PDA

View Full Version : Strange Parking Experience on 10/13

Sophie832
10-14-2002, 04:52 PM
On Sunday we got to D-land at around 4pm. When we got into the parking structure, it looked as if we were going to be parking in Daisy, but we were in for a major surprise...

They took us through the entrance to the Daisy ramp, and into the cast parking lot that is usually accessed from Ball Rd! I guess this was their overflow parking lot for the day, but I've never parked there before. Then, just like CMs probably do a lot, we had to walk up the Daisy ramp to go through Daisy and get to the trams. On the way back later that night, there was a sign in Daisy directing us to the "Ball Rd. Lot".

Very strange.

Does anyone know why they had to use this lot? Was something going on at the convention center?

stitcher
10-14-2002, 08:50 PM
You know they might have been setting up for the auto show now that you mention it. Though it may still be a little early. Also the structure at the center would really be of no use to any of the involved vehicles anyway, seeing as they are large auto transports. So I guess my answer is, "Who Knows?":confused:

tabacco
10-14-2002, 08:57 PM
It seems odd they'd park BCML, though, instead of Simba or Pumbaa. Weird.

stitcher
10-14-2002, 09:08 PM
That's what I said when Sophie told me....

However I did offer one explanation. Guests constantly complain about having to walk all the way from Simba to get to the park, having no tram. Hence, new strategy; park them in BCML, make them walk half as far and let them take a tram like they want, therefore resolving their complaint.

bluepearl
10-14-2002, 09:35 PM
For some reason, I thought perhaps a large crowd was expected to park in the structure. Well, this was after the Angels won their game. :shrug: It happened to me once a few months ago.

Grandbreaker
10-15-2002, 09:36 AM
They were also parking park guest in simba aka downtown south parking. I had guest asking me how to get to there car from DLH & PPH