PDA

View Full Version : Sending thank you cards to Disneyland

ginap73
07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
I want to know where i can send a thank you card to disneyland... would the cast member get it?

All I know about the cast member is... The name on her badge was Kristen or something like that, and she was working The Disneyland Railroad at around 2-3pm when I rode the Lilly Belle on Sunday June 8th.

I had such a great time for my birthday that day and Riding the Lilly Belle was the icing on the cake. I wanted to thank them for the best time, but not sure where to send it.

yohomama212
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Go to the DL website and send a comment through their "contact us" form. It's my understanding that they are sorted to the correct leads and passed on and recorded and all that. She'll get some kind of message that you left a compliment. Someone should be along shortly to give you the link.

Elizabeth

potzbie
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
The thread's title made me think of the other end of the spectrum.

Q. Has anyone ever sent a postcard from Disneyland?

There are mail collection boxes on Main Street. But I never carry postage on me. (Silly me.) And I don't know where one would buy a stamp on Main Street. But I think it is intriguing to contemplate the notion of (1.) buying a postcard at Disneyland; (2.) mailing the postcard right then and there.

jonesin4Dland
07-05-2008, 04:39 PM
My understanding is that the mail is picked up and taken to the Anaheim PO, so all you'll get is an Anaheim postmark. Also that you'll probably beat the card home!

cstephens
07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
And I don't know where one would buy a stamp on Main Street.

They used to have a stamp machine at the exit of Mr. Lincoln, by the Mad Hatter, but I'm not sure if it's still there since The Art of Disneyland moved in. There's also usually a stamp machine right inside the door at Greetings from California at DCA.

hawaiimom
07-06-2008, 06:38 PM
They have stamp machines in the locker room at DL. DD sent a postcard to her friend. I do believe it had the Anaheim postmark on it but she didn't care because she got to send a postcard from Disneyland and felt very special.

EeyoreGirl
07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
There used to be a stamp machine in the photo shop at the end of Main Street. We sent a postcard home to our ds last year. Even though we mailed it 4 days before we got home, we beat the postcard by 2 or 3 days. The go to the Anaheim post office before being sent out.

mistofviolets
07-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Q. Has anyone ever sent a postcard from Disneyland?

Yes. My kids got quite a kick out of it. I'd read that there might be a special postmark, btu alas...just the generic city postmark.

dawnid
07-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I want to know where i can send a thank you card to disneyland... would the cast member get it?

All I know about the cast member is... The name on her badge was Kristen or something like that, and she was working The Disneyland Railroad at around 2-3pm when I rode the Lilly Belle on Sunday June 8th.

I had such a great time for my birthday that day and Riding the Lilly Belle was the icing on the cake. I wanted to thank them for the best time, but not sure where to send it.

You can also mail a card to Disneyland Resort Guest Communications PO Box 3232, Anaheim, CA 92802. Both are supposed to make their way to the CM's department and it does help with their reviews.

Burnt Toast
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM

I know Kristen... she's awesome!

jMom
07-07-2008, 06:43 PM
We've sent mail to "Disneyland @ 1313 Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA" and received a response from someone at Disneyland.

When it was my daughter sending her drawings to Disney Princesses, we'd sometimes get autographed princess pics back in the mail. So. Cool. :cool:

I have had a couple of awesome experiences on the Disneyland RR -- I am so glad to hear about more of them!

PanFan
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
We recently got the cutest letter from a little boy addressed to Casey Jr. It said things like "Did you know you can chug and puff your way all the way over the hill?" and "Make sure you say 'I think I can' or else the children will be disappointed." It was almost a full page long. Copies were made and it ended up posted in the Classics office (where CM's who operate Casey Jr. work).

oohykitten
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
There's also usually a stamp machine right inside the door at Greetings from California at DCA.
That machine has ripped me off every time too! I used stamps from Disneyland to send out the birth announcements for my son. SInce he was named after a Disney Imagineer, I thought it was fitting! Plus I used the Space Mt font :)

Burnt Toast
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
At Thunder we had a card by a little kid that said something like, "HI Big Thunder... I luv yor ride and I think turtles needs a sip of water!".

It was cute and all in crayon. :D