PDA

View Full Version : Disney.com shows the River goes down on January 21st

Darkbeer
10-20-2002, 10:31 PM
The often rumored draining of the River is now a fact, with the rehab now listed on the Disney.com site!

Now if they could only figure out that they need to close the Haunted Mansion after January 5th to switch it back to the original;)

Hydroman
10-21-2002, 04:57 AM
I wonder why Disney.com does not include TSI with the other attractions that will be shut down on the ROA.

The cockeyed optimist in me thinks that maybe they'll keep it open with a walkway across the riverbed.

The realist in me knows that TSI needs a lot of work, what with all the decay and lawsuit potential. It could use some downtime to get the island up to snuff.

The cynic in me thinks that Disneyland.com is doing their usual bang-up job of fresh and accurate information dissemination.

I just hope there are no families planning their annual (if not less frequent) sojourn to DL expecting TSI to be open.

malin
10-21-2002, 05:04 AM
I was checking the site out last night and found it interesting how on the DCA rehabs Superstar Limo is no longer listed.Does this mean Superstar Limo has finally joined the Rocket Rods.I know during my recent visit to The Walt Disney Studios in Paris the park was selling the miniture limos.Perhaps trying to get rid of the stock.As there is no longer a need for it.

Darkbeer
10-21-2002, 10:03 AM
Well, SSL and the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough were not shown yesterday, they did return to the list early this morning.....

Darkbeer
10-21-2002, 10:43 PM
I found out the current scheduled return of the River is April 11th, of course, always subject to change.

Also, King Arthur's Carrousel is now listed as "TBD" instead of January 30th.

At least Disney.com has the Haunted Mansion listed now (closed 1/6 thru 1/23, 2003).

Now, if they could figure out that Tom Sawyer's Island will be closed.....:p

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
10-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Is anything posted on Disneyland.com a 'fact'?