PDA

View Full Version : Magic Photos - Cool!

olegc
06-24-2008, 08:17 AM
I saw in the update today that DLR is bringing the Magic photos to us. Very cool. I have done this at WDW with the haunted mansion. They took our photo in front of the hearse, and then they digitally added Ezra in the drivers seat for our Photo Pass. It was very neat.

now the one thing I remember is that they did not offer this all the time. It was whenever the special photographer came out and they brought out a handler and a sign to let folks know this type of photography was being offered. And it was only for about 3 hours and then they would go away. I am sure there is a schedule - but it was not published...

so I wonder what the deployment of this will be at the DLR. I hope they also at some point bring the PhotoPass to the attraction photos (like TestTrack in Epcot). That would be great!

AVP
06-24-2008, 08:26 AM
now the one thing I remember is that they did not offer this all the time. It was whenever the special photographer came out and they brought out a handler and a sign to let folks know this type of photography was being offered. And it was only for about 3 hours and then they would go away. I am sure there is a schedule - but it was not published... That's pretty much the same thing here. I understand that there are just a few photographers trained in this, and so the product if offered whenever they are scheduled. Right now the two locations are Tomorrowland (with Darth Vader) and New Orleans Square (with the Hitchhiking Ghosts). There's also a Captain Hook fight scene that's supposed to be offered in Fantasyland, but I haven't seen that deployed yet. The CMs aren't working with a handler - just look for the CM with the small sign/sample photo like the one I showed in the Update.

AVP

MammaSilva
06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I know that they have had these since Spring Break, we have them with the hitch hiking ghosts in front of the Mansion, we have stitch in two different poses and we have several of Hook both on the Columbia and on the 'river walk' with TSI as a back drop....

Captian Hook (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/album.php?albumid=103&pictureid=705)

and the photographer that was doing the ghosts said there is a Nemo layover as well but we didn't get there for those but it'll be on the next trip.

AVP
06-24-2008, 09:12 AM
I know that they have had these since Spring Break Sounds like you caught them during the trial / training period.

Mermaid
06-24-2008, 09:19 AM
I got these pictures taken May 30 (engagement day!). We got the Captain Hook one. They were in NOS towards the Haunted Mansion end on the steps of the River of America. He told us to go to Haunted Mansion where we met some hitchhiking ghosts. I know he took a lot more Hook pictures then came out, but we loved the one we got!! The HM ones were okay... more our fault then hers. We just look silly- but the ghosts are there!

EeyoreGirl
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Too cool! We'll have to look for these photographers when we're there in November. Hopefully we can get a Darth Vader picture. Ds3 and dh will be in imperial heaven.

Second Star
06-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you caught them during the trial / training period.

I have picture from DLand in 2005 (wish I could find it now) where we're all by the Mickey flower in front with our hands laid flat on top of each other with Tink standing there on top.

Side note: My desktop picture on my computer where at work is one my wife and I had taken at Animal Kingdom in March. The photographer had my wife cradle her arms like she was hold a baby. When we got the picture, she's holding baby Simba. :):)

AVP
06-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I have picture from DLand in 2005 (wish I could find it now) where we're all by the Mickey flower in front with our hands laid flat on top of each other with Tink standing there on top.

Side note: My desktop picture on my computer where at work is one my wife and I had taken at Animal Kingdom in March. The photographer had my wife cradle her arms like she was hold a baby. When we got the picture, she's holding baby Simba. :):)Tinker Bell has been available for quite some time, but the PhotoPass people have led me to believe that the other Magic Photos are something that were tested a few times at Disneyland but are just now in "wide" release.

I LOVE the Simba one!

AVP

Andrew
06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I LOVE the Simba one!
Simba Rules!

janell
06-27-2008, 03:47 AM
Oh cool they are bring that here. About time. LOL I too love the Simba one. I havn't done photo pass at DLR in while, just did it from WDW, I hope DRL has some cute boarders like WDW.

What would be cool is if they did a dicount DVD offer. Maybe for AP'ers they give 4 DVD(one each season or every three months) for a good cheap prices. I really liked the dvd thing from WDW.