PDA

View Full Version : Anything going for Disneyland's Birthday?

gobears97
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I am planning to come down for the birthday next week and I am wondering what if anything management will be doing to celebrate this year. How bad will the crowds be compared to a normal day? Do you think the park will sell out so if I try to go over at 10:00 to ride Toy Story Mania I will not be able to get back in?

K & S
07-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I try to go every July 17th and in the past two years there haven't been any special events marking Disneyland's Anniversary, with the exception of a small ceremony at the Main Street Train Station replaying Mr. Disney's 1955 dedication speech.

For the most part they seem to only have celebrations for the milestone anniversaries.

AVP
07-09-2008, 09:22 PM
If you'll be there on July 17th, don't forget to stop by Carnation Plaza Gardens at 10am to pick up your MousePlanet button and a copy of MouseAdventure: Birthday Edition.

You can also join us at the French Market at 6pm for dinner.

AVP

cstephens
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
I am planning to come down for the birthday next week and I am wondering what if anything management will be doing to celebrate this year. How bad will the crowds be compared to a normal day? Do you think the park will sell out so if I try to go over at 10:00 to ride Toy Story Mania I will not be able to get back in?

You should check out this thread, where there's been discussion about the birthday this year and what to expect. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=103797)

Tinkermommy
07-09-2008, 10:11 PM
If you'll be there on July 17th, don't forget to stop by Carnation Plaza Gardens at 10am to pick up your MousePlanet button and a copy of MouseAdventure: Birthday Edition. You can also join us at the French Market at 6pm for dinner. AVP

The Tinkerbaby and I will be there with our shiny new passes. (July 17 is our PAP renewal date each year.)

Looking forward to it!

HisKid
07-10-2008, 06:32 AM
In the morning, the meet is just about saying hi and picking up the MA thingie? Is that right? At FM, will there be any tables sort of reserved or no? Just trying to plan.

PanFan
07-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Sweet! I'm pretty sure I don't work until 11:00 that day. I won't be out until 7:30 (so no dinner at French Market for me), but I'll at least be able to stop by and say hi (and get a MA fix!). You'll all have to come take a ride on my Storybook boat (oh, the fun I would have with a boat full of MPers :~D).

AVP
07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
The plan right now is that I'll be at Carnation Plaza Gardens in the morning to greet people, pass out buttons and give anyone who wants one the MouseAdventure: Birthday Edition sheet. PLEASE do not be offended if I don't have time to chat for extended periods of time because I am going to be the ONLY MP staffer at the earlier meet - everyone else is either at work, on vacation or live too far away to make this one.

For the dinner meet, just show up outside the French Market at 6:00. We'll wait around for a few minutes to give the stragglers time to get there, and then we'll all go order. Depending on how busy it looks I'm going to try to grab the tables directly outside the restaurant entrance, so expect to be pressed into service for table duty if you get there a little early.

AVP

cstephens
07-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Another website is reporting that there will be a re-dedication ceremony at the Main Street Train Station beginning at 4:45pm.