PDA

View Full Version : Can we hop?

LeslieluvMcky
10-11-2002, 05:12 PM
We'll be renewing our ap's tomorrow and we're getting the So. Cal passes. Can we still hop tomorrow even though its a blackout date? Thank you!

HBTiggerFan
10-11-2002, 06:07 PM
I am 99.9% sure you can hop. Be sure to ask, or try :) Just remember not to be upset with the CM at the gate if they tell you that its a block out date

tabacco
10-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Yeah, you can.

driftwood714
10-11-2002, 11:02 PM
No, you won't.. The only day they'll allow you to "skip" a blockout date is the very first day of your Annual Passport. If you renew on your expiration date, you still have to adhere to the blockout date schedule.. Now, this may have changed in the past week or two, but according to my knowledge, this is the policy.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
10-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Yes you can hop - here's why -

There is no longer a So-Cal renewal discount of any kind. You should buy your APs as if you never had one, and the first day of a So-Cal AP is free from blockout date restrictions.

Those of us with So-Cal can now take advantage of a little downtime between when our passes expire and getting new ones. We should get a 'Disney-fix' up to the expiration date - then wait however you need to 2-3-4 months - then get a new pass that would be good for 12 more months. While you take a gamble prices might go up the time savings is signficate - the day you buy a new So-Cal could be any traditional 'blockout' date i.e. Christmas, New Years.

In otherwords - there is no real benefit to renew your So Cal AP unless you believe prices will spiral upwards.

xsb00st
10-12-2002, 05:28 AM
What is "Hopping"? haha...Sorry folks, but I was born yesterday and I just got my mickey ears...um...but i'm still waiting for my head to grow into them.:p

MonorailMan
10-12-2002, 05:49 AM
Hopping is going from 1 park to another, and back, and... on the same day.

LeslieluvMcky
10-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Thanks everyone!!

driftwood714
10-12-2002, 11:08 PM
In otherwords - there is no real benefit to renew your So Cal AP unless you believe prices will spiral upwards.

That's a good loophole, and a great idea if you're needing to have a downtime from the Parks..

hbquikcomjamesl
10-14-2002, 11:37 AM
The night of the MSEP's DCA debut was the expiration date of my last one-park-only Premium pass. I renewed in person that evening, upgrading to 2-park, and my new pass was immediately good for both parks.