PDA

View Full Version : French Market

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

maui512
06-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know if the French Market re-opens today or tomorrow with the new menu?
AVP?

Thanks,
Lori

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-25-2008, 01:30 PM
It was closed yesterday, but we didn't check with the CM as to when they were re-opening...sorry.

cstephens
06-25-2008, 01:59 PM
*blink* New menu?

Andrew
06-25-2008, 02:04 PM
*blink* New menu?
Yes, they checked to see if there was anything else you liked that they could remove from the menu.

cstephens
06-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, they checked to see if there was anything else you liked that they could remove from the menu.

I would be so mad at you for saying that ... if it wasn't actually true.

(They already did that to the husband. I don't eat at French Market as much now because he doesn't want to go.)

olegc
06-25-2008, 03:11 PM
*blink* New menu?

what I heard from another source was that they would be removing the fried chicken and the sandwiches.... supposed to be "healthier" fare that is Cajun and Creole..

I am in a wait and see mode. I love Cafe Orleans but my kids don't enjoy the menu there, and the remaining locations are either Burger joints or salad places.

The only place to get Fried Chicken now will be the Plaza Inn.

Mrs Mouse
06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
The only place to get Fried Chicken now will be the Plaza Inn.

I swear, if they were ever to change the menu at the Plaza, I just don't know what I'd do. :eek:

I can honestly say that French Market is one of the few places in the park where we have never had a meal. Perhaps we'll have to give it a try on our next trip. Aside from the fried chicken, what was the menu like before?

Darkbeer
06-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Here is a photo of the French Market Menu as of last Sunday...

http://Darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/318206277_ftNdR-M-1.jpg

And the display of the main items...

http://Darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/318207305_65c7P-M.jpg

Gone2Disneyland
06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
^ Thanks for the pix, Darkbeer. I saw your photo essay on Miceage earlier this week too.

I've only eaten there once, but thoroughly enjoyed my fried chicken over a bowl of rice and beans (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/1539089368/in/set-72157600373678627/). Our NBC desserts were fun (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/1538227925/in/set-72157600373678627/) and delicious too. It tasted healthy compared to what I usually eat at the park. :p I'm sorry now that I can't go back there to enjoy them again, but the long line I always seemed to find there and other Disneyland food offerings kept me from returning regularly. But I'm curious what the healthy menu will be like and hoping to check it out on my next visit.

cstephens
06-25-2008, 03:50 PM
what I heard from another source was that they would be removing the fried chicken.

Oh, you mean the only thing that I eat there? :rolleyes:

Here is a photo of the French Market Menu as of last Sunday...

http://Darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/318206277_ftNdR-M-1.jpg

And the display of the main items...

http://Darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/318207305_65c7P-M.jpg

Hmmm, it pretty much looks the same as it's been - french dip, fried chicken, fettucine, beef stew. I can't read the sign too well, but it looks like they've actually started indicating that it comes with a side salad, so that's good. It never said that before.

I like Plaza Inn's fried chicken. But I prefer French Market's.

Darkbeer
06-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Hmmm, it pretty much looks the same as it's been - french dip, fried chicken, fettuccine, beef stew. I can't read the sign too well, but it looks like they've actually started indicating that it comes with a side salad, so that's good. It never said that before.

I like Plaza Inn's fried chicken. But I prefer French Market's.

But that is the OLD menu... (Pictures taken on the LAST day of the former menu).

The two types of Fried Chicken and the Sandwiches are NO longer part of the menu. I know the Chowder Bread Bowl will remain, but most of the other items are GONE!

A new Healthier Menu will start this week, I heard starting tomorrow, and since I haven't seen the new menu yet, sounds like that is the correct info.

Lets see what the new menu brings, but expect some major changes to the French Market Menu.:eek:

ChurroGirl
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
YES!!! For Chowder! I would have probably cried if they took that away. I love the chowder bowls and salad dinners we do there. Good to hear that will stay....

cstephens
06-25-2008, 04:15 PM
But that is the OLD menu... (Pictures taken on the LAST day of the former menu).

