PDA

View Full Version : Guests: Do yourselves (and us!) a favor!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Saki
07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
KEEP TOGETHER with your groups:
1)You will have less likelyhood of losing your kids
2)You won't end up being seperate from your group as they go on rides
TO THOSE WHO CAN READ:
Take a second to read any signs at the entrance of an attraction. This way you won't get as mad at us when we enforce the rules of the location.

PanFan
07-05-2008, 11:35 AM
TO THOSE WHO CAN READ:
Take a second to read any signs at the entrance of an attraction.

We got a guest complaint that literally said "No one told us that Snow White's Scary Adventures was going to be scary." God's honest truth.

disneyperson
07-05-2008, 11:44 AM
We got a guest complaint that literally said "No one told us that Snow White's Scary Adventures was going to be scary." God's honest truth.

One of the best things I ever overheard in Dl was a converstaion between a father and his two young daughters in the queue for Snow White. The younger girl, around four or so, didn't want to go on it. The father kept telling her it was Ok and that it wasn't scary. The older girl, around seven or so, finally piped up with "it's called Snow White's Scary Adventures, Dad."

doublewide77
07-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Actually feeling a bit sorry for the folks who man the TSMM line where it crosses the midway walkway (when longer then about 30 minutes). As it appears to be the start of line if you are not paying attention. So the CM's there spend nearly all their time with a riased arm pointing to the actual end of line.

gtpinoy
07-05-2008, 12:45 PM
You've got to love people who are you oblivious to things that are right in front of them!

HisKid
07-05-2008, 12:59 PM

ROFL! hehehe

ginap73
07-05-2008, 02:06 PM
There was a teen girl doing her hair on Thunder mountain right in front of me, her pony tail kept hitting me.

when the train came to a slower part i quickly slid over, but she kept doing her hair the whole time.

I wish they had a sign that said, no doing hair while train is in motion.

ChurroGirl
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM
There was a teen girl doing her hair on Thunder mountain right in front of me, her pony tail kept hitting me.

when the train came to a slower part i quickly slid over, but she kept doing her hair the whole time.

I wish they had a sign that said, no doing hair while train is in motion.

Not saying it was me cause thats just a dumb thing to do. While your on the ride you should enjoy the ride!!

But I have extremely long hair, lets say while its in a ponytail its really like I have a pony's tail on my head. But when I have it back I always feel bad for the people behind me that will potentially get hit in the face with my hair I will either braid it while in line for the ride, before I leave my hotel preferrably! Or tuck it into the back of my tshirt so it doesnt whip anyone!

I love my fellow DLR people, they shouldnt be punished for me growing out my hair!

PS the only reason its so long is so that I can chop it of for Locks for Love next year:D

ginap73
07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I just got about 14 inches taken off thursday, i had really long hair, but never would do it while on a ride.

I did once forget i had mickey ears on, while on space mountain, but thankfully i felt them and held on to them before it got fast.

ChurroGirl
07-05-2008, 06:09 PM
HOLY COW~!! Thats alot of hair!

I hope when my growing is down it will be about 20 inches but you never know. They only thing that sucks with it is that I live in Phoenix and right now I just want to shave my head its so hot!!

Saki
07-05-2008, 08:40 PM
To Disney person: I like that cat! My parent's cat is also that grumpy!
It's funny how two little girls would read the sign at Snow White while the dad didn't. People get mad at us for telling them what they would have seen on a sign.

ChurroGirl
07-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Personally I think people read the signs but ignore them anyways thinking if they play dumb they will still get their way!

On Splash I believe they have signs and even tell parents "No Lap Sitting" with small children, they all have to sit on their own. But parents take their littleones anyways and ask if the child can sit on their laps and I have seen them get angry with the CM cause they have to wait for spouse or olderchild to finish so they can ride! How rude!

HisKid
07-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Personally I think people read the signs but ignore them anyways thinking if they play dumb they will still get their way!

This is absolutely the truth. Know why? Because sometimes it WORKS! They whine and moan and get their way often enough that for many people it either becomes their norm, or it is almost a game. It is classic intermittent reinforcement of behavior. I'm not saying this just about Disney or CM's, it's everywhere. I watch people all of the time break rules at will or throw temper tantrums on a whim to get their way, and so often, they DO. AND? Little Johnny Monster is standing right next to them soaking it all in.

