PDA

View Full Version : Olszewski update

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cstephens
07-21-2008, 01:27 AM
For anyone who might be interested, I've updated the site (http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html) to include the most current release information as well as a report on Thursday's release.

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the July 17, 2008 update, which includes details about the next release date of Olszewski products, new items in the Gallery of Light and Heirloom Box and pokitpals lines, upcoming releases in the Main Street miniatures collection (both at Disneyland and Walt Disney World), and an attraction that's not quite right.

Thanks!

Dr. G
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Thank you so much for the update! It's great to have a feel for what's going on! Here's hoping DelivEARS has some of the Tiki Room Gallery of Light available for those of us out of state :)

DatabaseDiva
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
For anyone who might be interested, I've updated the site (http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html) to include the most current release information as well as a report on Thursday's release.

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the July 17, 2008 update, which includes details about the next release date of Olszewski products, new items in the Gallery of Light and Heirloom Box and pokitpals lines, upcoming releases in the Main Street miniatures collection (both at Disneyland and Walt Disney World), and an attraction that's not quite right.

Thanks!

We love your site and have visited it many times since we started collecting the Main Street USA pieces. In fact, my husband brought a print out of some of the pages with us on our last trip. Thanks for keeping us informed!

cstephens
08-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Since the last update was only a little over a month ago, rather than starting a new thread, I figured I'd just piggyback onto this one.

For anyone who might be interested, I've updated the site (http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html) to include the most current release information as well as a report on Saturday's release.

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the August 23, 2008 update, which includes details about a recent policy change in how the signing line is handled, extensive pictures of the new Dumbo attraction to be released in November, pictures of the monorail to be released on July 17, 2009, confirmation of the next attraction piece, pictures of a new pokitpal, and links to a really cool website that Olszewski Disneyland miniatures collectors will certainly enjoy.

Thanks!

Dr. G
08-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the update. I really appreciate the info!

spectromen
08-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Whew! Yay! When I saw the date of the thread I was worried that it wasn't going to have a new update but here it is. Thank you! I was there, but I still prefer reading these through your eyes/words! :)

cstephens
11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Using this thread so I don't start another one just for this.

The Dumbo release originally scheduled for Nov. 22 has been moved to December 13. I was wondering if they were going to keep the original date since nothing had been mentioned yet. They had mentioned they might not have product in time for Nov. 22, so maybe that's what happened. The following week is Thanksgiving and then it's Candlelight weekend, so the 13th is the first available date after that.

Click here for more information. (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/dlr_olszewski_december2008.html) Note that they are offering limited online sales starting December 2.

TTFN92
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
That is so cute! I wish I had the money and the space to collect all of them and display them. They'd take up my entire living room though ;).

cstephens
12-14-2008, 12:26 AM
For anyone who might be interested, I've updated the site (http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html) to include the most current release information as well as a report on Saturday's release.

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the December 13, 2008 update, which includes pictures of the next set of floats to be released in the Main Street Electrical Parade series, pictures of two new Gallery of Light pieces (including one in conjunction with the Haunted Mansion's 40th anniversary), two new Fantasyland pieces in the works, information about other new Gallery of Light pieces, information and pictures of new Pokitpals, and a link to video of a motorized Mad Tea Party.

Thanks!

Mrs Mouse
12-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks so much for the update, cstephens, I always look forward to reading them.

I'm very excited about the King Arthur Carousel piece being planned for the 55th anniversary. I can just imagine how beautiful it would be! That one's definitely on my list.

Just out of curiousity, do you collect any of Olszewski's pieces? You're so knowledgeable about them.

cstephens
12-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Just out of curiousity, do you collect any of Olszewski's pieces?

We've been collecting the Main Street series since Sleeping Beauty Castle was released in December 2002. We have the complete collection, including all the attractions and accessories. We have some of the Gallery of Light series, I broke down during the last release and bought our first Heirloom Box, and we've so far managed not to get a Pokitpal yet, but that Space Mountain one will probably be my first, and the husband is eyeing the Dumbo one. I also have a couple of Olszewski's pieces from his old Story Time Collection.

Tinkermommy
12-14-2008, 10:36 AM
we've so far managed not to get a Pokitpal yet,

Resistance was futile for me on these...LOL. I bought the castle box with Walt holding hands with Mickey & Minnie, and the Tinkerbell box shaped like a hand mirror. The Tinkertween is getting one for Christmas with a necklace in it; the other for her birthday in Feb. They really are beautiful!

MaraMouse
12-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks for updating this site! I recently fell in love with his Gallery of Light pieces while looking for wish list items at the Disney shopping site, then found his website and became more fascinated, so I filled my Christmas WL with GOL pieces, and I can't wait to see how many my family got me! :D

I'm most excited about the Hitchhiking Ghosts and Splash Mountain ones, and what I can find in the park on my upcoming trip, I really want that Nightmare Before Christmas Jack/Sally one too.

I watched his interview on YouTube and was in awe when he showed his GOL wall, I aspire to have one!

Dr. G
12-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the Dec 13th update. I really look forward to your updates--It's great to hear about everything coming up! My Dumbo arrived this past week while I was out of town so I just opened it this morning. Gorgeous!

cstephens
01-19-2009, 12:25 AM
For anyone who might be interested, I've updated the site (http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html) to include the most current release information as well as a short report on Bob Olszewski's appearance at the NFFC sale.

