PDA

View Full Version : Best restaurants in Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

ZippityDooGuy
10-16-2002, 09:22 PM
Im heading to Disneyland in December, where are some good places to eat for reasonable prices. Or just your favorite resteraunt-
MINE IS BENGAL BARBECUE

Techie7
10-16-2002, 09:35 PM
Hmm I think I will have to go with the Pizza Port. I have been happy with them. Although the bakery and the mint julep bar have some mighty fine treats right now!

Karlos the Jackal
10-16-2002, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I like Bengal Barbecue, too. I'm not a huge fan of their breadsticks but I [heart] their skewers.

Do the churro carts count?

--K

stinkerbell
10-16-2002, 10:32 PM
I like the gumbo in a bread bowl at New Orleans Square at the Royal St. Veranda. Yummy and an okay price. I crave it each day that I'm there, so I have't even tried the Pizza Port, although I have a feeling with my four year old, I'm going to have to give in and try it.

winniepooh
10-16-2002, 10:43 PM
Carnation cafe, is my alltime favorit. The prices are fair, the food is great, the waiters are nice, and because of the limited seating there is a cozy feeling to it..

BELLEH5
10-16-2002, 10:53 PM
The Coke Corner is my fav but it's not a "resturant". The Pizza Port is good and same with the Plaza Inn & Blue Bayou($$$$).

Laffite
10-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Well I vote for BB since nobody did.

kranders
10-17-2002, 06:18 AM
Blue Bayou is my favorite, too.

If you open this up to DCA and you're looking for a good burger, try the Test Pilot's Grill in Condor flats. They have fresh fixings (reminds me of Fudruckers setup) and you can get a beer too!:D

idesign
10-17-2002, 07:53 AM
BB? .. Bengal Barbecue? Blue Bayuo? Blue Bibbon ?

*sorry*:rolleyes:

RStar
10-17-2002, 08:47 AM
Blue Bibbon? Too funny:D !!

Ok, I don't think Disneyland and reasonable prices can be used in the same sentance;) , but here it goes. (BTW there is a whole thread on this subject if someone wants to point it out):

My fave is to go to Redd Rocketts Pizza Port in Tomarrowland (just about the only thing left to do there:crying: ) and for each two adults and teens, or four young kids, get one pasta and one salad and ask for extra plates. You can get an order of breadsticks for each group of four. I feed my family of four (two adults and two teens) very well for about $50. They have very good LARGE salads and pasta. Avoid the meatballs unless it is a young kid that like hotdogs. And as far as I can tell, Disney cannot make a decent pizza. Don't know why, but just MHO.

The same can be done at Plaza Inn. Get the Fried Chicken meal and a desert and split it between two people. There is no way a normal person can eat that much! And the fried chicken is just as good as Mrs. Knott's, IMHO, but not as salty. (Mrs. Knott's secret is to soak the chicken in salt water for 45 minutes before dreging it in plain flour and frying. Opps! I guess it's not a secret any longer!:eek: )

And DCA, Taste Piolots grill is Good.

I like "Strips and Dips" on the pier, but they changed suppliers of the food. The fried motzzerella is better, but the chicken is BAD. It's now this chopped and pressed stuff that tastes like MacDonnalds chicken nuggets (which is good if you like that stuff I guess). It use to be real chicken breast:crying: with two coatings, regular and spicy. But now they have also added fish, which I need to try before I can say anything. And the new "Hoopla Hot Sauce" is a good dipper.

Ghoulish Delight
10-17-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by RStar
Blue Bibbon? Too funny:D !!

Ok, I don't think Disneyland and reasonable prices can be used in the same sentance;) No kidding. Bengal BBQ? That place is a buck a bite! I can spend $10 there and barely get a light snack. My favorite meal in the park has to be a bread bowl of whatever. It used to be a great deal, but they've upped the price a bit, so now it's a good deal. But it's still delicious, hot, and filling. If we're talking DCA, I always put a word in for Corn Dog Castle. If you like corndogs, thesre are hard to beat, and good deal to boot.

justagrrl
10-17-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by RStar
(Mrs. Knott's secret is to soak the chicken in salt water for 45 minutes before dreging it in plain flour and frying. Opps! I guess it's not a secret any longer!:eek: )

This is known as brining and it works very well for many things. It's a combo of salt and sugar - and will do wonders for boneless skinless chicken breasts by keeping them moist and adding flavor.

I really like the sourdough bakery at DCA. They've got a salad in a bread bowl that has chicken and apple in it and some sort of nuts too. Yummy.

We try and avoid eating at the resort though (well - we live 5 minutes away so this helps) because of the prices - and the fact that I'm a cheapskate.

idesign
10-17-2002, 10:00 AM
Is there a difference between DL corn dog cart Monster Dogs and the DCA version?. I like corn dogs as a treat, but one of DL's lasts about half a year for me...

future_prius
10-17-2002, 10:21 AM
Well, since I started posting here, I might as well continue :)

In order by food:

1) Napa Rose (Not really "in" the park)
2) Club 33
3) Blue Bayou
4) Bengal Barbecue

In order by ambiance:

1) Club 33
2) Blue Bayou
3) Napa Rose
4) Bengal Barbecue

Rick

a-mad
10-17-2002, 11:22 AM
My favorites:

1) the Chicken Fusilli at Pizza Port

2) the Veggie Gumbo Bread Bowl in New Orleans Square....

