PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland fireworks visibility

ginap73
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know how many miles Disneyland's fireworks are visable from?

I live 23 miles away and can see the mountains which are farther. I have a great view of Palos verdes which is 11 miles away. I live in a 2 story that is a little taller, there's no building blocking my view of much of anything for miles.

I was wondering if anyone knows if fireworks can be seen that far away even if microscoptic small. ????

HisKid
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Have you ever seen them before? They do fireworks every night this time of year.

ginap73
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
We just added the 2nd story. so i don't know, i am going to see.

Autopia Guy
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I've seen them from about 10 miles away before.

Heck, The Block has a great view of the fireworks. So does Angel Stadium. My friend even tells me that he sees them on his drive into work from the 91 freeway. I think its really just going to depend on cloud cover/weather and line of sight.

iAmJacksDLand
07-03-2008, 06:12 AM
Slightly off topic: a cool view of the fireworks can be found at the Paradise Pier hotel.

Go up to the 10th or 11th floor (I think... not the top floor) and at the extreme north end of the hall, there is a small balcony that leads to a stairwell. The view is distant, but good, and if the wind is right, you can hear the soundtrack.

yohomama212
07-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Not sure of the "straight line" distance. Google puts the drive from my house to DL at just over 15 miles. But I'm near the 405 freeway at Culver and on a clear night I can see the fireworks from the overpass there. Not ginormous, but visible and some nights we can even hear them at home (if DH isn't playing GTA too loud)!

Elizabeth