PDA

View Full Version : roaming carney games in Disneyland?

olegc
07-11-2008, 10:58 PM
today (friday July 11th) my daughter went to the park around 5pm - and noticed that there were a few CM's roaming Main St. with mini-carney games. A putting game and a basketball game. they also carried a YOMD sign with them. My daughter did not see if they gave out any prizes for it - but it sounded rather tacky. what's next - a spinner on wheels and let people "try their luck"?

SteveK
07-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I've seen them do this many time prior to the parades, mainly to keep the little ones entertained since may have to sit awhile while waiting for the parades to start.

olegc
07-12-2008, 05:58 AM
I've seen them do this many time prior to the parades, mainly to keep the little ones entertained since may have to sit awhile while waiting for the parades to start.

ahhh - thanks.. she did not mention it was pre-parade time.

MickeyM00C0w
07-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Yep, pre-parade show. I don't see anything tacky about it, I think it's rather cute and fits the theme pretty well. It's nice to give the little ones something to do and safely keep them in the street so they don't get run over by the carts coming up and down Main Street.

cstephens
07-12-2008, 07:27 AM
today (friday July 11th) my daughter went to the park around 5pm - and noticed that there were a few CM's roaming Main St. with mini-carney games. A putting game and a basketball game.

On Fourth of July, they had those and a plastic bowling thing too.

I find "carney games" a bit of an odd description. To me, they looked like toys that kids would play with on their front lawn.

Malcon10t
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
I've seen them many times and they've been a great help to parents with small kids waiting for the parade. The kids love the games and have a blast. Never made me think of carny games though.

PanFan
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Oh, the Game Squad! The cart is required to make an appearance before each parade and we assign at least two CM's to bring it out and play with it for a while. At least in FL (where people don't usually wait nearly as long for the parade as they do on MS), it seems very forced and very few of us actually want to do it. I thought it was a really cute idea at first and I was really excited about it, but after I tried it once I was so over it. Most kids who do play with it are passing through (because closer to parade time when there are actually people lining the streets we're supposed to be staffing our positions, not playing with the Game Squad toys), so it kind of defeats the purpose of helping pass the time waiting for the parade and ends up slowing them down on their way to their next destination. Some kids really enjoy it, but I'd rather walk down the route and interact with the kids one-on-one than play forced games of basketball, golf, bowling, or charades.