PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Time on Main Street USA

priyanka59
10-16-2002, 02:44 PM
I was looking through the travel section of our local newspaper and found a whole page ad for the disneyland resort. of course i cut it out to put it in my room. it had a picture of christmas mickey on it and i was just reading it. at the end i saw "there is even snow on main street." does anybody know what they mean by this? like are they going to produce fake snow or something and fill main street with it, or shoot snow out during the parade or make it snow at certain times? i was just wondering......and if any of you know just answer!

Techie7
10-16-2002, 02:56 PM
The snow they are refering to was for the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks show. They also used it last year for Minnie's Christmas Party I think. Here is an article written about the snow effect. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kkrock/dockrock-6.htm) Christmas time at the park is magical.

priyanka59
10-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Well thanks for the help! I just have one more question, i might have more later though, but anyways, umm, does it only snow on the opening day of Believe in Holiday Magic show? Because I thought that they would have snow all christmas season. I went December 28, 2002, and they didn't do that. The only special things were the lighting of It's A Small World, and the Christmas Tree on Main Street! I saw the lighting of the Christmas Tree, it was so beautiful. I wonder, what would it look like in snow?

disguy
10-16-2002, 03:10 PM
The snow is at different locations one would be the castle another would be by small world. I'm not sure where the others would be.

Techie7
10-16-2002, 03:14 PM
The snow effect runs every night that the Believe in Holiday Magic show runs (unless they have technical difficulties). It "snows" on Main Street, Small World Mall, and New Orleans Squre (Rivers of America)

RStar
10-16-2002, 03:31 PM
priyanka59,

I think I can answer your question. The snow is not continuous. It lasts about 3 or 4 minutes DURING the firework show only. After the fireworks end, but while music still plays (let it snow I belive) they shoot the soap bubble snow out from the tops of the buildings. The effect is very cool, looks just like a snow flurry on Main Street, USA. A cool emotional ending to the show...:cool: :D

Also, it doesn't build up on the ground like real snow.

refurbmike
10-16-2002, 04:02 PM
You went December 28, 2002??? Wow!!!

In that case, could you please tell me what the weather was like? I might be going that day and would like to know if I should bring a jacket. Thanx!!!

:D :D :D

priyanka59
10-16-2002, 05:57 PM
Sorry about that, I made a typo, I went December 28, 2001! Well the weather was okay last year, but I have no clue this year. Make sure to bring a sweatshirt for the night, it get's pretty cold and I'm sure many of you don't wanna waste your souvenir money on a sweatshirt - well I would - but then again I wouldn't. It depends. Well anyways, thanks for your help. I'll make sure to look for the snow on my December Trip this year!

priyanka59
10-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Techie7: The snow effect runs every night that the Believe in Holiday Magic show runs (unless they have technical difficulties). It "snows" on Main Street, Small World Mall, and New Orleans Squre (Rivers of America)

So it doesn't snow in Fantasyland? I was sitting around the Carousel, right in front of the Dumbo ride. Maybe this is why i didn't see it, but I have seen this show numerous times during christams, and ive seen it on the way down main street. i mostly watch it in fantasyland, so that solves my problem. Thanks!

Morrigoon
10-17-2002, 12:24 AM
priyanka:

Stand on Main Street between Coke Corner and the Photo shop for the fireworks (or up to, say, 30 feet in front of that spot). You'll get snow.

Make a point to look at the faces of people around you - total magic! I watched a video last night of last year's fireworks, and it STILL makes me cry. :)

RStar
10-17-2002, 11:02 AM
It does make me well up with tears a bit. I see alot of locals that don't get real snow just ball because of the fact that they get to see what it would look like if it snowed on Main Street!