PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas Film Screening Announced for Disneyland Resort

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
10-14-2002, 05:34 PM
Recieved from Disneyland Special Events:

On Tuesday, October 15th, please visit www.OfficialDisneyPinTrading.com for event information on the spooktacular Nightmare Before Christmas Film Screening scheduled to take place Wednesday, October 30, 2002.

innerSpaceman
10-15-2002, 07:26 AM
Ok, I give up - can't find anything about NbC screening at the Park on that site. Can anyone with more searching patience just post the info here? I am most certainly going to see the movie right before Halloween, but if it's playing at Disneyland as well as at the El Capitan, I have a decision to make.

The El Cap is a state of the art movie palace and the venue where Nightmare Before Christmas originally premiered. If Disneyland is going to be showing the film on a sheet hung in front of the Fantasyland Theater stage, then I just might stick with the El Capitan. So please, somebody, details???

dingdong2U
10-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Don't feel bad, I couldn't find anything on the event either. It seems as if Disney isn't updating their information on a timely basis. :-(

By the way, does anybody know what was to entail on that "Oogie Boogie's Ghost Walk" event that was posted on the pin trading web site but was recently pulled?

--- Mike

AVP
10-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by dingdong2U
By the way, does anybody know what was to entail on that "Oogie Boogie's Ghost Walk" event that was posted on the pin trading web site but was recently pulled? I just got this from Merchandise Event Services:

Just to clarify a few rumors... the Oogie Boogie "Ghost Walk" Pin Event has been rescheduled to November. The new date has not been determined but will be disclosed as soon as details are available.

AVP

zedizdead
10-15-2002, 12:16 PM
It's right on the homepage...

Anyways..

TIM BURTON'S NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS FILM SCREENING Updated 10/15/02

TIM BURTON'S NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

FILM SCREENING

Wednesday, October 30, 2002

DISNEYLAND Resort

Join your Halloweentown friends for a spooktacular evening

that is sure to get you into the spirit of the holidays,

as Jack uncovers the true meaning of Christmas.

The event will include the following:

Admission into DISNEYLAND Park (Event Evening Only)

Nightmare Before Christmas Costume Contest*

Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Film Screening w/Guest participation

Spooky "Trick or Treat" Experience

Ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday

Commemorative Pin

This frightfully fun evening is sure to be a scream!

Tickets for this event are $50, per Guest. Limited to availability.

No other discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

Reservations will be accepted only via Online Registration

beginning at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) on Friday, October 18, 2002 on

www.OfficialDisneyPinTrading.com

*Costumes must adhere to all safety guidelines. No masks are permitted.

Please review the additional Costume rules & regulations, which will be sent to you as part of your event confirmation.

EVENT INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

No photography will be permitted during the event.

As always, paid admission is required to enter DISNEYLANDÒ Park

Disney/ Touchstone

Morrigoon
10-15-2002, 12:19 PM
It's about time they encouraged us to dress up!

AVP
10-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by zedizdead
It's right on the homepage...

Thanks for posting the info. The site wasn't updated until about noon, so those who could not find it this morning were correct - it wasn't there.

AVP

Not Afraid
10-15-2002, 05:42 PM
Are attendees going to get commemorative NBC stadium seats before sitting for two hours on those aluminum, ridged benches?

I know, someone can dress up as a Ruffles Potato Chip because their rear will definantely have ridges after 2 hours.;)

mousey_girl
10-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Are attendees going to get commemorative NBC stadium seats before sitting for two hours on those aluminum, ridged benches?

I know, someone can dress up as a Ruffles Potato Chip because their rear will definantely have ridges after 2 hours.;)

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I can totally relate tho. The visual is kind of scary! :D

MonorailMan
10-15-2002, 07:48 PM
$50!? I so want do it, but Mom wont go for $50. Oh Well. :crying:

Cooie
10-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Either I'm blind and didn't see it, or it's common knowledge and I just don't know... but when it comes to events like this, for people who have APs and don't usually pay for admission into the park, do they still ahve to pay the $50?

RStar
10-16-2002, 07:29 AM
Yes, this is considered an after hours private party. It's been a while since they have had these. They close the park and empty out all the people. In the meantime those with tickets begin to build up at the gates and wait (usually about an hour). However, these use to be a bit cheeper than $50:eek: , but they are usually worth it. Keep in mind that the rest of the park will most likely not be operating.

Cooie
10-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Oh, I gotcha. I thought it was going to be while the park was open. Thanks for setting me straight.

innerSpaceman
10-16-2002, 11:25 AM
Hmmmm. Fifty Bucks to see NbC at Fantasyland Theater (which I can see at the glorious El Capitan for Ten Bucks) and be able to ride HMH (which I can do anytime) and a commemorative pin. Let me think about that for two seconds. Um . . . NO.

zedizdead
10-16-2002, 11:29 AM
so those who could not find it this morning were correct - it wasn't there.

