PDA

View Full Version : CM perspective on Pressler leaving?

HBTiggerFan
10-13-2002, 09:44 PM
I am not sure if this should be in the DL forum or the lounge, so I posted it here.

I was talking to several of my CM friends since Pressler left, and they have all been ecstatic that hes gone. I'm talking doing the happy dance of joy.

Tonight I was talking to my best friend who's Uncle has been at DL forever and hes sooo happy that Pressler is gone, hes showing that glimmer of magic in eyes that have been jaded over the years.

I was wondering what/how the CMs here think/feel about it or the general feeling that CMs see around the parks about Pressler being gone?

rexfarms
10-14-2002, 08:18 PM
I am not a CM but its a giant relief.

HBTiggerFan
10-14-2002, 09:50 PM
rexfarms, yes it is a giant relief to us non-CMs...I am wondering how the CMs here feel? I have talked to the 3 I know, waiting to talk to one more...they are all ecstatic. :D

tabacco
10-14-2002, 11:44 PM
In my case I'd say 'cautiously optimistic.' I'll wait and see how his replacement goes before I get too excited. You never know, after all :)

Mouse
10-15-2002, 08:17 AM
I second tobacco. I've heard many good things about the next guy, and I'm generally happy to see the guy who put the strangle hold on the budget gone. Will spending be restored? That has yet to be seen.

disguy
10-15-2002, 03:45 PM
First off I'm not a CM but I have to wonder even if his replacement is better at his job then Pressler, given how long in advance Disney plans for attractions and shows, will we really see a difference in the short term or rather the long term?

goofey
10-16-2002, 11:34 AM
As far as work goes, I think that as a rank-and-file CM I'm so far removed from what goes on at that level that I'd probably not notice the change at all. Most of the negative things that have affected my job recently aren't really attributed to someone in such a high position; I personally attribute them to Cynthia Harriss on down.

As far as being a Disneyland fan, I agree with disguy's concern. I mean, it's not like they're all of a sudden going to announce a complete renovation of Tomorrowland or something like that, and then start it this week (as much as we wish they would).