disneyland is my land alright, HAH! Bull****!)
b) purchasing a product from Disney
c) any of their parks
d) any moves that are made after 1999 by Disney

I recommend others do the same.

AC/DC - who thinks: Michael Eisner can **** ** ****!

Napsto
07-02-2001, 02:48 PM
youarenot going to disneyland anymore.

lillas
07-02-2001, 03:31 PM
ACDC Therapy, your right, money is the only thing these people understand. I respectfully disagree with the "save the park" threads. In a free market economy profit is what matters, not helping them paint the park. You are one of the few who love the park enough to make the ultimate sacrifice.... not going. My family will be backpacking this summer three times instead of our regular pilgrimage to DL. It will be 1/4 the cost and a healthy dose of the real world and quality family time. Maybe the Southern Baptists were the smart ones.

SpaceMTJunkie
07-02-2001, 04:06 PM
ACDC, does not being involved with Disney include not spouting off at the mouth on this forum anymore?

cstephens
07-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Disneyland didn't seem dead to me when I was there yesterday. It was very much alive.

Gemini Cricket
07-02-2001, 06:15 PM
There is a thin line between love and hate (pardon the cliche) and I feel ACDC is really in love with DL no matter how much anger there appears to be.

DisneylandBoy
07-02-2001, 06:22 PM
Now that ACDC has vowed to never be involved with Disney until Eisner and Pressler leave, maybe he/she will stop writing negative posts on these boards.

Mandrake Linux
07-02-2001, 06:31 PM
Disneyland didn't seem dead to me when I was there yesterday. It was very much alive.

Just wait 3 more months.

ACDC, does not being involved with Disney include not spouting off at the mouth on this forum anymore?

This message board (or even the site) is not really involved with Disney. For example, if the L.A. Times reports that Coca-Cola is coming out with new poison, does that make L.A. Times involved with Coca-Cola? It is clearly stated in the policy on the mouseplanet site that MP is not affiliated by Disney, so me posting messages on this site would exclude me from Disney, however I would still be talking about them, and getting information. But..... since nobody cares enough for me to post anyway, I sent a message to one of the moderators to erase my account last night.

AC/DC - who thinks: Fishing is for those who hate work.

SpaceMTJunkie
07-02-2001, 07:54 PM
Maybe they should expedite that deletion.

Lost Boy
07-02-2001, 08:13 PM
Why? Are we not allowed to express our disapointment in what is happening to Disneyland thanks to the current mis-manegement of the Park? I happen to agree 100% with ACDC's feelings. The are ruining the one that started it all. Don't believe me. Go read Al's update today. And if I want to post something good about Disneyland here, I will do it. If I want to post something negative about what is happening, I will do it here. And no one can deny me that right. Last time I looked, this was a free country. And this board is here for us to air our comments about Disneyland, Good or Bad.
Take off your rose colored glasses. All is NOT perfect at The Happiest Place On Earth.

BillabongBoiBG
07-02-2001, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ACDC Therapy

Just wait 3 more months.

This message board (or even the site) is not really involved with Disney. For example, if the L.A. Times reports that Coca-Cola is coming out with new poison, does that make L.A. Times involved with Coca-Cola? It is clearly stated in the policy on the mouseplanet site that MP is not affiliated by Disney, so me posting messages on this site would exclude me from Disney, however I would still be talking about them, and getting information. But..... since nobody cares enough for me to post anyway, I sent a message to one of the moderators to erase my account last night.

AC/DC - who thinks: Fishing is for those who hate work.

Ok, if we wait 3 months, it wont be as alive because it will be off season, and off season isnt that crowded anyway, so that doesn't really count.

You are just being a hypocrite if you say you don't want anything to do with Disney because they "ruined" it. Then you shouldn't come here for more info on it. And if you refrain from going, you should refrain from saying how terrible it is, because then you wouldn't know. DIG usually reports negative things, since thats usually the only thing to report about, people like to here negative things, and so thats why the report it. You seem to always look for bad, a wise man once said "He who seeks bad never misses."

