PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Electrical Parade TODAY !! FACT, NOT RUMOR .

zapppop
07-01-2001, 11:05 PM
Today JULY 2, 2001, there will be a performance of the MSEP in DCA 1 day ahead of schedule for the press.

This will be a mix in crowd, which means there will be people from the media mixed in with the general public.

If you to DCA today, YOU WILL SEE THE MSEP !

I'll be there taking photos for SaveTheMouse.

Hope to see you there ( as does Pressler :D )

CaliforniaCrazy
07-01-2001, 11:52 PM
Cool! I'll be there, only to see how many press people will be out there. And maybe I'll ride Mulholland Madness once or twice...:)

PhilMP
07-02-2001, 12:25 AM
Well, they were doing rehearsals tonight after all the DCA Guests were gone. Heard all the notifications over the Resort radio net.

Mr D
07-02-2001, 04:06 AM
Its a do or die day for DCA depending on the acceptance of MSEP by the guests, I shall remain positive and hope the reviews are good, after all how much more of a blood transfusion does DCA need from DL to survive?:rolleyes:

cstephens
07-02-2001, 06:18 AM
It's not just a press event. A few radio stations also gave away tickets to their listeners to attend DCA today and stay for the parade.

Alex S.
07-02-2001, 06:38 AM
Happily, Disney is accepting that MousePlanet is press. We'll have a few people there and for those that can't make it, you should be able to read about it here Tuesday or Wednesday.

zapppop
07-02-2001, 07:13 AM
Maybe I can send you some scans of the pics I'm gonna take.

I look forward to meeting the MousePlanet staff again.

I haven't seen them for months !

dgthx
07-02-2001, 10:34 AM
So does anyone FOR SURE that the public will be able to stay for this? I don't want to drive all the way down there just to get kicked out when the MSEP....err sorry.....DEP starts.

SimpTwister
07-02-2001, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
Happily, Disney is accepting that MousePlanet is press. We'll have a few people there and for those that can't make it, you should be able to read about it here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ya gotta admit, that's *very* cool of Disney.

zapppop
07-02-2001, 12:07 PM
dgthx:

YES !

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IT TODAY !

Napsto
07-02-2001, 02:25 PM
what does al look like?

zapppop
07-02-2001, 02:53 PM
He's about 6 ft tall, brown hair, sorta balding, little chubby, sorta high but calm voice.

Napsto
07-02-2001, 02:55 PM
cool, cool

Ralph Wiggum
07-02-2001, 03:06 PM
CLICK HERE - Al is the guy pointing!!! (http://www.mouseplanet.com/magicyears/ma00team26.jpg)

dgthx
07-02-2001, 06:11 PM
I hope whoever goes tonight enjoys it. I couldn't make it out there tonight, but I'm going tomorrow.

dgthx
07-02-2001, 06:14 PM
Please post your experiences when you get back and any recommendations on best viewing positions (is it the same route as the other parade?)

Morrigoon
07-02-2001, 10:36 PM
Al basically looks like that one guy in the Soarin' preshow (not that's not actually him)

Ralph Wiggum
07-02-2001, 11:20 PM
Its was great to see the parade again. They had the press and and a stage set up along the parade route near Tough to be a Bug. I watched from the winery though i could not see the stage. Cynthia Harriss spoke and got a thunderous applause, then Pressler with a boo from many people in the crowd(i never realized how tall he is) After that there was a song and a few fireworks were shot up behind them. Then the parade started.
They invited Big Brothers of LA and Big Sisters of LA to come to the park free and then they had great spots near the stage to see the presentation and parade. They announced that the two groups were joining together to become one. It was rather a nice touch to the already great day. The park was PACKED but disneyland was worse. They did a good job.

Welcome home DEP(aka MSEP):D :D :D