PDA

View Full Version : I Just Noticed! [Pirates of the Caribbean]

yohomama212
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Okay, I'm not always the most observant person in the room but I do pick up on things after awhile. Except some how the poor pirate climbing out of his shallow grave in POTC seems to have alluded me these last 18 months! Has he really been there on that tiny "crab island" at the bottom of the second drop this whole time?

Elizabeth

ChurroGirl
06-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok so I havent either and I have ridden it many times and I am sure you have.

But a quick clarification, is it the pirate propped up with the sword in him or is what you are talking about something different?

yohomama212
06-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Nope, this guy looks like he's crawling out of or got pushed down into a shallow grave. He's got a hat on and a pistol in his left hand. I swear he's new but I mentioned him to Mom and she says he's always been there.

Elizabeth

ChurroGirl
06-28-2008, 12:00 AM
WEIRD:eek::confused::eek::D! I will deffinetly have to keep my eyes open for this guy, now one more question, is he on the right or left side?

yohomama212
06-28-2008, 04:26 AM
The right. He's on the little island there with the crab and the pirate propped up on his sword and the one crawling across the sand.

Elizabeth

disneyperson
06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Always been there. OK maybe not always since I haven't ridden every day since the ride began, but it's been there for a long time.
Now are we ready to talk about the missing second crab and the whereabouts of the singing dog?

(That was for you, Jo.);):D

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Now are we ready to talk about the missing second crab and the whereabouts of the singing dog?

Yeah, I wondered about the dog, since I took my guide dog puppy on the ride last week. Right now, there are three appearances, but I can only think of two:

1) Leaning on the barrel that Captain Jack Sparrow is hiding in while trying to get the treasure map.

2) The iconic prison scene with the keys in his mouth.

I guess when they added Jack Sparrow to that scene, they moved the dog over. I think the very next scene is the Pirate Band with the singing mule where the dog used to be...

Bytebear
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I wondered about the dog, since I took my guide dog puppy on the ride last week. Right now, there are three appearances, but I can only think of two:

1) Leaning on the barrel that Captain Jack Sparrow is hiding in while trying to get the treasure map.

2) The iconic prison scene with the keys in his mouth.

I guess when they added Jack Sparrow to that scene, they moved the dog over. I think the very next scene is the Pirate Band with the singing mule where the dog used to be...

As I recall, the singing dog was next to the three singing pirates (next to the donkey poking his head out of the stable). The dog would howl to the pirate song as they sang..

leota's necklace
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Not only has he been on the island, he was in Marc Davis's concept art.

http://voyagesextraordinaires.blogspot.com/2008/03/pirates-of-caribbean-concept-art-dead.html (the only link I could find quickly)

woody9six
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I rode this last Wednesday, and it seemed to me that one of the pirate prisoners was missing. I could have sworn there were 3 pirates in jail trying to lure the pooch with the keys, but when I went last week there were only 2 in that first cell. Am I wrong that there were 3 in that cell?

Disneyland4Jamy
06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
As I recall, the singing dog was next to the three singing pirates (next to the donkey poking his head out of the stable). The dog would howl to the pirate song as they sang..

Yes, yes! The dog with the trio of singing pirates has been missing for months! :confused:

yohomama212
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I rode this last Wednesday, and it seemed to me that one of the pirate prisoners was missing. I could have sworn there were 3 pirates in jail trying to lure the pooch with the keys, but when I went last week there were only 2 in that first cell. Am I wrong that there were 3 in that cell?

Nope, there should have been three... he was still out last Thursday when I first saw this "new to me pirate"!

Now let's talk about the small ship docked in town near where Jack is hiding behind the dresses... that has to be new... I just noticed it a couple months ago and just about fell off my boat!

Elizabeth

Maus
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Now let's talk about the small ship docked in town near where Jack is hiding behind the dresses... that has to be new... I just noticed it a couple months ago and just about fell off my boat!

Thanks! I saw it for the first time last week!

newhdplayer
09-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes, yes! The dog with the trio of singing pirates has been missing for months! :confused:

Per our captain (whilst we were "piloting" the Mark Twain on 9/6/08 at 9:45AM) pointed out the "missing dog". I'll try and get a picture uploaded one of these days. He is to be found on the banks of the River, standing on a rock with another critter, across from the Log Cabin, before ou get to the Indian Village.

racccoon
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
The crab after the second drop is on the right side of the boat. They took it out for a while earlier this year, I guess to make improvements and make it act more life-like. Which is unfortunate because I nicknamed it "the worshiping crab" because the old movement made it look like it was worshipping the dead pirate that it is facing. Now that nickname doesn't match it anymore. Oh well. Sometimes progress isn't always a good thing.

TheDisneyDude
09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Okay, I'm not always the most observant person in the room but I do pick up on things after awhile. Except some how the poor pirate climbing out of his shallow grave in POTC seems to have alluded me these last 18 months! Has he really been there on that tiny "crab island" at the bottom of the second drop this whole time?

This is funny because I have been riding the POTC for years and years and I have never seen this pirate that you speak of. I guess I'm not that observant either LOL...

DisneyFanKat
09-12-2008, 12:19 PM
This is funny because I have been riding the POTC for years and years and I have never seen this pirate that you speak of. I guess I'm not that observant either LOL...

I thought I knew which one was being talked about - but now that I look at the concept art - I don't know that I've noticed the shallow grave one either!!?? I was thinking of the crawling one! Guess I'll have to watch a little more closely next time I'm on it! :)

Heffalump
09-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I have always seen him :)

DisneyFanKat
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I have always seen him :)

Showoff! ;)

haha (Are you doing MA? Because with your observation skills we need to watch out for your team!) :)

snowsbeau
09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
How funny this thread is. A friend and I went on POTC Saturday and he swore that the pirate with the seagull nest in his hat was new. OMG!!! When did he turn into Mr. Magoo!?! Anyway, I told him that the only new gag in this area are the two pirates playing checkers in the bar scene.

TTFN92
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Anyway, I told him that the only new gag in this area are the two pirates playing checkers in the bar scene.

They are new? I remember looking at the chess/checkers board last week and thinking that I didn't remember seeing that before. I guess that is because I didn't ;).

I do have a question. Did there used to be a dog by the man sitting on his porch in the bayou? I thought that there was but DH said no. I figured this is where I could find out for sure.

Smorri
09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
We were there yesterday (9/14/08) and more importantly the singing donkey (that stood next to the three singing pirates) was missing! Is this political shenanigans?! Are these animals being abducted by Space Pirates?! Is Disney facing financial difficulties and the donkey could be better 'served' at the Bengal BBQ?! What's going on?!!11

:D
Well, the missing donkey part is true...

Smorri

HisKid
09-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I do have a question. Did there used to be a dog by the man sitting on his porch in the bayou? I thought that there was but DH said no. I figured this is where I could find out for sure.

I thought so, too.