PDA

View Full Version : Aoeceanic on Disneyland (suggestions to read)

AoeceanGlyvxx
10-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Hi fellow Mouseketeers,
I went to Disneyland last Christmas and it was a good vacation. After 3 years of going to see my family in Nevada, it was a nice change of tone to get away from the Bay Area and to enter the conservative Anaheim area where teenagers roam free at Disneyland and are teenagers.
My Disneyland trip was great, I totally enjoyed every part of it. From a single rider pass at Indiana Jones to the Haunted Mansion holiday. But here's a few suggestions/complaints which I know you all share...I just feel my prespective as a young person might help to encourage a change in Disney.

Here are my complaints:

California Adventure: WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? This park was terrible, terrible, terrible. If I wanted to see roller coasters and jumping jellyfish I would have gone to Knox Berry Farm and even that looked better than California Adventure. This was a total piece of fecal matter and don't spend your money on it. It totally bastardized Walt's vision.

Disneyland hidden messages: By hidden messages I mean that the merchandise and everything else seemed cheap and out of place now. McDonald's in Disneyland? Hell no, I admit I ate at McDonalds when I had went to California Adventure but thats because I only had 5$ on me for food that day. McDonald dosen't belong in Disneyland.

What I would like to see:

California Disney Sea: Let's face it, Disneysea was a genius theme park and its concept would belong more in California than in Japan. Oddly, California Adventure could be easily converted into a DisneySea with little effort.

Something should go in the Submarine Lagoon: Its been 5 years since they tore the thing down, therefore they should make use of it or put the original Submarine attraction in.

Repair the Tiki Room: This is just sad....

No Doubt to perform at Disneyland: I love No Doubt! Their like one of the coolest ska/crossover bands ever. I would like to see them have a concert at Disneyland on a Friday night(if you know about Disneyland on Friday nights, they would fit in there)

BJW
10-11-2002, 10:49 PM
While we're on the subject of the Submarine Lagoon I totally agree the ride should be put back in or something else should be opened. (Same with Rocket Rods) Does Disney fully understand how angry the public is with the new Tomorrowland? The place reminds me of being in a cheesy shopping mall on a bad side of town. I wonder if there's a way if enough of us write in they would do something about it? Anyway, hopefully with the changes in management we will see something done about problems like this.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
10-11-2002, 11:04 PM
It was his 5th post........so maybe ummm

slack? eh?

PXSgeek
10-12-2002, 11:26 AM
DCA isnt "all that" but give it time, even WDW seemed bad at first, i dont know about "bastardized" Walts dream comment that is a bit much. Mcdonalds and Disney seem like a nice mix but i think they should just stick to selling fries like at DL in small little shacks. And as for No Doubt at Disneyland, they had ONE good album nearly 5 years ago and i seeing how low they have gone look for them at next years Rockin The Bay at DCA.

AoeceanGlyvxx
10-12-2002, 05:16 PM
Well, not to get off subject but....No Doubt albums in order from great to worst
No Doubt- Ache is a great song
Tragic Kingdom- Very good tracks
Rock Steady- I love Underneath it all and hey baby hey baby hey
Return to Saturn- weak

NP: Dance Hall Crashers...

Hey, I'm new here! Be nice to the mouseketeer.

Ace
10-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Tomorrowland 98' sucks. I only go in there when I have to... I mean, you could sit in NOS and just be there... but you would never in Tomorrowland. It's dirty and the rides are all torn out... and Space Mountain is cheesy.

Morrigoon
10-12-2002, 10:36 PM
There was a time when TL was my favorite land.

They had Space Mountain (it's not cheesy, it's just painted an ugly color!), the Starcade with the really good metal surface air hockey tables, the Peoplemover, Skyway, America Sings, the Subs, the TL side of Autopia, Circlevision and the Rocket Jets.

Now TL has Space Mtn, half the Starcade without the big air hockey tables, Autopia, and Astro, which is Rocket Jets minus everything that made them cool. Oh, an Innoventions, which is more like a store than an attraction.