PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland to get new 4th of July fireworks show this year

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AVP
06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I just posted this to my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?u=17), but thought I'd copy it here.

A friend just shared that this year's 4th of July fireworks show at Disneyland will be an all-new 20-minute show, not an add-on tacked to the end of the curent show has has been the practice some years. Walt Disney World is touting that they will have four pyro shows this year, but I'm far more excited about one new show.

AVP

cstephens
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Oooo, cool. We would've been there anyway, but something more to look forward to!

a-mad
06-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for posting this. I've been inquiring about this on other boards and am getting no responses.

Do you have any other details on the show? With it not tied to 'Remember' do you think it will consist mostly of shells that are higher in the sky, and not tied into the area around the Hub? I'm sorta hoping that's the case, so we don't have to cram into the Hub to get the best views.. I'm almost thinking of viewing them from the Rivers of America instead.

AVP
06-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks for posting this. I've been inquiring about this on other boards and am getting no responses.I don't have any further details - I'm sorry!

AVP

cstephens
06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm sorta hoping that's the case, so we don't have to cram into the Hub to get the best views.. I'm almost thinking of viewing them from the Rivers of America instead.

Yes, I definitely think everyone should watch the fireworks from the hub or the Rivers of America.

sjcivilady
06-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I hope they show up on youtube. I'll be sitting in the middle of the street in our court watching the fireworks over Lodi Lake - it's a tradition - have watched them almost every year of my life. Someday I'll catch the disney July 4th ones though - maybe after I retire. (my boss tells me: "why don't you just go work at disneyland?" .....it's tempting) :)

gtpinoy
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know what the crowds are usually like on the 4th of July?

HisKid
07-01-2008, 05:46 AM
I think that they are so packed that they close the park gates early every 4th (meaning no one else can come in until a substantial number of people leaves). I thought briefly about going, but it was only a momentary flicker, lol.

olegc
07-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know what the crowds are usually like on the 4th of July?

one giant, sweaty, complaining, loud, pushy, grumbling, mass of humanity...

Enjoy your day! :~D

in all seriousness - if you're thinking of "casually" going to the park I would think twice. If you just can't help yourself, go early and don't leave.

gtpinoy
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I think that they are so packed that they close the park gates early every 4th (meaning no one else can come in until a substantial number of people leaves). I thought briefly about going, but it was only a momentary flicker, lol.

one giant, sweaty, complaining, loud, pushy, grumbling, mass of humanity...

Enjoy your day! :~D

in all seriousness - if you're thinking of "casually" going to the park I would think twice. If you just can't help yourself, go early and don't leave.

I've never experienced the 4th of July firework show, so I was considering going, but not until 6:00 p.m. or so.

HisKid
07-01-2008, 11:47 AM
I've never experienced the 4th of July firework show, so I was considering going, but not until 6:00 p.m. or so.

I don't know what time they typically close the gates, but that might be too late.

yohomama212
07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Last year we were told that the gates had been shut down at noon so we got there early, suffered the whole day, then Mom's cousin got there at like 2 and her fiance joined us at 4 or so. I don't know if they ever reached capacity that day and it totally freaks me out as to what capacity actually means if they didn't.

Elizabeth

lilfaeriebrat
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't remember for sure what time we got there last year but I know if was afternoon because it was the day my grandma passed away and we had lots to deal with before we could leave the house. I'm thinking it was around 3 or 4 and got in no problem.

gtpinoy
07-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for your input!

olegc
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
WDW apparently has a new 20 minute show too - my guess is it's the same.

Now can be seen on Laughing Place and probably YouTube...

bassett1976
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
We've been to DL at least four times on the fourth of July. We've gotten there after 6pm once but I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to go on attractions, you should do it after park opening and keep going as long as you can stand it. Later in the afternoon/evening it becomes very difficult to move around, let alone get onto an attraction.

Eating dinner is challenging. We tried one year at 5 pm to get food in the park and it was packed. Took us over an hour at the Stage Door Cafe. This tended to put us in a bad mood for the rest of the night.

If you do go to watch the fireworks, find a spot early. We usually head to IASW and sit for at least 2 hours and it gets really packed at that point. People will be pushing and shoving and you will have to protect your space.

The most important thing of all!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT LEAVE THE PARK AFTER THE FIREWORKS. You will save yourself a lot of time and sanity by staying in the park for another hour or two after the fireworks. It took us well over an hour to walk from IASW to the main gates one year. We waited 30 minutes for a tram and didn't make any progress in the line, eventually decided to walk. Then it took us over an hour to get out of the parking structure because of all the people leaving. The last few times we've gone, we've gotten a hotel room and walked back to the hotel just before midnight.

gtpinoy
07-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Looks like we're going to make the 4th of July trip. I think there is going to be at the least 8 of us heading out there.

This thread has been very helpful. Besides "not going", does anyone else have any input on how to make this trip less painful than it already sounds like it's going to be? Does anyone have a clue where the best viewing area will be for this "new" 4th of July firework spectacular?

yohomama212
07-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Last year there were 15 in our group. Most of us found a spot in front of the castle around 5ish and sat there while two or three of the guys ran to Bengal BBQ to get dinner. We didn't get the food until 6:30! We did have to defend our spot quite militantly and having two strollers really helped in that. We brought playing cards, small toys, lots of water, and small snacks to keep boredom, hunger, and tempers at bay. About 8 they came around announcing that we would have to stand and by 8:30 they were forcing people to their feet. I kept the baby in the wrap and the big kids were in the strollers until the fireworks started. Afterwards we hung out in that spot until it was safe to move then meandered towards the main gates with a couple stops at the restrooms and the Market House to get coffee for the drivers!

This year we're staying home and watching the Boston Pops and Rascal Flats!

Elizabeth

Heaven Is Disneyland
07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Ok, we are going tomorrow and I am scared. Should we get there early in case they shut the gates or should we take our chances and go later in the day and try to stay out of the heat?

I'm thinking that we will go early and I will go get "watered" over by a Bug's Life at DCA.

Ug, I get so overheated.....even in December when I take my daughter, she overheats me, getting her in and out of her stroller and taking care of her, I just get so hot.

Wish us luck!

:)

But I must go, the ADDICTION is strong. And my evil plan is working.......... my husband is getting an annual pass tomorow.........mmmmuuuuaaahhhh!

:p

gtpinoy
07-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Leaving Rancho Cucamonga now! Hopefully we'll have a good day today!

gtpinoy
07-04-2008, 08:52 AM
It's still early but the crowd size doesn't look that much different than a "regular" Friday.

AVP
07-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Signs at the exits advise that all guests must have a ticket and a hnad stamp, and AP are being told to get handstamps when they enter. If you are coming just for the fireworks be sure to read my blog - if you are not a Premium AP and get here after 6 you will pay $15 to park in any Disneyland Resort lot.

9volt
07-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Is the show going to be at the usual time?

AaronInCal
07-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Is the show going to be at the usual time?
Yes, the show it still at 9:25pm.

gtpinoy
07-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm currently standing in the middle of main street between the Refreshment Corner and the Photo Shop. A couple of Cast Members have already come by and asked people to stand, but of course they chose not to and remain seated. People are so rude to these Cast Members and I feel bad for the way people treat them. There is a family of 4 seated behind me and they just looked at the Cast Member and laughed.

It's about 40 minutes until show time.