PDA

View Full Version : How does Ariel get to the Grotto?

leota's necklace
10-18-2002, 12:46 PM
Just got back from a visit to the Park this past weekend. The crowds on Saturday and Sunday were amazing; I'm glad we had the 3-to-5 day Hoppers so we could afford to just wander around and shop until Monday.

We visited the Manse; I was glad they changed the ER music back, though those horrid "scarols" were enough to keep us from visiting more often than we did. Standing in line with those awful things blaring down on us felt like some sort of punishment.

But to my question: we stopped to watch Ariel being absolutely adorable at the Grotto, and after we left, I wondered, how does she get out there? Other characters can walk on and off stage to wherever their greet spot is, but she's stuck without some help, I would think. Does some handsome Eric-type pick her up and carry her? Does she have a special cart? Disappear down a revolving door? Inquiring minds want to know!

cstephens
10-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by leota's necklace
Disappear down a revolving door? Inquiring minds want to know!

That's it, though it's not down, just around. Her seat spins around, and when she goes on her break, an empty seat rests in her place. She appears on stage by way of the spinning seat as well.

leota's necklace
10-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Holy cow. Thanks!

RStar
10-18-2002, 01:10 PM
And they have fan fair music and mist as well!

ChipmunkStar
10-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Fan fare, mist, and splashing water! You can't forget the splashing water!

I remember when I was there for the first time "helping" Ariel's shell spin, I didn't know about the water. . . Yeah, I had a wet leg for the first half of the day. Of course, It also works when some kid is bugging you. "Oh, you wanna see Ariel come out? Alright. . .stand. . . riiiiiiiight. . . There!" *Splash* (Kid: "Oh my goooooood!") It's the best :)

leota's necklace
10-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Lordy. I'm sorry I missed it!

stitcher
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
I wonder what they would do if someone by chance got into the "replacement" seat just before she revolved out and ended up getting revolved in.

Guest 1: You distract the host and I'll have a seat right there.
Guest 2: How come you always have all the fun?
Guest 1: Because if I let you have any fun there would be no point in arguing now would there?
Guest 2: Oh. OK
Guest 2: Can you take a picture of us in the splash area
Entertainment Host: Sure!(in a happy, Prozac voice)
Guest 1 makes a dart for the seat just before the mist starts and in a matter of seconds is replaced my Ariel.
Mission accomplished.

ChipmunkStar
10-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Big problem with tha scenario:

There are like five CM's watching all at once to make sure no one can get in te way,

1. The Host out in the front KNOWS the spin is going to happen, and DOES NOTlet anyone getnear the shell pre-spin.

2. The photographer (or two sometimes) is still sitting back and watching.

3. The other host in back (there's a camera watching the entire area, so they can see what's going on.

4. Ariel is still in vision of the screen showing that shot of the area also.

There are also three buttons tsat must be constantly held dow simultaneously, or the shell will not budge. One n front with the host, the other host in back, and Ariel has one too. If one button is not being pushed down copletely (i.e. the host out frot has to leave the spot to get someone out of the way, the thing WILL NOT move until they resume the pushing f the button.

We're just smart to think up big huge plans like that :)

Jon Vincible
10-19-2002, 11:53 PM
It would be alot easier if ariel just appeared out of the mist. Oh wait... she does... muwahahahaha.

Brown Monkey
10-21-2002, 12:17 PM
Wow, all that planning just for a meet n greet. I'm impressed.

Anyway, I think it be so funny if we saw Ariel dragging her body down the sidewalk in order to plop herself on top of the rockwork!