PDA

View Full Version : Funny ToT Pictures

Pages : [1] 2

Black Pearl
07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Ok, the last time we went, (about a month ago) I had just gotten one of those zip up hoodies that looks like a skeleton. I had this crazy idea of putting it on for rides that took pictures during the ride, (Splash Mountain, California Screamin', Tower of Terror, etc.), you know, to be funny I guess. So, the first one we tried it on was Splash Mountain. Right before the drop, I zipped it up and put both arms in the air for effect. When we got to the part were you could view the picture ----"washed away". (I HATE YOU FLASH MOUNTAIN!) Then, I tried it on California Screamin', (maybe it was just a technical error on Splash) ---NOPE. Well, then I tried it on ToT and I must have got lucky or it went with the theme because, WALLAH. There I was in my "I'm a skeleton on a phone call" pose. When we came out to the part where you could view the pictures, people were asking themselves and each other, "is that part of the ride?" Then a guy saw my hoodie and asked me, "was that you?" I said yeah and he told me he was on a different elevator but was buying the one that I was on as well just because it looked so darn cool! I was just wondering if anyone else has any funny pics like this. Here it is if anyone cares to see it. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=903

ChurroGirl
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Black, thats really cool! If I were there that day too I prob would have gotten it too!

You could totally play some pretty good pranks on people with that!:D

Black Pearl
07-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I originally bought it to wear snowboarding.....I found out that people are strangely disturbed by a silent skeletal figure sitting next to them on the lifts. My brother, (a DPS officer in Kingman) told me that there is a statewide memo on those things because I guess they are being used for home invasions and liqour store hold ups....can't say as I use it for those things but its still good when I want to frighten old people and children.:D

ChurroGirl
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
We should all get a bunch of them and do a skeleton sweater walk or something! Freak people out!

That sucks about Kingman, my old band teacher was from there!
People do the dumbest things!

Black Pearl
07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
DISCLAIMER----I have never actually scared any old people or children NOT RELATED TO ME with this hoodie. Yeah on the Million Skeletor March, Frankietwo, but here in Phoenix we would have to wait until late Dec/early Jan.

dkthepainter
07-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Too funny.;):cool::)

stan4d_steph
07-10-2008, 05:07 AM
We had a pretty good one after the Tower of Terror 13K last year. A group of us rode and held up our medals for the photo.

Black Pearl
07-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Oh, I forgot to add, the blonde lady in front of me tapped the girl in pink right before we got to the top and told her to look behind her. The girl was obviously in panic mode already as they had said they had never riden before. When she turned around, she let out a scream that got everyone looking my direction and I could hear people saying, "look at that." and giggling. The best part about the hoodie was I was laughing so hard but you couldn't tell because it was covered. I just hope I didn't upstage the girl in the front right sides, "pistol waving pose"....:D

ellisfamily
07-10-2008, 07:30 AM
I LOVE IT! That is so cool!

hayjennn
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Really cool picture. My son and husband have always tried to do something cool but yours is the best I have seen. Small world, I thought Kingman was such a small little town that nobody has ever heard of. I have a lot of family that live out there. I even heard it come up in a commercial the other day on TV.

Black Pearl
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Somewhere, I have a Splash Mountain photo from around '96 I think, that has my wife sitting behind me with five playing cards looking intently, and me sitting up front with five cards as if I have a bad hand....I have to dig that one up and scan it.

cstephens
07-10-2008, 10:12 PM
I almost never buy attraction pictures, but Tower is Terror is one where we have the most because of one funny reason or another. I think we've purchased 4 or 5 total so far (which includes one purchased from the Orlando attraction), and there's one we've planned on but haven't gotten around to doing yet.

Black Pearl
07-11-2008, 07:01 AM
It is a complete waste of money....unless you milk all the novelty you can out of it by wearing stupid props, then it is a family heirloom.:p

Mshell
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
LOL I love the TOT picture! Great Stuff!

Somewhere, I have a Splash Mountain photo from around '96 I think, that has my wife sitting behind me with five playing cards looking intently, and me sitting up front with five cards as if I have a bad hand....I have to dig that one up and scan it.

He He Like this? http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=702 It took us three tries to get that right!

Drince88
07-11-2008, 09:55 AM
He He Like this? http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=702 It took us three tries to get that right!

I have to ask - were all of you together, or did you give cards to other people in your boat so it looked cool?

Hibino
07-11-2008, 12:41 PM
:D Haha those pictures are hilarious! Anyone got any others?

dznyphreak
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Mshell...That picture is amazing! So creative. There's no way I could have kept a straight face, let alone held onto those cards. Haha

Black Pearl
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
ALMOST!!! I love yours though! It was only the two of us in ours. That is an absolute hoot!:fez:

candles71
07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
love the playing cards too funny

Matterhorn Yodeler
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Okay, off topic, but I went to a Halloween Festival once and a group came as Splash Mountain! They built a log which they all were in. Every once in a while, the person up front would crouch way low and everyone would be at a different height to form a steep angle. They'd all throw their hands up high in the air and scream! I think they even had "water waves" coming off the sides of the log! It was hilarious!:D

ChurroGirl
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
LOL I love the TOT picture! Great Stuff!

That is classic!! I love the straight faces you have on! I could have never done that one!

When my family goes in Dec we want to do a pic with all of us wearing Groucho Marks glasses!....
Ok now no one steal that idea please!!

Mshell
07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I have to ask - were all of you together, or did you give cards to other people in your boat so it looked cool?

We were all together.

I'm glad everyone likes the pic! It wasn't my idea though, I just went along for the ride and yes keeping a straight face was very hard! That's why we had to do it three times everyone kept doing something wrong. Worked out perfectly in the end though! My favorite part is the two in the back you can't see it very well here but their expresions are perfect!

MermaidHair
07-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Okay, off topic, but I went to a Halloween Festival once and a group came as Splash Mountain!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! My husband used to work for Lucasfilm and ILM has an awesome halloween party each year with really spectacular prizes for best costumes. It was always hard to compete with those ultra creative fx engineers but that Splash Mountain costume is so funny it could possibly do it.

Tink Lover
07-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures, they are great.

I'll have to figure out how to scan and download a picture I have from Dinosaur in WDW from our first trip there this past January. My DD, not quite 9 at the time, was worried that the ride would be scary, but the CM's (with straight faces) said not to worry, she'd be fine. Little did we know ...

Hoo boy was that ride scary, even for yours truly at age 40-something.

But I couldn't resist buying the ride pic, my DD's face is completely buried in my lap. Looking closer I noticed that the folks in front of us and behind us also had Adult+child rider combos, and both other kids had their faces buried in their adults lap too!

KarenW2
07-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Here's a link to the only on-ride photo we've ever purchased. We went to DCA and DL for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and I made a banner on the computer about it, for us to hold up at just the right moment.

You can see our photo here:

http://members.cox.net/dl.album/our_25th_anniversary_at_the_disneyland_resort/target7.html