PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Cast Members

Captain Carlos
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Our family just returned from a 2 day Disney visit. In the past, we have avoided the high peak season due to crowds and the heat, but we had the opportunity to go last week with comp tickets - couldn't pass that up!

Let's just say, the crowds and the heat were exactly what I had anticipated. Crazy! The Cast Members, on the other hand, were fantastic. They were so very professional, so very pleasant and they made our trip magical. We had a CM entertain us with Disney Trivia while waiting for Fantasmic. We had a CM chat with us about what happens to the park after closing, while we were waiting for the parking structure tram. We had a CM help us out when our tickets weren't being read by the FastPass machine. The trolley driver CM, the ride CMs, the food service CMs, all of these hard working employees were amazing.

Kudos to you! Your jobs must be difficult, especially in the heat - yet you took the time to make my 2 day vacation something to remember. Thank you!

petesimac
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I second the superb preformances of the CMs at Disneyland. In the four full days we were there, I only came across one or two CMs that were less than stellar. The degree of friendliness, professionalism, and generosity were of the highest level. I wish I was better at remembering names because there were more than a few that I'd like to single out for being even more special. Alas, my brain is mush. But yes, yes, a thousand times yes, great job Disneyland CMs!

xsilverxstarsx
07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
thank you :-)

foolishmortal
07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Thank you! And a BIg thanks to the PPH staff who always make our stay wonderful!

MKY4ME
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
and try to make everyone's stay with us magical! thanks for the nice words, we all appreciate it!:)

dkthepainter
07-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Yay, Castmembers! Keep up the splended work!:):D:)

MrsPooh
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
The last several years I've noticed that there seems to be a better grade of CMs at the park.

We were used to the nice CMs before, but now it seems that most of them are so wonderful to us, going the extra mile to make the trip memorable. And, I honestly can't remember the last time I ran into a rude CM. They must be an extinct breed. ;)

Thanks for all the hard work you do. You guys are AWESOME! :D

tchatters
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
We had some stunningly nice, outgoing and very friendly CMs on our trip last week... but I was still surprised that some were unable to answer a few questions. Particularly unusual- we asked the man at the ride board "What time does Tom Sawyer's Island actually open?" because we didn't want to walk over there if it wasn't open yet. He was very nice and very puzzled... had to look in a book... no answer there... had to call the island. No answer. He says "I guess it's not open yet!" when the phone rings and the island has called him to say they're open.

Still, he was very apologetic and very kind! We met several Dream team members too who were so sweet. It's always frustrating when my DS who is 5 tries to talk to adults but gets ignored. That did not happen one single time with any CMs!

MickeyM00C0w
07-22-2008, 03:43 PM
We had some stunningly nice, outgoing and very friendly CMs on our trip last week... but I was still surprised that some were unable to answer a few questions. Particularly unusual- we asked the man at the ride board "What time does Tom Sawyer's Island actually open?" because we didn't want to walk over there if it wasn't open yet. He was very nice and very puzzled... had to look in a book... no answer there... had to call the island. No answer. He says "I guess it's not open yet!" when the phone rings and the island has called him to say they're open.

Rule of thumb: everything opens up when the park opens up. And I don't blame the guy in the least for not knowing when Pirates Lair opens. Even for someone who works in NOCC, I have no idea if it's open any later than the rest of the attractions. We don't exactly get updates on when each and every single ride opens anyway, but he handled it the best way possible: call someone who does know. And I think the person manning the ride board is only responsible for knowing which rides are functional or not for the day and which ones are down completely, not necessarily if the ride opens any later.

tchatters
07-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Rule of thumb: everything opens up when the park opens up. And I don't blame the guy in the least for not knowing when Pirates Lair opens. Even for someone who works in NOCC, I have no idea if it's open any later than the rest of the attractions. We don't exactly get updates on when each and every single ride opens anyway, but he handled it the best way possible: call someone who does know. And I think the person manning the ride board is only responsible for knowing which rides are functional or not for the day and which ones are down completely, not necessarily if the ride opens any later.

According to the guy on the raft, Pirates Lair opens one hour after the park. He did handle it perfectly, that wasn't my issue. It was weird to me that the guy who is standing there with the "Ride Information" sign didn't know that... it wasn't a very obscure question. We did have other obscure questions other places that couldn't be answered- but this one seemed to be pretty normal.

cstephens
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Rule of thumb: everything opens up when the park opens up.

Does Toontown open at park opening nowadays? Because there was a time when it didn't.