Mandrake Linux
07-02-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
Why? Are we not allowed to express our disapointment in what is happening to Disneyland thanks to the current mis-manegement of the Park? I happen to agree 100% with ACDC's feelings. The are ruining the one that started it all. Don't believe me. Go read Al's update today. And if I want to post something good about Disneyland here, I will do it. If I want to post something negative about what is happening, I will do it here. And no one can deny me that right. Last time I looked, this was a free country. And this board is here for us to air our comments about Disneyland, Good or Bad.
Take off your rose colored glasses. All is NOT perfect at The Happiest Place On Earth.

I love you.

Mandrake Linux
07-02-2001, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by BillabongBoiBG
[B]

Ok, if we wait 3 months, it wont be as alive because it will be off season, and off season isnt that crowded anyway, so that doesn't really count.[QUOTE]

That is exactly my point. Off season does count because that is when the budget starts coming down due to low attendance.

[QUOTE]You are just being a hypocrite if you say you don't want anything to do with Disney because they "ruined" it. Then you shouldn't come here for more info on it.[QUOTE]

Maybe you didn't read my last post throughly. This message board doesn't have anything to do with Disney physically. Neither is it a Disney movie, product, or theme park. Therefore, it is fine if I post. Besides, I need to keep on coming here for the latest news just incase Paul or Eisner left!

[QUOTE]And if you refrain from going, you should refrain from saying how terrible it is, because then you wouldn't know.[QUOTE]

I haven't stopped going until today, what I said in the past doesn't violate your statement because I was on 'GO' status. Ever since I said I wasn't going did I say anything about how bad the park is? No.

[QUOTE]You seem to always look for bad, a wise man once said "He who seeks bad never misses."

Not everyone in this world is +itive. If it were that way then this country would be overtaken by Russia without looking on how many thousand nuclear warheads each country has. What are you doing responding to my BAD POSTS? You accused me of being a hypocrite earlier, now you are doing the same thing. I look at plenty of things that are wholesome. I also look at the safety of the park, people and company. Read my Sinkhole thread on my solution thoughts.

AC/DC - who thinks: Since school shootings happen on a regular basis now, why not educate in school that killing is bad?

Mandrake Linux
07-02-2001, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Doc
There is a thin line between love and hate (pardon the cliche) and I feel ACDC is really in love with DL no matter how much anger there appears to be.

Yes I am. I love Disneyland, ever since I went there the first time in my life when I was a kid and rode Star Tours with my eyes closed. What I am not in love with is the filth that I have to put up with knowing that the park is headed towards disaster.

Mandrake Linux
07-02-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by SpaceMTJunkie
Maybe they should expedite that deletion.

Yeah they should, I can't help posting with this username! I love AC/DC too much.

BillabongBoiBG
07-02-2001, 11:00 PM
Yes, I did read your other post incorrectly, my mistake. OK, it is fine that you come here to find latest news, but for the future when you stop going to the park, and you here that they are going to build something, please don't say it is bad until you have seen it (not to say you have, just to say don't).

I fail to see how I am being hypocritical, because I never said I am not going to reply to ACDC Therapy's posts.

It is good that you look at plenty of thigs that are wholesome, so maybe you could talk about those a little more sometimes.

I just read you Sinkhole post, and I actualy agree with it, fill it with something to solve the problem.

Im glad that you love Disneyland, and I think that it is terrible that you feel you cant go there and enjoy it anymore. But it is your decision, and I hope that you will go again often.

Mandrake Linux
07-03-2001, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by BillabongBoiBG
Yes, I did read your other post incorrectly, my mistake. OK, it is fine that you come here to find latest news, but for the future when you stop going to the park, and you here that they are going to build something, please don't say it is bad until you have seen it (not to say you have, just to say don't).

I fail to see how I am being hypocritical, because I never said I am not going to reply to ACDC Therapy's posts.

It is good that you look at plenty of thigs that are wholesome, so maybe you could talk about those a little more sometimes.

I just read you Sinkhole post, and I actualy agree with it, fill it with something to solve the problem.

Im glad that you love Disneyland, and I think that it is terrible that you feel you cant go there and enjoy it anymore. But it is your decision, and I hope that you will go again often.

