PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary Buttons

Pages : [1] 2

getaholdof chandler
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
My wife and I were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary at Disneyland last Friday, June 27th and noticed others with Happy Anniversary Buttons. We have gotten Happy Birthday and 1st Time Visit buttons before but never noticed the anniversary buttons. Perhaps it was the timing (many people get married in June) or just our own awareness.

Anyways, sure enough, we went over to City Hall and got a pair. It was nice to have the CM's and others congratulate us on our anniversary. We also enjoyed a nice dinner at Blue Bayou. :)

EeyoreGirl
07-04-2008, 09:45 PM
How cool! I wish I would have known about them when dh and I celebrated our anniversary there last year.

oohykitten
07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
LOVE your screen name

charpaul
07-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I have heard from a couple of CM's that the "New" Birthday Buttons, Honorary Citizen, First Visit, Anniversary, Family Reunion, etc... are all a part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. I know that they first appeared around the time of the First Year of this promotion...

I do not know if these will continue when the promotion is finally over - even though they seem to be very popular.

CindyR
07-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know if they ration them out per day or something, because last time I went, I saw a few kids that had stickers for their birthdays instead of the pins. I hadn't seen a sticker in a while and was wondering if they had completely gone back to stickers or had just run out of pins being it's so much busier being summer.

I hope they stick to pins because they're much easier to save than stickers.

kewlyloch
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I recently went for my birthday and was looking forward to getting a birthday button, as I had never gotten one before. I got a sticker instead because they said they didn't have any more button. I was totally bummed that I didn't get my button. The trip before that was for our anniversary and DH and I did get buttons for that though.

EeyoreGirl
07-09-2008, 05:19 AM
LOVE your screen name

Thank you :)

Foodie
07-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Does anybody know if you can get any of these stickers or pins in Downtown Disney? We'll be going in a couple weeks on my birthday and we don't want to spend the time on our first morning standing in line at Town Hall waiting to get one. Any info on this would be much appreciated!

-Foodie

yohomama212
07-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I bought a lanyard for my "niece" on Friday at the Emporium and while the CM was digging around for our gift with purchase pin, I noticed a significant amount of Happy Birthday buttons in one of the drawers she opened. It might be a faster option than City Hall!

Elizabeth

Foodie
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Oooh, the Emporium...great idea! I bet I could just run in there real fast and pick one up! Thanks!

-Foodie:)

yohomama212
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Glad I could help! I make a point of saying "happy birthday" to as many people as I can when I see the buttons. (As well as "happy anniversary" or "congrats" where appropriate.) So if we're there at the same time and a frazzled/exhausted mom wishes you Happy Birthday... that's me!

Elizabeth

snowsbeau
07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
The buttons are a great conversation piece. Guests love them and get so much attention when they are wearing them. To see a child or a child at heart face light up when you wish them a greeting on their special day is priceless.
Most of the Fantasyland attractions have a supply of most of the buttons. Especially the birthday, 1st time visit and anniversary buttons.
Also ask at the Storybookland dock for buttons. They usually have the largest supply on hand of all of the buttons for the area.

KrantzBar
07-29-2008, 08:09 AM
do the anniversary buttons work only for wedding anniversarys? i've been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. will they give us one?

MickeyM00C0w
07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
do the anniversary buttons work only for wedding anniversarys? i've been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. will they give us one?

They won't ask you for your marriage license or anything. It's all just for fun. The button looks like this, so it is a bit open ended as to what kind of anniversary you're celebrating.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/DLRFantasmicDan/DisneyAnniversaryButton.jpg

mohavewolfpup
07-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know if they ration them out per day or something, because last time I went, I saw a few kids that had stickers for their birthdays instead of the pins. I hadn't seen a sticker in a while and was wondering if they had completely gone back to stickers or had just run out of pins being it's so much busier being summer.

I hope they stick to pins because they're much easier to save than stickers.

haha, these buttons are littered all over backstage like roaches. sorry to ruin the magic, but I can think of many areas that are choked with them. plaza inn has a store room with many boxes of them. you learn to be resourceful and find the hidden cachets of them to help guests ;)

splash
08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
You can also go into one of the on-site hotels and ask for one. At last check, you didn't even need to be staying at the hotel.

letitsnow
08-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I hope they didn't change the design on the button...its so cute and i'm getting mine next week! i can't wait!

do you get any special perks with the anniversary button? any free tortillas or anything?

i'll be happy with the button, but i love the tortillas!

QuirkySue
08-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I keep reading about these anniversary and first time visit pins - are these different from the buttons or are people referring to the same thing by a different name? And most importantly, are they free? lol Gotta keep the costs in line afterall.

Hubby and I are going for our 16th anniversary and it's his, and our two kids' first time in any Disney park so I'm hoping to pick up pins for it.

MammaSilva
08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
There are several pins, all free for the asking...

1st visit

Happy Birthday

Happy Anniversary

Honorary Citizen

and I've seen a few more but only are available if you eat a character meal.

Malcon10t
08-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Don't forget the "Just Married" button!!!

MammaSilva
08-06-2008, 04:23 PM
How could I have forgotten THAT one darn it!

Matterhorn Yodeler
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I keep reading about these anniversary and first time visit pins - are these different from the buttons or are people referring to the same thing by a different name? And most importantly, are they free? lol Gotta keep the costs in line afterall.

Hubby and I are going for our 16th anniversary and it's his, and our two kids' first time in any Disney park so I'm hoping to pick up pins for it.

Just to get it completely straight, everyone is talking about a "button" which is approximately 3" in diameter. These are not like collector pins that you buy in all of the shops.

There is a link to a photo of one of the anniversary buttons in Post #14. The birthday, 1st Visit, etc. are all similar to this...

Congratulations on your 16th and I hope your family enjoys their first visit to Disneyland!

BunnyCups
08-06-2008, 06:50 PM
How do you get the honorary citizen button? I've always wondered how to get it!

snowsbeau
08-07-2008, 08:30 AM

Those buttons are just given out randomly. Usually just for fun by castmembers. They really are a hit with little ones and first time guests. You can ask for one at City Hall or if you see a Dream Squad castmember ask them for one.

HobbitFeet
08-07-2008, 07:44 PM

The purple HC buttons have been given to my son when he's being cute, and once when a lurking CM witnessed some brute of a big 12ish year old ran him over in the bug's land water play area (my son was 3 at the time).

QuirkySue, the buttons are like campaign buttons. The pins for sale are adorable little pins that don't basically have a safety pin on the back. :p