PDA

View Full Version : Getting into the park early?

tstan70
10-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know if the "magic mornings" are still available with a 3 day flex pass or if any early entry passes are available?

If not, anyone have suggestions on how to get in as early as possible to beat the crowds?

tlovesdis
10-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Magic Mornings are no longer available. We always get to the gates about a half hour before official opening. They usually, but not always, open up 1/2 hour early. We get onto Main Street and there are characters everywhere. We also run into Blue Ribbon Bakery for coffee.

disguy
10-13-2002, 09:05 PM
No early entry and they no longer have "flex pass" they have Park Hoppers I think 3,4 and 5 day. You can "hop" from Disneyland to DCA.

EandCDad
10-14-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by tstan70
If not, anyone have suggestions on how to get in as early as possible to beat the crowds?

Gonna echo tlovesdis on getting to the park 1/2 hour early, AT LEAST. This also means that you should have your ticket media at this time. I recommend you have your ticket media in hand and be in line at the front gate 1/2 hour before opening.

Then, enjoy Main Street shops and see characters and whatnot but make your way to the end of Main Street for the "rope drop" at the official opening time. If you have young children who want to ride Dumbo and/or Peter Pan, then walk (don't run) straight to Fantasyland and get in line for Peter Pan. Then ride it and Dumbo in succession. The line for Peter Pan only gets worse. Always ride this first if you plan on riding it at all.

Have fun!

Twinsmom
10-14-2002, 07:06 AM
Another question on this subject, what if you are staying at the DCH for entry into California Adventure? Should you still get in line 1/2 hour early?

Thanks.

Matterhorn Fan
10-14-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Twinsmom
Another question on this subject, what if you are staying at the DCH for entry into California Adventure? Should you still get in line 1/2 hour early?

Thanks. I've never actually seen a line at either the Grand Californian or the Paradise Pier entrance to DCA.

As for arriving early to DCA, it's really not necessary. If you go early, I suppose it would be possible to do everything in a couple hours, but remember that the Hollywood section opens later than the rest of the park.

I don't know if they do the 1/2 hour early opening of the front section of DCA like they do with Main Street. I guess if they did, you'd get the entry plaza and Condor Flats to wander about in, and that's about it. I'd rather spend some extra time in DL or having breakfast.

teri
10-14-2002, 07:46 AM
When we have been there, DCA didn't open until after 10AM, and then it was only part of the park until noon.

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-14-2002, 09:10 AM
I was there during busy summer days. We found that you could show up like 5-10 min before park opening. Just pick a gate where people are not lined up. People just dont realize!

Hope this helps,
John