PDA

View Full Version : Has ToonTown been painted in last 2 years?

sendkeys
07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
I was there when toontown opened and i remember how great everything looked. Over the years it seams the paint in toontown is so faded it doesn't remind me of "happy toons" anymore. Last time I was there was about 2 years ago, has any part of toontown been repainted since then?

newhdplayer
07-15-2008, 06:14 PM
How often should toontown be painted?

sendkeys
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
How often should toontown be painted?

Last time i was there it looked like the same paint from 13 years ago. It was really faded bad. In side the houses were great, it didn't match. Everyone else in the park was fine to great shape. So i would guess every 10 years.

So i'm hoping it has been painted in the last two? Has it?

HauntedKid
07-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I Think The Sun Damage Is Huge, That`s Why The Paint Seems To Be Fading

anniedg
07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
We didn't even make it to Toontown when we went this summer so I have no current info, but I know I had the same reaction as yours when we were there 4 years ago. It looked way overdue for a new coat of paint.

HisKid
07-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Along the same lines, whatever happened to the Jolly Trolley?

Andrew
07-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Along the same lines, whatever happened to the Jolly Trolley?
It has been welded to the tracks for your convenience.

HisKid
07-16-2008, 02:32 PM
It has been welded to the tracks for your convenience.

Golly! How very jolly!

Matterhorn Yodeler
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I volunteered to paint it, but they wouldn't let my spray cans through bag check...:p

sendkeys
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Ahh that's sad well i guess i we will do what we did last time. Go on roger rabbit(great ride) and kind of stay away from toon town.

Ya the Jolly Trolley was really cool when it was running. I guess welding it to the tracks saves from having to hire one person to run it? Some times It feels like disney would fire the whole park and replace them with wall-e robots if they could.

Baloo
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
toontown is constantly getting painted.

The problem is that those bright colors fade easy under the bright California sun. The area uses lots of red, greens and orange. The color yellow fades much faster than other colors under the hot sun so it makes things look faded.

Another problem is the amount of fall-oof that the land receives fromt he nightly fireworks.

Corith
07-17-2008, 08:15 AM
toontown is constantly getting painted.

The problem is that those bright colors fade easy under the bright California sun. The area uses lots of red, greens and orange. The color yellow fades much faster than other colors under the hot sun so it makes things look faded.

Another problem is the amount of fall-oof that the land receives fromt he nightly fireworks.

They should try using the crushed glass based paint deveoped for the subs.

Bytebear
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Ahh that's sad well i guess i we will do what we did last time. Go on roger rabbit(great ride) and kind of stay away from toon town.

Ya the Jolly Trolley was really cool when it was running. I guess welding it to the tracks saves from having to hire one person to run it? Some times It feels like disney would fire the whole park and replace them with wall-e robots if they could.

Actually, the trolley kept running into people so it became a safety issue.

Matterhorn Yodeler
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Simple solution to clearing people from its path, a giant "AH-OOOOOU-GAH" horn! :p

sendkeys
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
If that's the case wonder how long before they close down the horse-drawn streetcar. That's one of my favorites.

PanFan
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Donald's boat just got repainted and a few months ago the green hills behind TT received a fresh coat.

sendkeys
07-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Thats sounds great :) Maybe it will be better this time i sure hope so :)

BunnyCups
07-18-2008, 12:55 AM
I miss toontown when it first came out. Spiral staircases weren't roped off, there were acorn balls that you could frolic through and hide beneath, and most importantly goofy's bouncey house (that's gone now, right?). I remember it was so much fun to go there as a kid (I was young when it opened).

I wish parents didn't have to sue for everything!

AaronInCal
07-18-2008, 02:13 AM
If I remember correctly, the repainted the backdrop behind Toontown last year. That seems to be the area the fades quite rapidly. Also the wall of "buildings" that is behind the Gag Factory and Roger Rabbit get to where the paint it peeling sometimes before they paint it again. Luckily they did not let it get that bad before the most recent repaint last year.