I never said that I didn't belive them. When I went, I saw it, and I posted it.

You always pick on me... :( :( :(

cstephens
10-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Hmmmm. Fifty Bucks to see NbC at Fantasyland Theater (which I can see at the glorious El Capitan for Ten Bucks) and be able to ride HMH (which I can do anytime) and a commemorative pin. Let me think about that for two seconds. Um . . . NO.

Same response here, but one question: how do you know they're showing it in the Fantasyland Theatre? It doesn't say on the website, and I thought I remembered hearing previously that they'd thought of doing it in the Lincoln theatre.

innerSpaceman
10-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I just guessed at Fantasyland Theater. In truth, there is no official information that I can find that tells potential guests where the film will be playing. And that's part of the problem (along with the outrageous overprice). If I'm not gonna know what the venue is at Disneyland, then all the more reason to stick with known quality of the El Capitan.

MammaSilva
10-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Not that I'm in charge but just from an outsiders point of view.... Lincoln theater vs Fantasyland theater at $ 50 bucks per butt in the seat, I'd go with the venue with MORE seats....

BB Wolf
10-16-2002, 01:32 PM
My guess would also be FT because this is Disney and they will want as much green as they can get.

My suggestion for the "dead" beats :) that want to just watch the movie is not to go.

They are letting us get in costume and it says "Screening w/Guest participation"

If any of you went to the midnight showings of "Rocky Horror Picture Show" you'll know what I mean.

This is just "my" guess and may be wrong. But this is what I hope they are going to do. It will be more of a party of NBC fans.

An after hours party in DL, the trick or treat, ride the HMH and the pin.

If you just want to see the movie then do the El Capitan or buy the DVD.

innerSpaceman
10-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BB Wolf
They are letting us get in costume and it says "Screening w/Guest participation"
For the wonderful event of a few years back, Mickey's Halloween Treat, not only would they let you come in costume, but the entire park was open and was all done up for Halloween, with trick or treating every 50 yards, give-outs of candy galore, lots of craft events for the kids, basically the most fun event I have ever seen Disneyland put on. It was about $30 per person.

Even adjusting for inflation over the last five years or so, $50 for come-in-costume (but all you can do is see NbC and ride HMH) is a total rip-off.

lilblckrncloud
10-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Ok, now that all the negativity has been aired: is anyone actually GOING?

disneyworldwide
10-17-2002, 07:44 AM
Take a look at their site now . They have a pic of the pin.

TIM BURTON'S NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

FILM SCREENING

Wednesday, October 30, 2002

DISNEYLANDÒ Resort

Join your Halloweentown friends for a spooktacular evening

that is sure to get you into the spirit of the holidays,

as Jack uncovers the true meaning of Christmas.

The event will include the following:

Admission into DISNEYLANDÒ Park (Event Evening Only)

Nightmare Before Christmas Costume Contest*

Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Film Screening w/Guest participation

Spooky "Trick or Treat" Experience

Ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday

Commemorative Pin

This frightfully fun evening is sure to be a scream!

Tickets for this event are $50, per Guest. Limited to availability.

No other discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

Reservations will be accepted only via Online Registration

beginning at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) on Friday, October 18, 2002 on

www.OfficialDisneyPinTrading.com

*Costumes must adhere to all safety guidelines. No masks are permitted.

Please review the additional Costume rules & regulations, which will be sent to you as part of your event confirmation.

EVENT INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

No photography will be permitted during the event.

As always, paid admission is required to enter DISNEYLANDÒ Park

Ó Disney/Ó Touchstone

blusilva
10-17-2002, 09:03 AM
I was really looking forward to this until I saw the price tag. Ouch! And there really is no information as to what else in the park, if anything, will be available for use and how late the park will be open. For $50, I'd better be able to ride everything all night long.

I'm not a pin collector, so the pin gets a big "eh..." from me.

I don't have a NBC costume, so the whole costume idea gets a big "eh...." from me.

I'm an AP, so I can go ride HMH any time I want without the additional charge.

Right now it looks like the only thing attracting me is the novelty of a screening at Disneyland. But even at that, with the El Capitan showing the movie as well, I'm leaning toward the big "eh..."

justagrrl
10-17-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by blusilva

I don't have a NBC costume, so the whole costume idea gets a big "eh...." from me.

I wonder if you came in a different kind of costume that wasn't NBC related, if they'd let you in.

blusilva
10-17-2002, 08:40 PM
There's always my "Happy Meal with Legs" costume. With McDonald's in the park, I suppose it's appropriately Disney. :D