PDA

View Full Version : Winnie the Pooh - a quality ride or not?

priyanka59
10-16-2002, 02:33 PM
Okay, out of all that I have read about the Pooh ride, I wanna know what you guys think! I have heard lots of you saying that it is just another cheap ride. I think since Disneyland has been here since 1955, they wouldn't dare mess with the quality of the rides because Disneyland has that repuatation for being the first and the greatest of all the parks. I personally think that the Pooh ride is quality, especially with the bouncing seats, i can't wait to try those! well what do u guys think?

SzczerbiakManiac
10-16-2002, 02:45 PM
First of all, two words: Rocket Rods

But regarding the Pooh ride, my response is "I'll tell you after I've ridden it." The bounce thing sounds neat, but there's just too little info for me to make an even remotely educated opinion about it.

Techie7
10-16-2002, 02:53 PM
From what I read I am actually getting interested in the attraction. I am hoping that it will be well done. They have had time to see what happens when they do a rather "cheap" dark ride attraction. While budgets could get cut or designs scrapped leaving us with another TL98 I am hoping for a great new attraction. At least the themeing outside is looking nice.

priyanka59
10-16-2002, 03:04 PM
From what I have read from www.laughingplace.com, it seems like a very intresting ride. They have sort of like a photo essay and everything looks absolutely great. The only thing they dont have is the actual ride itself. It seems like everything is outside, even the boarding area, except for the ride itself which is in the actual showroom, so kind of like the Alice in Wonderland ride. This is what I'm expecting atleast.

Techie7
10-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by priyanka59
From what I have read from www.laughingplace.com, it seems like a very intresting ride. They have sort of like a photo essay and everything looks absolutely great. The only thing they dont have is the actual ride itself. It seems like everything is outside, even the boarding area, except for the ride itself which is in the actual showroom, so kind of like the Alice in Wonderland ride. This is what I'm expecting atleast.

Yes the queue as well as load/unload are located outside. The attraction will be in the old show building of the Country Bear Playhouse. There are some interesting room by room descriptions on this website. (http://www.mouseinfo.com) Additional pictures can be found on the most recent photo update at this site. (http://www.disneygeek.com)

Gemini Cricket
10-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by priyanka59
Okay, out of all that I have read about the Pooh ride, I wanna know what you guys think! I have heard lots of you saying that it is just another cheap ride. I think since Disneyland has been here since 1955, they wouldn't dare mess with the quality of the rides because Disneyland has that repuatation for being the first and the greatest of all the parks. I personally think that the Pooh ride is quality, especially with the bouncing seats, i can't wait to try those! well what do u guys think?
I think we can judge the quality of the ride once we actually ride it.

My prediction for the ride ~ I think it's going to be extremely popular because of the popular Pooh characters, all the hype and the fact that the back seat of the ride vehicle (http://www.laughingplace.com/ShowPic.asp?Filename=/files/DLPooh1/big/0300-0176.JPG&Caption=Imagineer+Kevin+Rafferty&ID=506470) is a prime make-out seat. ;)

Lashbear
10-16-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
and the fact that the back seat of the ride vehicle is a prime make-out seat. ;)

It looks that way - but don't forget about all those hidden cameras in the attraction ! hehe (Maybe they can film the antics and release it as "The WILD adventures of Winnie-The-Pooh") ;)

Cheers, Pooh-sters !
Rob :D

Kevin Yee
10-16-2002, 05:49 PM
Only two words need to be said:

BRUCE GORDON.

This ride will deliver.

Alex S.
10-16-2002, 06:40 PM
I haven't seen any reason to expect that it would be particularly better or worse than Disney World's. So, if you like that one, then I would imagine you'd like this one.

And vice versa. Despite two trips to Disney World since it opened, I never even noticed their Pooh ride, so I'll probably continue that trend here (I'm not the biggest fan of ANY of the tracked dark rides; they just don't appeal to me).

cemeinke
10-16-2002, 07:08 PM
I keep going back and forth on this one. I was excited when it was announced especially with Mouse Info's spin that the ride vehicles would have 'Indy-like" movements (though toned down for the little ones). But as I read AVP's imagineer quote that they have the same movement as the WDW attraction, I started telling myself not to set my expectations too high.

I am still excited to hear that the Sherman Brothers are doing the soundtrack.

I'm happy something is going in back in Critter Country. The Bears were okay, but I got bored with them over the years even with the makeovers.

Tigertail777
10-16-2002, 07:55 PM
well I was a lover of CBJ, so was angry to see it go, but what I have seen of the theming outside so far for pooh, actually has me pleasantly surprised...I think this may actually turn out nice--which surprises the heck outta me. And I LOVE the ride vehicle! I HAVE to have a diecast little ride vehicle of pooh..that is so cute. I will wait and see, but my hopes are up now!

Hyperboy
10-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Is it just me, or do the Pooh ride vehicles look like big yellow dog turds? With heffalump "flies" on the back? Eeeewwww. :eek:

JasonWorrel
10-17-2002, 12:36 AM
Ok, now that was funny.

MonorailMan
10-17-2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by JasonWorrel
Ok, now that was funny.

It was?

merlinjones
10-17-2002, 08:45 AM
I don't get the "plausible impossible logic" of the Pooh vehicle - - a traveling honeycomb car?

Crawling Caterpillar, flying Pirate Ship, mine cart and motorcar all make logical sense... they are themed-but-mobile objects - - but when does a giant honeycomb travel around (in the film or otherwise)?

The proposed floating honey pots made sense, but I'm not sure about this.

As for the ride, the WDW version seemed very cheap to me (particularly in contrast to the cool Cat in the Hat at IOA that opened around the same time), and not very refelective of the original film's soft illustration/watercolor styling. There were alot of garish painted flats, without very clever layout. I hope that the interiors are lusher at the Disneyland version (perhaps they have more molds/elements now to borrow from the TDL Pooh).

Hyperboy
10-17-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
It was?

I'm sorry, but in all honesty, that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the front and back of the ride vehicles. You know, the plastic/rubber ones that you buy as a gag gift.

I'm not really looking forward to the Pooh ride since I've never been into the characters. I'll reserve judgment till I go on the ride though... from what I've been hearing the one in Florida has some amazing show effects (even if it's not as good as the Tokyo version). Something about it being really neat when he falls asleep and floats around.

CoasterMatt
10-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
Is it just me, or do the Pooh ride vehicles look like big yellow dog turds? With heffalump "flies" on the back? Eeeewwww. :eek:

WOW! I wonder where I heard that before? ;)

I don't like the look of the new vehicles, but I really enjoyed the Florida Pooh ride, so I am looking forward to this one. Folks, it could be a LOT worse. Just think, they could have changed the show into an AA version of the Country Bears movie!