PDA

View Full Version : No! I think I'm officially part of Disneyland history! [Mark Twain pilot]

tHeDiSnEyKiD
06-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Some of you guys probably have done the same thing. And, I actually want to know about riding with the operator on top of the Mark Twain. Is there still a book up there? Do they still let you sign it? My name is in there with an asterisk "Disney Adventurer". I know this book contains some of the world's most popular faces like past presidents, pop stars, and hollywood elite.

Anyone know if it's still up there? Every time I'm at the park I always wanna go up there and check it out, but never do.

DangerMouse
06-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Yes, they still have a book in there, and I have signed in it twice. However, I believe they change out the book at least annually.

adriennek
06-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Isn't there a guest book in the Opera House, too?

Adrienne

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes, the book is still up in the wheel house of the Mark Twain. We rode up there earlier this year. I wrote up a trip report about it:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=89470

I consider it one of the highlights of my trips to Disneyland!

Franz
06-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Happily yes, the book is still there. My son and I have signed it twice in the last 18 months. (We had to go again after his "River Pilot's license" expired.)

And again, thank you to all of you on these boards who let us know about these special "extras" at the park. I never would have had the great experience of watching my DS carefully steer clear of the rocks without you!

hefferdude
06-23-2008, 11:20 AM
They also used to have a guest book you could sign at the Kodak corner. ( I think )

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
They also used to have a guest book you could sign at the Kodak corner. ( I think )

What I recall was that there were books for foreign visitors. When I had friends visiting from Vienna, Austria they signed the book there. This was a long time ago...maybe even before WDW.