PDA

View Full Version : I lost my Annual Pass & They won't give me a new one

Pages : [1] 2

MissDisneyLover
06-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't why.
I went online, and they said call their number.
We called, and they said go online...?
I can't call them because I didn't buy it.
And my dad, who bought it, took enough of their crap.
I Lost it in the park, and when i informed them, they didnt help much...

Burnt Toast
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Uhh... hrmn.

You go to a ticket booth, pay the $20 (I think) to get a reprint of your pass. It's not for free and they don't do it over the phone/mail/internet.

ChurroGirl
06-19-2008, 01:52 PM
When I signed up in March they told me that if by some chance we loose the pass or it is stolen to go to a ticket booth and they can look it up some how, they did say how, and print off a new one. You do have to pay a fee for it but its cheaper than buying a new one.:D

Good luck!:D:(:D

kohl
06-19-2008, 02:18 PM
My mom lost hers and they did give her a new one, but she did have to pay the fee.

adriennek
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I've lost more than one AP over the years. They don't "give" new APs for losing them.

And I do know from other experiences that it doesn't matter who buys your AP, you're the "owner" of it. Your dad can't cancel or take away your AP from you. You own it. Go take the $20 (it's not $25 yet?) to the Guest Services window and they'll give you a new one, unless you've done something to violate their rules and they've decided to revoke your pass. That's an entirely different issue.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
06-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I've had numerous ones lost over the last few years. Now, have you lost one before??? They limit replacement to 1 a year though I think.

cstephens
06-19-2008, 05:09 PM
I've had numerous ones lost over the last few years. Now, have you lost one before??? They limit replacement to 1 a year though I think.

I think your first "I forgot my pass today, can I have a freebie admit pass just for today" is limited to one per year without a fee, but I think after that, you have to pay for a replacement and any other replacements after that.

Jon
06-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I've had numerous ones lost over the last few years.Now, have you lost one before??? They limit replacement to 1 a year though I think.

I agree. I've never lost one, but mine wear out sometimes - I carry mine in my wallet at all times (never know when I'm going to randomly end up at DLR) and eventually the bar code gets worn down and won't scan in the fast pass machines. I've never had to pay to replace a damaged one... so why should someone have to pay $20 to replace a lost one? The result is a new pass either way, right? Seems kind of petty.

cstephens
06-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I carry mine in my wallet at all times (never know when I'm going to randomly end up at DLR)

*blink* :confused: Doesn't everyone?

I've never had to pay to replace a damaged one... so why should someone have to pay $20 to replace a lost one?

Because a damaged one is presumably not fault on the part of the cardholder whereas loss is.

MuckaMowie
06-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Used to be that if your pass is stolen (not just lost) and you have a copy of the police report, dl will issue a new one free of charge. Anyone know if that policy still holds?

adriennek
06-20-2008, 07:08 AM
why should someone have to pay $20 to replace a lost one? The result is a new pass either way, right? Seems kind of petty.

If you've never lost an AP, you're obviously a person who is more responsible than most of those who have. (Including me. I can tell you right now that I lose things all the time. Credit cards I manage to find, but I've lost a bunch of APs I could not find!)

I also think it's a good policy to discourage laziness. Speaking as one of those who has lost more than one - I can tell you that in addition to the APs I've lost and not found, there have been MANY times that I've not been able to find my AP but the fee kept me looking for it until I eventually DID find it. If there weren't a fee, that line for replacement APs would be so much longer because you'd have even more people shrugging their shoulders and saying "Oh well, I'll just get a new one"

They do give us that one time "get in free anyway" pass to give APs more time for that AP to show up. At least that offers a bit of a grace period. I've used that before. Then there have been times that they've said "Well do you want to use your free one time pass before we give you this one?" and I just KNOW I'm not finding that AP any time soon so I may as well just buy a replacement and have it right away!

Used to be that if your pass is stolen (not just lost) and you have a copy of the police report, dl will issue a new one free of charge. Anyone know if that policy still holds?

I believe it is.

Adrienne

HisKid
06-20-2008, 07:14 AM

That also makes sense, because, like the numbers rubbing off from continued use (which one would think DL would like to encourage) having your wallet stolen really isn't your fault. This is a nice policy (would be nice if other facilities offered it, as well.)

Malcon10t
06-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Back about 5 years ago, we lost our house to a fire. There were 5 of us with APs. I didn't even have to bring a fire report, they just replaced them all based on my story. I called before we headed down, explained it, and everything was in the computer. We weren't charged anything.

But when I have lost them, I've paid the $20. Its my fault.

MammaSilva
06-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Our experience, my wallet was stolen, had both mine and Missys AP's, I took a copy of the police report with me 'just in case' and the CM helping me thanked me for doing so...but told me that often if it's one family and multiple AP's with a 'reasonable' explanation they waive the fee.

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Reading all these stories makes me think about the many articles that Jeff Kober has posted here at MousePlanet about good customer service.

What it sounds like to me is that Disney has a policy of charging $20 for replacing an AP. But they give their CM's wiggle room to make a determination as to whether the fee should be waived. What great and personal customer service that is!

It empowers the front line CM to make the magic for a guest and it certainly relieves the guest of the obligation to pay when the circumstances are out of his control.

That looks to me like a WIN/WIN situation...what you strive to achieve in good customer service relations!

HobbitFeet
06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
I carry mine in my wallet at all times (never know when I'm going to randomly end up at DLR)....

I carry mine (and hubby's and son's) in my purse for the same reason.

And we live in Washington.

Not sure how we could suddenly end up at DLR, but if we do, I'll be ready.

OP, what sort of problems were they giving your dad that he had enough of?

MammaSilva
06-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Reading all these stories makes me think about the many articles that Jeff Kober has posted here at MousePlanet about good customer service.

What it sounds like to me is that Disney has a policy of charging $20 for replacing an AP. But they give their CM's wiggle room to make a determination as to whether the fee should be waived. What great and personal customer service that is!

It empowers the front line CM to make the magic for a guest and it certainly relieves the guest of the obligation to pay when the circumstances are out of his control.

That looks to me like a WIN/WIN situation...what you strive to achieve in good customer service relations!

Not to totally derail this thread but this is a story about CM customer service making the magic happen....on our spring break trip I purchased hoppers with the plan of upgrading on our last day since it would be a black out day for the passes I was planning on getting for us. Vacation went wondeful, we had the most fun we could hope for but on the last day late in the evening Missy had a seizure and we had to leave the park....before we could upgrade and with no time for me to go to the guest services and ask for an extention. The next morning we'd planned on being able to go our last time on the passes we'd upgraded (but didn't have because of missys seizure and having to return to the hotel for her care and comfort) We told the story to the ticket window CM as we purchased one day hoppers for our last day and they suggested we go talk to guest services before using the tickets. I figured if the CM suggested it it was worth a shot...went to guest services, explained our situation handed them the 5 day hoppers ....within moments the lead approved the exception and 'appologized' that the passes were backdated to day of 1st use of the hopper, then promptly refunded the money for the 1 day hoppers I had purchased for the 3 of us.

THAT is outstanding customer service, and yes I made a note of the CM at the ticket window AND at guest services and I spent 45 minutes in City Hall filling out compliments for all of them.

HisKid
06-20-2008, 03:18 PM
THAT is outstanding customer service, and yes I made a note of the CM at the ticket window AND at guest services and I spent 45 minutes in City Hall filling out compliments for all of them.

I agree (and gfy that you followed through).

cstephens
06-20-2008, 05:13 PM
went to guest services, explained our situation handed them the 5 day hoppers ....within moments the lead approved the exception and 'appologized' that the passes were backdated to day of 1st use of the hopper, then promptly refunded the money for the 1 day hoppers I had purchased for the 3 of us.

That's awesome!

EeyoreGirl
06-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Not to derail things even more but I didn't know you could leave compliments for CMs at city hall. I'll have to remember that next time we're there.

timbabbcomedian
06-20-2008, 10:24 PM
What happened, MissDisneyLover...did you ever get your pass replaced?

I lost mine once...then I went to guest services and they replaced it for $20.

Sadly, a few days later I found it in a jacket...D'OH!!!

tod
06-21-2008, 06:49 AM
I carry mine in my wallet at all times (never know when I'm going to randomly end up at DLR...

I still carry my 1981 gate pass for NBC in Burbank. It has the old Mark II Peacock -- 11 plumes, seated -- and NBC is moving out of Burbank soon....

--t

DizneyMommy
06-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I didn't see anyone mention here, they do ask for ID. Or at least did when I lost mine. Just be prepared to show it.

Malcon10t
06-21-2008, 07:09 PM
I didn't see anyone mention here, they do ask for ID. Or at least did when I lost mine. Just be prepared to show it.They didn't ask for mine the last time. I didn't have it. She printed it, looked at the pic an dsaid "Yup" and handed it to me.

timbabbcomedian
06-22-2008, 06:17 PM
They didn't ask for mine the last time. I didn't have it. She printed it, looked at the pic an dsaid "Yup" and handed it to me.

Because, I believe a picture of you comes up on the screen the CM is looking at...so checking ID would basically be a formality, right?