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the January 18, 2009 update, which includes information about re-release of Disneyland miniature pieces, a change to the next Walt Disney World miniatures release, pictures of new upcoming Gallery of Light and Heirloom Boxes, and another new line in the Olszewski Studios arsenal.

Thanks!

Dr. G
01-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks for another update on what's going on--it is really appreciated!

cstephens
05-10-2009, 02:30 AM

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the May 9, 2009 update, which includes updated information about changed release dates of attraction pieces, new attractions coming down the line, and great news about Fantasyland.

Thanks!

KarenW2
05-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi CS,
Thanks for another great report on the signing event. I was most interested in when the Sleeping Beauty and Beauty & the Beast Heirloom Boxes would be released, but unfortunately, you didn't have any info on that. Also, I'd like to know what the dimensions on the pieces are.

I'm also very surprised/disappointed that Disney neglected to have a table for Travis to set-up his other things and that nobody went and got one for him, before the signing time was over! Did everyone request one for next time?

Looking forward to your next update!!

disney_leonard
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the update. I was there too. With the exception of no table for Travis I thought this event went rather smoothly. They had a good number of pre-signed parade sets which made things go faster. It seems that they have to reinvent the wheel each event. At least this time they brought in extra cash registers and CM's. I don't understand why they couldn't round up a table in short order for Travis. I'm sure they must have had one somewhere in DLR.

AVP
05-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi CS,
Thanks for another great report on the signing event. I was most interested in when the Sleeping Beauty and Beauty & the Beast Heirloom Boxes would be released, but unfortunately, you didn't have any info on that. Also, I'd like to know what the dimensions on the pieces are.
I wrote about those in my January Gift Show article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8699/Shopping_the_Mart_a_preview_of_Disney_collectibles _introductions_for_2009). All three are a "June" release date, which usually means they ship to retailers around June 15th. Here are more specifics:

Sleeping Beauty Heirloom Box (http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=mm090129av#SlideFrame_4)
5.9" L x 4.5" W x 8.25" H

Cinderella Heirloom Box (http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=mm090129av#SlideFrame_3)
6.6" L x 4.4" W x 7" H

Beauty and the Beast Heirloom Box (http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=mm090129av#SlideFrame_5)
4.4" L x 4.5" W x 9.25" H

AVP

KarenW2
05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Yes, Adrienne, I remember reading your great article about these back then, that's what got me interested in the Sleeping Beauty box in particular!! I thought I'd read something that said they'd be released in May (maybe it was Bob's site or something). I'm glad we didn't miss it!

In our Master Suite, we have several Sleeping Beauty things (bedroom, SLEEPING Beauty, get it?), like the very large framed tile picture by Elisabeth Gomes of Sleeping Beauty and her Prince, the Sleeping Beauty "book" that looks like the book in the opening of the feature and has a "hidden" storage compartment, the Sleeping Beauty "First Love's Kiss" Gallery of Light box by Bob and our newest addition, the matted first day issue Sleeping Beauty stamp with the picture, that I'm still looking for a suitable frame for.

I purchased the Alice in Wonderland box and love it, so I'm really looking forward to the Sleeping Beauty box!

Thanks for the links and for putting all the dimensions in one place together!!

cstephens
07-20-2009, 02:00 AM
For anyone who might be interested, I've updated the site (http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html) to include the most current release information as well as a report on Friday's release and some extra information from Sunday's NFFC show and sale.

Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the July 17, 2009 update, which includes updated information about miniatures pieces in the works and the re-release of other pieces, speculation and musings about the next land to be tackled, updates about the monorail support stanchion and Peter Pan shadow box light display, important information about new orders for the Main Street platform, information about the next Walt Disney World release, new pokitpals to be released later this year including a D23 exclusive, information and pictures about non-Disney pieces newly available and upcoming, and if you could have a PeopleMover piece, vote for what color you'd want it to be.

Thanks!

KarenW2
07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all the great info and photos! I'm really hoping that Bob will some day come out with a "Kiss the Girl" scene from The Little Mermaid in one of the Gallery of Light boxes. I asked him about this and his response was that he doesn't have any plans to do one at present, but picks things to do based on collector interest and "saleability" (is that a word?).

I think this would be a great idea, for when the Little Mermaid attraction opens in DCA!! WDW is supposed to be getting one too, so there would be interest on both coasts!! What do you think?

I was disappointed that the release of the Sleeping Beauty Heirloom Box wasn't done in May (our 30th wedding anniversary was 5-26!), but will be in September instead. Did they mention anything about what was going on with this piece?

cstephens
07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I was disappointed that the release of the Sleeping Beauty Heirloom Box wasn't done in May (our 30th wedding anniversary was 5-26!), but will be in September instead. Did they mention anything about what was going on with this piece?

I'm not sure, but I think it's some kind of delay on Enesco's part. That's been happening on several other pieces (not just Heirloom Boxes) as well.

Maleficent's goon
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
MUST...HAVE..MALEFICENT pokitpal!!!

Did they have a specific date in November for its release and is it limited edition or anything like that??
I just may have to rethink canceling our Xmas trip this year:eek:

thanks for the updates