Katlovett
07-06-2008, 08:27 AM
KEEP TOGETHER with your groups:
1)You will have less likelyhood of losing your kids
2)You won't end up being seperate from your group as they go on rides

At the risk of reprising a whole 'nother thread from last year, I assume it is still OK for parents to take small children out of line to go to the bathroom and return to their group. The alternative seems to be the freakish parents who encourage their small children to pee into the planters, or into potty chairs that they carry around with them, or against the wall in the corner of the queue, or worse.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

sunnydalegirl
07-06-2008, 08:36 AM
At the risk of reprising a whole 'nother thread from last year, I assume it is still OK for parents to take small children out of line to go to the bathroom and return to their group. The alternative seems to be the freakish parents who encourage their small children to pee into the planters, or into potty chairs that they carry around with them, or against the wall in the corner of the queue, or worse.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

We were there in June with a group of 13 family members. Several of us were in halfway through a 30 minute wait for BTMM, when my 5-year old had to go the bathroom right away. I told her we would just have to get out line and go, and we'd have to ride it another time. She was sad because she had wanted to sit with her grandma. We walked out through the FP entrance, and the CM there asked if we needed anything. I told her we just had a bathroom emergency, and she told us to come back when we were done and go find our party (through the FP entrance)! I was shocked, I never would have expected to be able to get back in line and never would have asked to do it. We got back and she told us to go right ahead, and my daughter was so happy to get to ride with the family! I went to City Hall later and filled out a compliment for the CM.

Tinkermommy
07-06-2008, 08:58 AM
They whine and moan and get their way often enough that for many people it either becomes their norm, or it is almost a game. ... it's everywhere.

You're not kidding! At the risk of totally derailing this thread, a case in point: at the grocery store Saturday, I found myself standing behind a group with a full basket -- in the Express Lane. I even asked them, "Are you in the Express Lane?" and one of them said, most emphatically, "Yes." When they got to the front of the line, they proceeded to try to figure out how to divide all of their items up so they could pay for each batch separately. It was obvious to everyone what they were doing but it was taking forever, so the checker finally just started ringing everything up while the rest of us stood there waiting.

Then the woman who was paying tried to use a coupon that required the purchase of several items. The register wouldn't accept the coupon, because she had purchased only one of the items. The checker pointed out what the coupon said, the woman argued with her. This went on until the checker LEFT to go get a manager -- who ultimately gave the woman what she wanted.

She won; the rest of us who followed the rules suffered for it. (On the bright side, there weren't any children in that line to learn the "Johnny Monster" behavior...:p)

HisKid
07-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Mind you, I have NOTHING whatsoever against seeking some sort of reasonable accommodation or compensation when you have been wronged by a company. In a recent situation, my dh was double-charged by Lowe's. It took MANY phone calls to try to get this sorted out, and we ended up having to get our bank involved AND I had to physically drive back out to this location to get it sorted out. In a polite but very assertive way, I pointed out that they had inconvenienced us and cost us time and money (in lost productivity and gas, etc.) and that as a goodwill effort, I felt that they should offer me a coupon or small gift card. I was thinking of something in the neighborhood of $10-$15, but the manager offered me a $25 GC. I wasn't raving or throwing a tantrum or stomping my feet. Sometimes the situation calls for it, and, feeling that I have been "made whole", I will continue to spend money there on a regular basis.

As someone (I think AVP?) said in the 4th of july thread, people seemed like they were PLANNING to demand the full refunds all along. So wrong, but as a business, you have to make judgement calls, and bad buzz from the loudmouths can really hurt your reputation. People know they have you over a barrel.

ellisfamily
07-06-2008, 10:10 AM
That Is So Funny!

Saki
07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I know there are emergencies like a kid having to go to the bathroom. You can ask a kid if they need to go before going into a line and they will tell you they are fine only to tell you they need to go 15 minutes later.
And, good point to whoever it was that brought up the fact that people will see a sign, ignore it and then raise a stink to the Cast Member.
To those guests who sit there and raise a stink just to get something: I say send them to City Hall so they at least have to walk for it!!!!

adriennek
07-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Now, I'm not advocating bad behavior towards CMs, I hold a special place in my heart for several CMs over the years, both those I've only known as CMs and those I've known outside of the park.

