PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland, Jan 1-8

ZippityDooGuy
10-17-2002, 09:53 AM
Im heading to Disneyland in January from the 1-8. I was wondering if people think it will be really crowded the whole time or what not. Also, if and fellow MPers around 20 would like to meet up and have a bite while Im there, Im game. Thanks for any info

a-mad
10-17-2002, 11:27 AM
I've been to Disneyland once during that period - actually, I think it was around the fourth or fifth of January:

Plusses:

Excellent weather
little to no crowds
hey, you're in DL... there's really no minuses except for...

Minuses:

All of the Christmas decorations were down, and there was no Believe! in Holiday Magic - which is INCREDIBLE!!! Although if you're there on the 1st, you'll probably get to experience the holidays in the park, I would think.

crc9998
10-17-2002, 12:43 PM
You are liable to run into some crowds though...cuz a lot of people will be going in to renew or apply for their AP's!

But it is usually nice weather, and I am not sure when they take the decor down.

a-mad
10-17-2002, 12:58 PM
Also, for what it's worth...

I was browsing around the Disneyland website, and discovered that the Christmas parade and Holiday fireworks continue until Sunday, January 5th, and then the normal parade and fireworks begin on Monday the 6th....

Looks like you'll get the best of both worlds... the holiday celebration, and limited crowds (at least after the 1st);)