The thing is BillabongBoiBG, the reason I can't go even though I enjoy it is that I CAN'T GO AND ENJOY IT. It is not good, true but I can't visit it if it is a big shopping mall being downgraded as time goes by because it is losing originality. The reason why most visit it is because it has, or had rather alot of originality to it. I prefer seeing the same things over and over at the park rather than a new thing, because it's just a new low-budget item added to originality. Just my opinion. No hard feelings my friend, something will come up sooner or later that will allow me to visit the park again. Well, until Pre$$ler and Ei$ner leave that is. :)

AC/DC - who thinks: Too much

amynicole22
07-03-2001, 09:12 AM
I also haven't been able to bring myself go to DL since last December. I used to have a premium AP and go once a month. My pass was up for renewal right around the whole DCA opening/AP suspension debacle, and I was so upset that they wouldn't allow me to upgrade to a two park pass (at the time - Feb/March of this year), that I refused to renew. It just seemed like blatant arrogance to me. Why would you refuse entry to your most loyal customers, the AP's? I may not have paid $43 every time I went to a park, but I did spend copious amounts of dinero on food, merchandise, etc. They were still making money off of me. When they reinstated the two park pass it was too late - they already lost me.

I still love Disneyland (which is why I read and post on these boards), but I'm totally disillusioned with the Disney company now, and I'm not sure that I want to fatten their bank accounts with my hard earned cash. They are quite obviously not keeping up their end of the deal. No new attractions inside Disneyland until what, 2003 (?), lackluster maintenance on existing structures, lack of support for CM's (scheduling battles and costuming nightmares), mass layoffs of experienced employees, accidents on rides and within the park, and to cap it all off, a sister park that does not seem to appeal either to locals or children - their core audience. Why should I support these kinds of corporate behaviors?

I can't say that I will totally boycott the Disney company - the magic is still there, and it peeps out now and then, but I won't visit Disneyland as often as I have in the past. It's just not worth the money, time and effort any more. Inspire me, and you have my business - bore me, devalue me, and underestimate me, and I'll take it elsewhere.

dghosthost
07-03-2001, 11:29 PM
After visiting Disneyland at least once a year since my third birthday I let my AP go after viewing the New Tomorrowland. Disneyland just wasn't special to me after that, which was very sad. After 27 years of magic, it just didn't do anything for me-I didn't care anymore. I haven't wanted to return very much since then.

I will be going for the first time since new TL this October, with a Canadian friend.

Nfatuated
07-04-2001, 11:32 AM
:confused: Ac/DC, I thought you were not posting here anymore! Really your militant ways are pretty annoying and i tire of you tirades. Disneyland does need some changes, but really its not that bad. And ACDC, because disneyland has not painted a few things does not make it the worst place on earth, dont want to go? THEN DONT! How does anyone know "what walt would do" this is corporate america people and I believe as wonderful as Walt was he would definetly have cut back on costs to please the stock owners, anyone familiar with corporate america should know this. 30 yrs have passed, things change. Sorry. Enjoy it it still has the magic, at least i feel it:) :)

CaliforniaCrazy
07-04-2001, 11:36 AM
Way to go, Nfatuated!:D

Mandrake Linux
07-04-2001, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Nfatuated
:confused: Ac/DC, I thought you were not posting here anymore! Really your militant ways are pretty annoying and i tire of you tirades. Disneyland does need some changes, but really its not that bad. And ACDC, because disneyland has not painted a few things does not make it the worst place on earth, dont want to go? THEN DONT! How does anyone know "what walt would do" this is corporate america people and I believe as wonderful as Walt was he would definetly have cut back on costs to please the stock owners, anyone familiar with corporate america should know this. 30 yrs have passed, things change. Sorry. Enjoy it it still has the magic, at least i feel it:) :)

Your misunderstanding and not taking the time to think is even more annoying. Walt would've cut back on costs, but not on regular maintenance and public safety...

Nfatuated,
Maybe I didn't get my message clear across on the Internet in plain ASCII text and using a standard browser while typing at semi-slow speed and trying to get everyone to understand what I meant when I answered that question about 25 times to others while breathing infatuated air in 88° heat.

What a sentence!
Anyways...

a)I never said I will stop posting here, or did I stop. That is WHAT YOU THOUGHT.

b)My militant ways? What the?:confused: What's so militant? I was basically demonstrating my hatred for corporate greedy capitalism towards Disney. That is fact, kid.