That said: At some point, this is all part of the job.

Today at church, I had a job. My job involved working with a group of children grades 1-5. One grandmother sent a preschooler. I had to send him back. She (and he) were very upset because they "didn't know" and didn't feel that they'd been given adequate information. They spoke to me after church asking clarification and I gave it to them. I also let her know where this information was publicized.

Now. I could get really annoyed that she got annoyed with me. I'm definitely frustrated because this "rule" is regularly broken and I have to enforce it. I'd really rather not enforce it. But it's part of my job. So I do it.

Adrienne

tchatters
07-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Maybe I'm just weird but I would NEVER take my son (he's 5) out of line to use the bathroom and expect to get our spot back. If you get out of line, you lose your spot in line and that is that. We have a very strict rule anywhere where there are lines "If you see a potty, use it!" And we always do. The only exception I think I'd make is if a family had a few kids and needed to change a stinky diaper. At that point, it's an inconvenience for other people in line if nobody does anything. Then if one adult stayed with the older kids and one took the baby to change, I'd be fine with that.

I'm not tolerant. I say very mean things in line when people try to cut or try the "Oh I lost my mom up there" thing. It's very common for my husband and I (and now our 5 year old too!) to say "Wow, I guess his mom didn't love him enough to teach him any MANNERS!" I have once (when my son wasn't there) said loudly to DH "I guess he's too STUPID to realize there is a line here... I feel so sorry for him. "

Malcon10t
07-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe its because I raised 4, but I don't have a problem with someone taking a child to the bathroom and rejoining their group. I know kids (mainly under 5, but sometimes older too) don't get the signal as clearly as others. One minute they don't need to go, the next they are in a panic. We do the "If one goes, EVERYONE goes and TRIES" when we take my nieces and nephews, and we have never needed to leave and return, but I have no problem if others do.

Now, its another story when 2 people in line are holding spots for 15 more who join at the last minute, but if a family has something happening and they are in line, and one or two join at a point that is convenient and they don't have to push up thru the line, I don't have a problem. I'm at Disneyland. I may even offer to hold a spot for them. Its about enjoying the day.

disneyperson
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
To Disney person: I like that cat! My parent's cat is also that grumpy!
It's funny how two little girls would read the sign at Snow White while the dad didn't. People get mad at us for telling them what they would have seen on a sign.
Thanks. The cat's name is Zim .She's not really grumpy even though she only has three legs. She has that look on her face because she'd just taken a bite of raw pumpkin and you can tell what she thought of it.:D

And so as not to derail any further : Last year we were just getting into the rows to board Star Tours when two sweet elderly ladies got in line behind us. I will describe them as "church ladies" because they were wearing nice dresses and matching hats. When the monitor came on and the safety spiel started , one of them asked me, "Is this a ride? We thought it was some kind of tour." :D
I told her it was a ride and what kind of ride it was. They decided to go on it anyway and when it was over ,they told me they liked it but next time they'd pay more attention to the signs. ;):D

adriennek
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Maybe its because I raised 4, but I don't have a problem with someone taking a child to the bathroom and rejoining their group. I know kids (mainly under 5, but sometimes older too) don't get the signal as clearly as others. One minute they don't need to go, the next they are in a panic. We do the "If one goes, EVERYONE goes and TRIES" when we take my nieces and nephews, and we have never needed to leave and return, but I have no problem if others do.

I'm with you. For me, too, it's always about attitude, too. Last week, we had to catch up to my family in line. My son said "Excuse me" several times. I bumped someone with my backpack and I stopped and said "Oh, I am SO sorry!" We tried to be polite and gracious about it.

Adrienne

VickiC
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe I'm just weird but I would NEVER take my son (he's 5) out of line to use the bathroom and expect to get our spot back. If you get out of line, you lose your spot in line and that is that."

That would severely limit the number of rides one of my kids ever got to go on. We're talking about a kid who had regular accidents at school up thru second grade, despite always going at recess and lunch. When waiting in line for Nemo once I think she went to the bathroom two or three times and rejoined our group each time. (She's 9 now and old enough to go alone, so it is easier) It's not a matter of just telling her to go before we get in line, she does that and still has to go 20-30 minutes later.