Malcon10t
07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Rule of thumb: everything opens up when the park opens up. Hungry Bear doesn't. Pirates Lair doesn't. Toontown doesn't.

MickeyM00C0w
07-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Hungry Bear doesn't. Pirates Lair doesn't. Toontown doesn't.

It should be stated on the maps and such that Toontown opens later, but I don't believe it mentions Pirate's Lair. I haven't picked up a map at the gate since the 50th birthday when it meant something to me, so I can't speak from experience. And I was referring to attractions, not food places. A lot of those places don't open till 11:00 unless they offer breakfast.

PS: I looked in my CM reference guide and it explicitly states on there about Toontown opening an hour after the park does, but says absolutely nothing about the rafts to Pirate's Lair being late as well.

cstephens
07-23-2008, 04:38 AM
PS: I looked in my CM reference guide and it explicitly states on there about Toontown opening an hour after the park does, but says absolutely nothing about the rafts to Pirate's Lair being late as well.

That's nice that your CM guide says that about Toontown, but I just looked at a park map and the daily schedule, and there's nothing on there about Toontown, so that's not going to help a guest who has no access to the CM guide and who won't know to ask what opens when.

The hours for Pirate's Lair are indicated on the daily schedule, but it's buried in with all the other times of everything.

MickeyM00C0w
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
That's nice that your CM guide says that about Toontown, but I just looked at a park map and the daily schedule, and there's nothing on there about Toontown, so that's not going to help a guest who has no access to the CM guide and who won't know to ask what opens when.

The hours for Pirate's Lair are indicated on the daily schedule, but it's buried in with all the other times of everything.

Just to clarify (cause your response seems like you've taken offense to something there), I threw that last tidbit out so show that even the smallest detail such as when a particular attraction opens at a different time than the park can easily allude any CM since if you don't know the answer to the question already, your next option is to go straight to the pamphlet or to ask someone who is working with you if available. I'm not sure why Toontown would appear on there but Pirate's Lair wouldn't. Hell, I don't even know why either of them open later in the first place.

xsilverxstarsx
07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Hungry Bear doesn't. Pirates Lair doesn't. Toontown doesn't.

village haus doesnt either. they open at 11. i dont think rancho del zocalo does either.

kiki
07-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I remember about 2 or 3 years ago, we were getting on splash mountain. Just as our log was getting ready to go, the ride stopped. We were sitting there for about 5 min and the ride was still down so the CM's who were not working on the tech issues with the ride was doing Disney song trivia with the guest who were waiting. After the ride was fixed every one clapped and that was that. When our log returned back the CM's clapped since we were first and said something like welcome back from your extended tour of the Brier Patch.

Thanx to all the CM's who make every trip magical:D

yohomama212
07-23-2008, 11:35 AM
It's been my experience that most places in the park that don't serve breakfast, don't open til 11. Bengal Barbecue, R2P2... places like that.

Elizabeth

MickeyM00C0w
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
It's been my experience that most places in the park that don't serve breakfast, don't open til 11. Bengal Barbecue, R2P2... places like that.

Elizabeth

That's kind of the trend with...every restaurant. Unless the place serves breakfast, there's no point opening any earlier than 11.

ChurroGirl
07-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Great customer service care comes from CM's!

I was in the Crystal Palace? I believe, the cute shop behind the PhotoShop buying my wedding cake topper. The CM asked when we were getting married and I told her Nov 29th. She reached underneath the counter and grabbed to Just Married Pins! She said take them to City Hall when we come for our Honeymoon and they will do something special for us! I cant wait for Dec 1st so we can do this! It was so nice and unexpected of her to do that.

Thanks to all the CM's who do make the guests day even if it is the littlest acts! It really does mean the world to us.

ChipmunkStar
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
<off topic> You're getting married on my birthday! Good choice!</off topic>

HisKid
07-23-2008, 09:06 PM
<off topic> You're getting married on my birthday! Good choice!</off topic>

No, she's getting married on MY birthday!!! ;)

PanFan
07-23-2008, 09:18 PM
She's getting married the day IASW is scheduled to re-open...

ChurroGirl
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
THAT IS SO SWEET!!! Thanks for the info PanFan! How cool am I to subconsiously plan my wedding day on some amazing peoples birthdays!!

That and my uncles is the day after so we are having a secret birthday cake being made for him.

THpoohbear
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
No, she's getting married on MY birthday!!! ;)

Our birthdays are only one day apart!:cool: