PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Red scheduled to begin passenger service 7/3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AVP
06-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I've just received word that Monorail Red is scheduled to begin passenger service this Thursday, July 3rd. (Subject to change without notice, of course) No word as to what, if any, changes or improvements have been made to the ventilation system.

AVP

yohomama212
06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Really really? DS has been dying to ride the monorail... any monorail for the longest time! We're actually going on Thursday. Darn that I can't access MP from my phone to post updates.

Elizabeth

HisKid
06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Would I be wrong to be a teensy bit skeptical? Or would I be wrong to ONLY be a teensy bit skeptical?

Discuss.

AVP
06-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Would I be wrong to be a teensy bit skeptical? Or would I be wrong to ONLY be a teensy bit skeptical? I trust my source. I don't trust the MONORAIL, but I do not doubt that service is scheduled to begin.

AVP

Bytebear
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
My guess is they decided to just bite the bullet and let guests fry in the heat.

Andrew
06-30-2008, 07:37 PM
My guess is they decided to just bite the bullet and let guests fry in the heat.
They'll set up an ODV cart with bottled water and soda at each station. Double the usual price, of course.

mrsdisney68
07-01-2008, 05:17 AM
So that means they will hopefully have two monorails running now?? I hope so I really wanted to be able to use it when going back to the DLH.

HisKid
07-01-2008, 05:42 AM
I trust my source. I don't trust the MONORAIL, but I do not doubt that service is scheduled to begin.

AVP

OK, good point. I wasn't doubting your source. I was just a wee bit skeptical that it will actually happen as stated on that date, given that we have heard NOTHING about any fixes, that it was such a major problem, and that the date was only 2 days away.

Malcon10t
07-01-2008, 06:45 AM
So that means they will hopefully have two monorails running now?? I hope so I really wanted to be able to use it when going back to the DLH.
Regardless, they should have one running, so you can use it going to and from the park. One thing you might notice if both are running is a larger crowd wanting to ride the new monorail.

Matterhorn Yodeler
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
The opening of the monorail is really a cross promotion with the spa at GCH. First you spend an hour in the monorail sauna and then you get a massage at the hotel!:D

Be sure to wear your deodorant on Thursday everyone!!!:p

maui512
07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Any word if it's truly running today?
Lori

AVP
07-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Any word if it's truly running today?
LoriI'm on my way, and I'll report once I know.

AVP
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Monorail Red was on the beam today, but not taking passengers "yet." Unfortunately the entire Monorail system is closed right now for at last 2 hours so it doesn't look good.

maui512
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm going to stop by after work and see if anything's changed.

Lori

AVP
07-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Still no Monorails of any color. A CM said the testing of Red caused a problem this morning, and they aren't sure when or if either Monorail will be back today.

cstephens
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Still no Monorails of any color. A CM said the testing of Red caused a problem this morning, and they aren't sure when or if either Monorail will be back today.

Well, since it's going to be a super-slow weekend, this is the perfect time to not have any monorails running.

Matterhorn Yodeler
07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Two Disneyland attractions get new sponsorship:

The Matterhorn and the Monorail brought to you by SHAKE & BAKE!!!!!:D

Alex S.
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Completely off topic, but you just made me realize that I haven't had Shake & Bake since I left home for college 16 years ago.

Now I kind of want some.

SoCalDisneyLover
07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Disney: "We had so much fun screwing up the new monorail, that we thought we'd screw up the other one also. Since it was the 4th Of July Weekend, we figured what better time than now to shut the system down completely."

Somewhere, someone is getting a nice bonus and a promotion for the monorail problems. While the cast members in the parks get to deal with disgruntled guests, wondering what Moron screwed up the monorail the day before quite possibly the busiest weekend of the summer.

tokarrai
07-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Nah, they're thinking of everyone's health this weekend.

Shut down the Monorails....make everyone get off their butt and walk.

*blinks*

Seemed like a good idea at the time...

T

DaDuckFan1955
07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Lets hope the next Headline the news Station report on
IS NOT, I REPEAT IS NOT the following:

""""Disneyland cooks guests alive in 'RED' monorail with over 60+ fatalities due to heat stroke when power was lost due to rolling blackouts due to extremely high temperatures. Also there are numerous reports of some guests busting out the windows to escape from being baked alive; making the employee who fell 5 feet and part of the tree that fell on guests the least of Disney's concerns now."""""

Can anyone in the know report whether the RED Monorail has fixed the heat issue or is their attitude "we've spent too much money to discard them, let's chance it."

What's "Disney"?
07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
I am not surprised that the monorail may not be operating at all this weekend.

On my last vacation to Disneyland (probably around two months ago), you couldn't ride the monorail because either:

1. Monorail Red was testing.
2. Monorail Purple was broken.
3. Lines were very long.

I had walked by the station on several occasions hearing "Sorry, the monorail is down."

It would have made little difference if they closed it.

AVP
07-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Brady MacDonald at the LA Times received confirmation from Disneyland that Red will begin carrying passengers tonight:

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-monorail--2178/

AVP

HisKid
07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention anywhere how anything has been done to FIX anything in any meaningful way. Is it a coincidence that they waited until the sun went down to start letting people ride? Hmm...

SoCalDisneyLover
07-03-2008, 08:17 PM
So, is it night yet?

Perhaps it's running right now.

From the article: Expect to see Monorail Blue making passenger-less “test-and-adjust” runs during daylight hours.

What does that mean? Why is the Blue monorail making test runs? Do they mean the Red monorail, and if so, do they intend to just run the Red monorail at night during the summer?

Now I get it. They'll just use Red at night during the summer, so there won't be as much of an issue with daytime heat. Problem Solved!