PDA

View Full Version : Halloween/Fall Decorations?

Cherene
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
When does Disneyland open with their Halloween decorations? I am thinking of taking the kids this year and need to start planning.

ellisfamily
07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
We arrived last year on Sept 19 and was there for a week. The last 2-3 days they started with the decorations. All the light fixtures were decorated and the big mickey pumpkin was up. It was really cool to see the park transform during our trip. However, Haunted mansion was closed to install the holiday overlay and that is one of of our favorite rides!

Leofoenget
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM
We arrived last year on Sept 19 and was there for a week. The last 2-3 days they started with the decorations. All the light fixtures were decorated and the big mickey pumpkin was up. It was really cool to see the park transform during our trip. However, Haunted mansion was closed to install the holiday overlay and that is one of of our favorite rides!

Last year everything officially opened the 3rd week of September with HMH opening on Friday the 19th. I was there so I remember. This stupid year they moved it down a week so I will miss it! :confused: I'm sure some of it will be open but not the HM. I am hoping the gigantic pumpkin will at least be up but who knows.

Cherene
07-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Thank you!

I need to start planning this trip ASAP! I am so excited to go :)

Darkbeer
07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
The Haunted Mansion is closed for the installation of the overlay through September 24th.

So Disney's HalloweenTime should start Friday, September 25th, 2008.

CaptainTom
07-11-2008, 09:12 AM
does anyone know how long the halloween decorations usually stay up for? we will be there nov.1 and looking forward to seeing something :)

AaronInCal
07-12-2008, 03:04 PM
The Haunted Mansion is closed for the installation of the overlay through September 24th.

So Disney's HalloweenTime should start Friday, September 25th, 2008.
Actually, September 25 is a Thursday. While it may be odd to start HalloweenTime on a Thursday, I wouldn't put it past them.

Darkbeer
07-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Actually, September 25 is a Thursday. While it may be odd to start HalloweenTime on a Thursday, I wouldn't put it past them.

OOPS, typo... I meant Friday, September 26th, 2008....

Sorry!

tinker3
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
does anyone know how long the halloween decorations usually stay up for? we will be there nov.1 and looking forward to seeing something :)

You will still see a lot on Nov. 1st. We are usually there at that time and each day we see Halloween come down and Christmas go up. It's fun to watch :)!

Nancy
09-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know how long the Halloween decorations will be around? We arrive at the DLR on Nov 1 and we're hoping to see some.

Malcon10t
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know how long the Halloween decorations will be around? We arrive at the DLR on Nov 1 and we're hoping to see some.
My GUESS and only a guess, it will start coming down on the 3rd.

AaronInCal
09-30-2008, 03:00 PM

HalloweenTime ends on Sunday, November 2.

wendyxo
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
So, will the Christmas decorations immediately follow? I will be there starting November 12th- just wondering what kind of decor to expect!

Malcon10t
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
So, will the Christmas decorations immediately follow? I will be there starting November 12th- just wondering what kind of decor to expect!Some decorations should be up, but the park won't be fully decked out til the 21st. I would imagine you will see new decor each day you are there.

disney jones
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
i was there two years ago and saw both Haloween deco and Christmas deco starting to appear in NOS on the same day at the end of October.

Question for those who've been so far in 2008:

From Year 1 of Halloweentime (2006) to Year 2 (2007), there was a significant amount of new additional decorations added, notably around Frontierland and some in DCA. However, from what I've seen and read so far on-line, nothing additional seems to be added this year that wasn't there last year. So, is anything "new" and "additional" this year from a Halloweeen theme compared to last year??

We are going anyways, but i hope they've continued to enhance the experience!