PDA

View Full Version : AP Hotel Discounts

crmagles
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I hate to even ask this question, but I've tried searching and can't find anything on it myself. I swear I have seen something regarding some discounts for AP users on Mouseplanet, the Disney website shows some, but they aren't very good. Does anyone know of any coming up? Thanks for you help folks!

mycutekitties
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
My friend used an AP5 discount and got the DLH for $149.00 a night in December 2007. Right now that is not available but I call weekly hoping they open that rate for when we go in Oct and Dec with the kids. :)

jazzysmom
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah these seem to come in later and later all the time anymore. For myself, I am never willing to wait that long to get a reservation! I hope you end up with the rate you want. :D

mycutekitties
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Well I have HoJos booked but if I get that rate at DLH I will cancel. I like HoJos but we have never been to the DLH and I would love to do that once in my life!! lol

jMom
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
We booked a good AP rate at the DLH last year for an early December trip. I think the rates became available in August, but don't quote me.

Jewels
07-09-2008, 04:34 PM
We booked our November trip with an AP night rate on July 12 last year. So I am really hoping they will be coming out with them any day now.

Chadsgal
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I am waiting as well. I looked up last years post for AP rates and they seemed to have gone online July 11th which was the Wednesday after the
4th of July. So I am waiting & keeping my fingers crossed. We already have our rooms booked so I just have to call & updated to the promo rate if one comes out.

DizMe
07-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I heard that you couldn't use an existing reservation and switch it to an AP rate. Does anyone know? I have a reservation (DLH) and would love to use an AP rate if/when it comes out. I wonder if you can make a new reservation and then cancel the old one?

Jewels
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I heard that you couldn't use an existing reservation and switch it to an AP rate. Does anyone know? I have a reservation (DLH) and would love to use an AP rate if/when it comes out. I wonder if you can make a new reservation and then cancel the old one?

I did just that last year. I had a reservation and when the AP rates came out I called and updated it, no problem. They only do a certain number of rooms at the AP rate. So it is possible that if your room type is sold out or not included in the AP rates they may not be able to do it. Hopefully that will still work this year.

I am not sure how the canceling and re-booking would work with their new one night deposit charged to your card. I know I have updated my current reservation when I noticed the rates had gone down since I booked it. They just sent out a new confirmation letter with the lower rate. And kept the old amount charged. I would think upgrading to the AP rate would work the same way.

Chadsgal
07-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I verified that I could update to a promo rate if one became avalible when I booked my room. They said my rooms may not qualify but they could always change the reservation. I currently have a city view at DLH with the standard AP Discount.

LuvPluto
07-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Are AP5 or even AP6 rates available in August? Or, because this is considered peak season, do they keep the rates up? I do have a rezie at the Park Vue, Aug 21-24, but I just keep wishing for the DLH.
:fez:

GORGON
07-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Please update here when the change is . I will be scrambling to do the same next year when i go early December.:)

mycutekitties
07-10-2008, 08:41 AM
FYI-
I called again today and still no special rates. :(

sandiegorob
07-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Are AP5 or even AP6 rates available in August? Or, because this is considered peak season, do they keep the rates up? I do have a rezie at the Park Vue, Aug 21-24, but I just keep wishing for the DLH.
:fez:

The only time over the last 5 years I've seen a good AP rate over summer was 3 (I think) years ago when they offered GCH @ $219 standard view and $239(or$249) DTD/DCA view. This was mid-to-late July/early August and advertised in June.

Power
07-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I just reserved DLH (2Queen & 1 Sleeper Sofa) standard room for $225/night mid Sept. Hoping to lower that if a better rate comes out.

BQ2
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Waiting here too!:cool:

We booked our November trip with an AP night rate on July 12 last year. So I am really hoping they will be coming out with them any day now.