PDA

View Full Version : Angels pep rally at DTD

lisarenee1026
10-18-2002, 06:36 AM
I heard on the channel 5 news this morning that there is going to be an Angels pep rally tonight at Downtown Disney, i think they said 6:00 p.m.. Thinking of going, but i bet the crowds will be enormous.

justagrrl
10-18-2002, 06:38 AM
Sounds like a good time to avoid the area completely. It's going to be such a joy living so close to the stadium and resort this weekend. (I'm not a big baseball fan...can you tell?):rolleyes:

RStar
10-18-2002, 07:53 AM
I'd like to go. They are giving the first 10,000 people hats and thunder sticks. I want a thunder stick, but don't know about the crowds.

Ghoulish Delight
10-18-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by RStar
I'd like to go. They are giving the first 10,000 people hats and thunder sticks. I want a thunder stick, but don't know about the crowds. First 10,000!!?? So they're expecting MORE than 10,000? :eek: :eek: That's a LOT of people in DTD at once. I think I will be avoiding that like the plague, thank you very much.

MickeyD
10-18-2002, 08:52 AM
If I lived closer, I'd totally go. There is such an awesome energy at things like that. (And this coming from someone who usually avoids crowds like the plague!)

[Edit-Wow, I had already used the term "like the plague" before I saw GD used it in the post before.]

Darkbeer
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
It was crowded, I was there, but didn't stay long, got out of DtD just after 6 PM, and they had stuff for 20,000.

The big deal was the MLB Gala Celebration at Paradise Pier. They closed down half the pier (from the bridge to the Orange Stinger), and basically converted the area into one big buffet, with tables stretched from one end to the other with food and drink for the private party, that started at 7 PM.

For those beer freaks, they actually served Budweiser on TAP at the park (Well, Budweiser is the official beer of MLB).

The best part was that they had Go-Go Dancers!!!:D They set up a stage under the "Paradise Pier" sign, and had a band on the stage, plus two elevated stages on each side, where a beautiful young lady, wearing skin tight clothing (a decent sized top, plus a pair of "hot" shorts, with a pair of tights underneath) danced to the music. Maybe I will see a Hooters in DCA...:p

The second best part was the "kinetics" they offered, even though nobody was riding the rides, they kept the Sun Wheel, Carousel and Screamin' moving, adding to the atmosphere. They also had a small fireworks display in the lake. Gee, wasn't that part of the special Tomorrowland atmosphere, the "kinetics" with the PeopleMover, Submarines, Autopia plus other things moving:confused:

ahecht
10-19-2002, 08:54 PM
They had two locations distributing hats and boom sticks, one in the middle of DtD (which had 45 minute lines all night), and one north of the ESPN zone, which never had a line. Each location had stuff for 10,000 people, and they both were out by 7:00.

I did get a lot of wierd looks waiting for Fantasmic while holding a cardboard hat and thunderstix.

In DtD, they had three jumbotron screens set up, all of which will show the World Series in the coming days. There is one by the Mickey & Friends tram stop, one near House of Blues (where all the radio stations set up their remotes), and one behind the stage they set up in between ESPN zone and the AMC theaters (where all the TV remotes were). The whole area was insanely loud, and you could even hear the loud music (courtesy of Tim Salmon's group) from parts of Disneyland.

RStar
10-21-2002, 09:05 AM
My son and I went, got our hats and Thunderstix (they come in a pair-duh, didn't know;) ), and found they crowd thick, but not too bad. Had a great time, I'm glad I went.

LifelongAngelsFan
10-24-2002, 09:52 AM
I took me nearly three hours to get from LAX to DTD...so, I arrived too late to get a hat or thunderstick. Regardless, I had a great time and thought Disney did their usual great job of hosting.

RStar
10-24-2002, 01:52 PM
It's still a great place to hang out during the games as well. With the big TV screens, people, excitement, decorations, ect. Kinda like a big sports bar!;)