It isn't because they haven't brushed a few places that doesn't make me visit. It is because of several causes:

Food prices continually go up slowly, tricking every american and most foregner's simply wanting a bowl of white rice for under $20. last time I was there a bottle of plain old mountain spring water™ was $7 and that was about 5 (five) years ago. Not so magical. To top it all off with a finale, injuries happen on a regular basis now. You know why? I'll let you on in a little secret: BECAUSE OF MISMANAGEMENT!

As for the magic, it is reduced to as minimum as it can get.

AC/DC - who knows that: No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple and that the longest place-name still in use is Taumatawhakatangihangakoaua- uotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuaki tanatahu, a New Zealand hill. Also that the international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Nfatuated
07-04-2001, 05:55 PM
YAWWWWNNNNN! You bore be. 5 years huh? well how the H E double hockey sticks do you know what the park looks like??????? If you dont like it dont go. Disney will now and forever more be corporate and needs to make a profit. It will never be like when walt ran it in the 60's for god sake get over it. to many it is still magical, including myself.

Lost Boy
07-04-2001, 08:01 PM
Let's see, Infatuated. There are other Corporate Companies in America and other countries. Have you ever seen any one of them do to their star creation what Disney Management is doing to their's. And I don't mean the pealing paint and dirty, litter strewn walkways either. I mean things like not maintainging rides or attraction at all anymore. Lets take a closer look:

Indiana Jones - the falling roof and swaying rope bridge haven't worked in over two years. And the ride breaks done more now than when it was brand new.

Space Mountain - The on board music hardly works at all anymore.

Big THunder Mountain - the "Show Door" at the exit of the third hill has never worked. And the lates refurb to put sparkling gold viens in the rockwork hardly ever works.

Rocket Rods - Gone for good due to Mangement Cut Backs, not poor design. If they had been allowed to do what the started, it would still be there and thrilling everyone. But Pressler cut the budget more and more every day until there was nothing left.

Sailing Ship Colmbia - motor drive shafts are bent and they refuse to fix them. Ship has caught fire three times that I know of in the last two months. It has to be pushed by a barge during the Peter Pan sequence of Fantasmic! whenever this happens.

I could go on and on about almost every attraction at Disneyland, but you get the picture, I hope.

I don't see General Motors, or Coca Cola, or Transamerica Life insurance cutting back so drastically that it ruins there main products. I don't see Warner Brothers slacking off on their movie realeases of late. I don't see, Oh well, what's the use. You just don't get it and probably never will.
I have been going to Disneyland since opening day. I used to go every Sunday. Now, it's once every two to three months. And I only stay late if Believe, fireworks are on. It used to be a very special place, full of magic and wonderfull things to do and see. Now, it's like a shopping mall full of plush and toys you can buy at any Target or Wall-Mart. A few rides here and there, and when they break down, just leave em lie. Empty Submarine Lagoons come to mind. And a Pizza Parlor in Tomorrowland selling overpriced micro-waved pasta procucts instead of somethng like Alien Encounter.
That's what's wrong me bucko. Corporate America has little to do with the current greed that has taken over Disney. All they are interested in is keeping Michael Eisner rich. He gets a $15,000,000 bonus and 4,000 castmembers lose their jobs. He get $1,000,000 a year and rides are let go to pot because they can't afford to fix them. And why does the Costume Department not have enough budget to replace clothes like sox and lederhousen? Becasue Michael Eisner just got another bonus. Pretty soon all the the cast members at Disneyland will wear generic overalls from K-Mart.
The Upper Management at Disney has no clue as to what's going on in the real world. They live in there Ivory Towers and could care less about us and how we feel about Disneyland, or WDW, or Paris. The only Park that is successful and keeps the people pouring in is Tokyo Disneyland, and that's because Mr. Eisner and Mr. Pressler have no power over them at all. They do what they do to keep Tokyo Disneyland clean, running smoothly and spend money to make money. And now that Disney Seas is also opening, they once again prove that Oriental Land Mangement (which by the way is Corporate Japan) know how to run Theme Parks and keep the people coming back time after time after time. And, they just spent $15,000,000 to redo the Electical Parade. And what do we get. The same old parade we've always had. Missing floats, and now runnning in DCA as a desperate attempt to get people to go. Sad.
Thats all I have to say, even though I don't think you will read this far anyway.
ACDC is right. You are wrong.

Mr D
07-04-2001, 08:16 PM
Bravo! Bravo! I could not have said that any better! Were you really at the opening of DL in 1955?;)