PDA

View Full Version : DUMB Mickey & Friends Structure elevator

Kuzcotopia
10-14-2002, 09:06 PM
So we forgot something in our car Saturday morning. We are parked on the Mickey level of the Mickey and Friends structure. Both sides of the escalator are going down, so we go to the elevator, no problem.

We get in the elevator, the doors close.... ummm.....

Where's the Mickey Button?

(nothing in the elevator but numbers)

What number is Mickey?

We're on the Red level. Mickey. Which floor is that?

I mean, what's the POINT of using characters AND colors to denominate floors if the ELEVATOR doesn't have the characters OR the colors?

Sure, the escalators, reduntantly have the character AND the number AND the color.

How hard is it to label buttons in an elevator?

Wizard69
10-14-2002, 09:15 PM
I agree. I have already suggested that to guest relations. Hopefully they will remedy that by putting signs with the color and level in the elevator.

adriennek
10-14-2002, 09:28 PM
I *have* seen the pictures in the elevator before. Maybe it was only in one of them? Maybe it's gone now? I don't know. But I remember seeing them once thinking, "it's about time!"

As a regular stroller and hence, elevator user, I've gotten used to checking the big round signs in front of the escalators on my way to the elevator so I know what floor number I need.

I could go on and on about why those elevators are DUMB. Two elevators for that huge structure with so many people pushing strollers??? Ugh.

Adrienne K

Morrigoon
10-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Whatever happened to running the trams through the middle of the structure so ppl wouldn't have to walk so bloody far?

cstephens
10-14-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Kuzcotopia
How hard is it to label buttons in an elevator?

They used to have a picture of each character on the correct color background next to each number in the elevator, but they had it on some kind of sticker, and people kept peeling them off. I remember being in there when a couple had been peeled off, and then the next time I was in an elevator, they were all gone. Apparently, they haven't figured out how to put the pictures on in some fashion where people can't peel them off.

Originally posted by morrigoon
Whatever happened to running the trams through the middle of the structure so ppl wouldn't have to walk so bloody far?

Wouldn't that either make the structure come crashing down or cause severe damage to a tram...?

EandCDad
10-15-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by adriennek
I could go on and on about why those elevators are DUMB. Two elevators for that huge structure with so many people pushing strollers??? Ugh.

Adrienne K

When little "C" was still in a stroller we realized early that there were not enough elevators. So we just used the escalator. We made sure to take little "C" out of the stroller first, but I just stood holding it on the escalator. Never had any problems.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-15-2002, 07:25 AM
Apparently, they haven't figured out how to put the pictures on in some fashion where people can't peel them off.Well, here's some step-by-step instructions

1. Have a new, completely blank, stainless stell button panel made for each elevator.

2. Take the panel to the engraving department at Central Shops, and have the level number, the character name, and a minimally-detailed silhouette of the character engraved to 3/32" depth next to the hole for each button. Also have recesses milled out for standard Braille markings.

3. Take the engraved panel to the paint shop, and have the engraved markings filled in with baked enamel of the correct color.

4. Replace the existing button panels, using tamper-resistant screws.

adriennek
10-15-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad
When little "C" was still in a stroller we realized early that there were not enough elevators. So we just used the escalator. We made sure to take little "C" out of the stroller first, but I just stood holding it on the escalator. Never had any problems.

I've done that before, but with the loaded tandem stroller, I prefer the elevator when I can get it.

Adrienne K