PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Downtown Disney?

future_prius
10-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Sunday night. early evening. across from the "56 store" entrance to the Grand Californian.

Two "snowflakes" like those in DL during winter came floating down.

Is this a scoop? :)

Rick

Morrigoon
10-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Did you happen to see any machines?

future_prius
10-15-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Did you happen to see any machines?

Arghh. No, I should have looked, but I'm afraid my brain was toast by that time. :)

Cheers,

Rick

HBTiggerFan
10-15-2002, 06:45 PM
what machines?!? the snow at disneyland is real!! it snows real snow at disneyland! every year. thats so neat how it waits till just the right time :)
;)

Nancy
10-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Being from snow country, our kids are not real impressed with the "Disney snow". They mentioned this to a cast member last year and she told them to be sure NOT to catch it on their tongues as the snow is soap flakes.:p

MonorailMan
10-15-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Nancy
Being from snow country, our kids are not real impressed with the "Disney snow". They mentioned this to a cast member last year and she told them to be sure NOT to catch it on their tongues as the snow is soap flakes.:p

Ahh, Suds. I'll have remeber that. Wash your hands with snow! :p

Twinsmom
10-15-2002, 08:19 PM
For those of us who are not familiar with the snow fall at DL, when and where can you see the soap, I mean snow;) , fall??

Thanks!

Ghoulish Delight
10-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Twinsmom
For those of us who are not familiar with the snow fall at DL, when and where can you see the soap, I mean snow;) , fall??

Thanks! Main Street. Or Fantasyland.

My personal favorite place is actually on the train platform. You don't get snowed on, but the view is spectacular. Because you're not in the middle of it, you never notice the soapiness. You just see Main Street get a light snow flurry, and it's marvelous.

PhilMP
10-15-2002, 09:33 PM
NOS also has snow also, at least where the giant light standards used for Fantasmic go up.

So basically just stand along the banks of the Rivers of America and you'll get doused in laundry soap.

Phil

HBTiggerFan
10-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Its real snow!!!!!!! It is I tell ya it is!!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: Its real snow, and its scheduled by Fritz to drop at just the right time!

all i ever wanted for christmas was snow

adriennek
10-15-2002, 10:02 PM
This really great guy (cute and smart and sweet and bunches of other stuff,) wrote an article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/kkrock/dockrock-6.htm) with lots of information about the DLR "Snow."

Adrienne K

Twinsmom
10-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Adrienne K,

Thanks for the great link to the article. Way more information than I imagined was available! Wow, now I know what the snow containers even look like!

RStar
10-16-2002, 07:37 AM
When I read that article last year it made me want to buy one of the machines so I could make it snow outside my living room window all day on Christmas!:D

Snow in So. Cal.!!

It's begining to look alot like Christmas.......

fake, plastic, and full of suds..... but that's the So.Cal. way!:D

disneyscott
10-16-2002, 07:52 AM
I was there on sunday and I know what really up. Someone put soap in the fountian by House of Blues and it was a real good job. They had to turn off the water because the soap bubbles were all over the place. The kids were playing in it like it was snow. Everyone was having a fun time playing in the soap.

xsb00st
10-16-2002, 08:20 AM
Snow in DCA would be great. How about covering the grizzly bear with snow. You know, to make it look like Big Bear...hahaha...get it? Big Bear! hahaha...okay never mind!:D

Techie7
10-16-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by xsb00st
Snow in DCA would be great. How about covering the grizzly bear with snow. You know, to make it look like Big Bear...hahaha...get it? Big Bear! hahaha...okay never mind!:D

GRR that joke was unBearable! ;)
See its like a play on words! (YEA another person with puns! Welcome...)

MonorailMan
10-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Welcome to MousePad xsb00st!

Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=40) for MousePad rules and policies! :)

Also, if you choose to, please post something about yourself in our Introduction Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4218).

Again, Welcome to MousePad! :)