Ah, ok, you were answering the question about what else *was* on the old menu, not what the *new* menu is. Got it.

No more fried chicken. Oh well. Guess that means I won't care anymore that the husband doesn't want to go there.

Rte48
06-25-2008, 04:29 PM
We really enjoy the Po Boy and the beef dip and will be sad if they are taken off the menu. They were only served for lunch and the menu would change for dinner. Why can't they keep the current menu and add some healthier choices to go with it.

Gone2Disneyland
06-25-2008, 04:51 PM
^ This thread and the above mention of a po boy reminds me they recently changed the menu at the River Belle Terrace from ribs and chicken to sandwiches. That's another place I need to try as well.

LuvPluto
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
We wentto RBT and had 2 sandwiches. The prime rib had a strange and unpleasnat taste to it. The turkey was pretty good but sort of plain.

RocketTom
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Jeez - I just wish they would offer a heathy alternative and leave the rest of the menu up so that I can make up my own freakin mind what to have!

They're trying to make me healthy? As long as they have Churro carts, they don't have a chicken leg to stand on for this argument.

ChurroGirl
06-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey now, we dont have to bring the Churros into this!! Those are my favorite snack of all time in the park. They didnt do anything to any body but be tasty cinnamony, crunchy goodness.:D

I say if we are going to go after the snack carts, WHY DO THEY HAVE THE MCDONALDS FRIES IN THE PARK? Now that is gross!

Foodie
06-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I wonder if "healthy" sandwiches are easier to make and serve. They stop offering things that have to be cooked on premises and serve those premade sandwiches, saves time and energy. I dunno, I say give me my darn fried chicken! I'm outraged...:crying::mad:

ChurroGirl
06-25-2008, 06:22 PM
HERE HERE FOODIE!!! I second that motion! Where are the potato wedges!:~D

dznyphreak
06-25-2008, 09:35 PM
I used to work at French Market (last summer, from time to time), and it was not my favorite place to work. Maybe with the new menu there will be less hot foods, because let me tell you...it was insanely hot to serve up that food for 8 hours!

In response to frankietwo, those McDonald's Fries, however unhealthy, will probably remain as long as they're sponsoring it.

doublewide77
06-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Here's my hot button, Cocina Mexican Grill in DCA stopped serving nachos quite a while ago. Replaced with "healthier stuff" was the direct quote I got. Say what? When I tried ordering them the first time after they had changed, I thought I had stepped into the Twilight Zone Tower...

I agree with an earlier post, by all means provide healthy choices, but leave the greasy good stuff for those of us who want it! We're at Disney and we are going to eat.... heathly is for back home..

AVP
06-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I swear, if they were ever to change the menu at the Plaza, I just don't know what I'd do. :eek:Get ready. As I wrote in the Park Update a few weeks ago (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl080616xx), there is a Resort-wide "healthy foods" initiative being rolled out. (We've known something about it since before Food & Wine Weekends, but didn't have a deployment schedule - wouldn't you know it would be on the heels of our most recent menu update?)

I've also heard that the menu revision to French Market is partially in preparation for the move to the new Plaza Pavillion prep kitchen. Remember, the main New Orleans Square kitchen is going down for a lengthy renovation this fall, and Cafe Orleans and the French Market are going to be using the Plaza Pavillion kitchen as a prep kitchen during the remodel.

I'll be very interested to see the new menu tomorrow.

AVP

Drince88
06-26-2008, 04:28 AM
supposed to be "healthier" fare that is Cajun and Creole..

Oh, great, ANOTHER restaurant for them to mess up Cajun, Creole, and New Orleans food. Healthy is NOT the first adjective I'd use to describe Cajun and Creole cuisine.

06-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Oh, great, ANOTHER restaurant for them to mess up Cajun, Creole, and New Orleans food. Healthy is NOT the first adjective I'd use to describe Cajun and Creole cuisine.

Plantation Spinach and Arugula Salad, honey chil'. Just like my South Carolina relatives used to whomp up. :rolleyes: