PDA

View Full Version : Disney rambling

futurecm21
06-28-2008, 09:21 AM
First time back in a while for me, but I kinda just had to share this thought. anyone can feel free to move it if it doesn't belong here.

I was watching an old video of Disney Sing Along Songs, specifically the one set in Disneyland, made way back when they were celebrating their 35 anniversary. And as I watched it I thought, its ashame the park has changed so much, it would be great to go back and visit the "old" Disneyland.

Then about five minutes after it ended with When you wish upon a star, it occurred to me Disneyland really isn't all that different. No what meant, and still means the most to me is that it can always cheer me up. I can always go and sail through the bayou of Pirates of the Caribbean on a hot day, and even those rides that have changed were changed for the better (Tom Sawyers Island).

so until I can make my way from Colorado to California, its great to just be able to know such a great place is really only a flight away:)

futurecm21

Nancy
06-28-2008, 07:43 PM
When my kids were real young I used to watch the sing alongs with them. That is also how I got my Disney fix, that and Darkbeers pics or anyone else who is kind enough to post theirs.

JackandSally101
07-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I love that video!!!!! I watch it a lot when I am really missing Disneyland! Now that it's summer and my pass is blocked out I am going to be watching it a lot! :D

ChurroGirl
07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Whenever we are feeling Disneyland sick we watch the Disneyland USA video. I love it because it has the Disneyland At Night feature with Annette Funicello and Bobby Ridell! Also the performance of Louis Armstrong on the Mark Twain is classic.
The feature of the Disneland 10th anniversary, Disney's Tencentiel! And how Walt shows that young lady all the new attractions coming, POTC, HM, NOS! It always makes me want to pack the car and head out!
Plus the song at the end, "10 yrs of Fantasy, 10 years of Fun, 10 years of growing up and its only just begun!:fez:" The dancing cake is so funny! When I first saw the DVD I wanted to be one of those dancer....

futurecm21
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Glad to know I'm not so old that I'm the only one who remembers it! Also glad to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to have to watch videos like it to stay happy.

futurecm21

getaholdof chandler
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Glad to know I'm not so old that I'm the only one who remembers it! Also glad to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to have to watch videos like it to stay happy.

futurecm21
We were so excited when we found out that Disneyland Fun had come out on DVD. The old VHS copy that we had was well worn.

futurecm21
07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Its on DVD?!?!?! thats cool, do you know where i can buy a copy?

D15
07-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Its on DVD?!?!?! thats cool, do you know where i can buy a copy?

We found our copy at Toys R Us :)

ChurroGirl
07-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok so can someone explain what Disneyland Fun is please....:confused:

D15
07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Ok so can someone explain what Disneyland Fun is please....:confused:

It's one in the series of Disney Sing Along Song videos, all about Disneyland! Here's Amazon's page for it (http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Songs-Disneyland-Fun/dp/B0009X75W4) if that's more helpful than my vague description, lol!

ChurroGirl
07-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Ok so I guess I have to add this to my must get DVD's in the next month! From the reviews on Amazon it sounds like just what I need to add to my collection! What fun:D

FolsomFan
07-04-2008, 10:26 AM
This is also on You Tube if you want to check it out.

californiagirlx7
07-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I love that Disneyland Fun Sing-Along video! We always watch it when we miss Disneyland, or if we learn that we are going to Disneyland in the near future.

hawaiimom
07-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I bought the DVD at Best Buy in San Diego one year when the whole family - except myself - got the Norwalk flu. The kids still watch it every few weeks and up the count when we're about to take another DL trip. I copied it to a memory stick and they watch it on the psp when we travel. I get a kick out of seeing the old fashions and outdated rental strollers.

jazzysmom
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
We have that movie too. My kids love it and it is one of my favorites for them to have on!

cfitz/pirates
07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Funny it keeps my four month old occupied, yes I am already getting him into Disney. He like's Minnie Mouse. ?

MauiMickey
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I love Disneyland Fun!! I watch that video when I'm working out on my elliptical trainer, getting ready for our next Disneyland trip! It really helps me get a Disney "fix" when we're getting excited for our trip. :D