My wife LOVES the burgers at Taste Pilot's Grill... I had to fly home early our last trip, and didn't get to try it.

This is my first post!

Glad to be aboard.

Andy

adriennek
10-17-2002, 12:05 PM
When I read the thread title, my first thought was Napa Rose, but I not put it in the "reasonably priced" category. For what it is, I think the food is appropriately priced, but it's not on the scale of Bengel BBQ.

Adrienne K

cstephens
10-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ZippityDooGuy
Im heading to Disneyland in December, where are some good places to eat for reasonable prices. Or just your favorite resteraunt-
MINE IS BENGAL BARBECUE

Do you mean at Disneyland Park or the resort itself?

My favorites in Disneyland Park are Carnation Cafe and Pizza Port.

My favorites in DCA are Soap Opera Bistro, which is unfortunately going away (but we're having a last meal there), Farmer's Market (which is rarely open) and Pacific Wharf Cafe.

My favorite in Downtown Disney is Catal Restaurant upstairs and the uva bar downstairs.

Ace
10-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Last time we went Rancho Del Zocalo was realllllyyy good.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
10-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Hands down the best meal and best value is 1/2 (yes you split it) bread bowl chicken waldorf salad at Boudini Bakery in DCA. Order two waters with lemon and with your AP discount you have the best vaule in the resort too (less than $4.00 a person).

It's a huge bread bowle (bigger than the ones for soup) - you can ask them to cut it in half (flimlsy plastic knives don't do the trick) and they will give you as much real butter as you want.

I have shared this with friends many times and we can never finish the whole thing (eating all that yummy just baked bread)

:-)

Conversely - I have to disgaree with Taste Pilots Grill as a great place to eat - they only offer their bugers one way - extra done (not a bit of pink anywhere yuck!) and they don't fill their beers up to the top - which is frustrating considering it costs $3.99 for a Bud Light! I asked them too once and they informed me unlike the Beer Wagon - they stop at the line in the cup leaving 1/2 an inch of cup. Strange

LifelongAngelsFan
10-17-2002, 06:25 PM
I like the restaurants in New Orleans Square. Blue Bayou is the best, but is expensive and hard to get seated. Lately, our family have really enjoyed The French Market. Excellent cuisine, affordable, and easy to get seated...it has live Jazz to boot!

cemeinke
10-17-2002, 07:17 PM
I like the Blue Bayou best for ambiance - so if you're looking for reasonable prices try the lunch there.

I like the Jambalya at French Market - but miss the red beans and rice they used to serve.

Lately the ribs as Zocalo have been outstanding, though they're on the pricier side of the menu.

Laffite
10-17-2002, 09:22 PM
opps, didn't see that "reasonable price" is also a concern. In that case I with draw my vote for BB.

idesign
10-18-2002, 08:59 AM
I had the Chicken BBQ Pizza at the ?Napoli? Restraunt in DTD. As I usually find DLR food a last resort, I was overwhelmed with the pizza!. It was excellent and not too expensive for Wood-fired. It had some exotic olives on it that were delicious, too. I couldn;t stand olives until I had this pizza. Now I have to have one again. I'm hungry now. It's 10:00 friday morning, lets see.. 24 hours?.. no mebbe i'll go tonight.. 10 hours and counting to my BBQ chicken pizza!!

Ghoulish Delight
10-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by idesign
I had the Chicken BBQ Pizza at the ?Napoli? Restraunt in DTD. As I usually find DLR food a last resort, I was overwhelmed with the pizza!. It was excellent and not too expensive for Wood-fired. It had some exotic olives on it that were delicious, too. I couldn;t stand olives until I had this pizza. Now I have to have one again. I'm hungry now. It's 10:00 friday morning, lets see.. 24 hours?.. no mebbe i'll go tonight.. 10 hours and counting to my BBQ chicken pizza!! Not sure going tonight is the best idea. Just to let you know what you're in for if you do go, read this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10901)

Pony Sugrue
10-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Actually, "STORYTELLERS" in The Grand Californian" is very good. The ribs in particular could match up to almost any I've had.

As far as the park, I eat at Bengal BBQ a lot because a chicken skewer is a healthy alternative to most of the park's faire... and it's only like 3 something bucks. Go grab some fresh fruit near TIKI and you've got a healthy little meal.

Those MONTE CHRISTO's at BLUE BAYOU are swell (if they still have 'em.. I haven't sat down in there since '97)

Rancho Del Zocalo is actually notoriously bad (ask Mr Lutz), but I think the Mexican food there is what's really awful... the American half of the menu is pretty good.

Lastly, I have to ask y'all: Didn't all the food at DL used to better? I could swear it all used to be so great... but now...

At least the popcorn is still excellent (albeit constantly more pricey)