PDA

View Full Version : Free Beer!

merlinjones
06-29-2001, 08:42 AM
Todays full page ad in the LA Times offering free kids admission to DCA before the Fourth of July weekend made me laugh and think...

...What total losers!!! :D

(Makes me recall the Chuck Jones cartoon "One Froggy Evening" where no one will come see the singing frog until the guy offers FREE BEER!)

Permanecer Sentados
06-29-2001, 08:45 AM
I was completely lured in by the thread title.

I was ready for my beer, as I always am.

I agree on the loser sentiment, though. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

80S ERA
06-29-2001, 08:59 AM
And of course, someone has already copied - Universal.

Who would have thought? Usually all the other parks wait for Disney to raise prices...

Darkbeer
06-29-2001, 01:12 PM
Universal was doing the free children thing for months prior to the DCA offer. Disney is coping them, but that does match the park:cool:

JRob2k1
06-29-2001, 01:52 PM
I was worried when I saw this thread. I thougt it might be talking about another discount (free beer) to get people into DCA. Whew! ;)

-JRob

DisLee
06-29-2001, 03:40 PM
I was worried when I saw this thread. I thougt it might be talking about another discount (free beer) to get people into DCA. Whew! Maybe that is a great idea. I'm sure that most people hate the park because they are sober and thinking clearly. If Disney is able to get DCA visitors snockered soon after entering, then I'm sure they won't even notice what a pitiful place it is.

merlinjones
06-29-2001, 03:43 PM
>>Maybe that is a great idea. I'm sure that most people hate the park because they are sober and thinking clearly. If Disney is able to get DCA visitors snockered soon after entering, then I'm sure they won't even notice what a pitiful place it is.<<

Or maybe they'll think Disney is mocking them and get violent...!

SimpTwister
06-29-2001, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Or maybe they'll think Disney is mocking them...

Gosh, why would a DCA guest think that? ;)

Darkbeer
06-29-2001, 04:27 PM
Free Beer, that's another idea Disney can borrow....

Sea World has free beer (2 8 oz. samples per guest), but you can usually stop in two or three times on a busy day, spread it out to get different servers....heck, they even have beer school, where you can get more samples. Beer school should count as a new attraction. ;)

But heck, DCA could have an happy hour....

Or patio seating during the DEP at the Mondavi Winery, all you can drink plus a seat for $40????

JRob2k1
06-29-2001, 09:50 PM
Hey Merlin,

Do you realize how many people at least looked at your thread? You got over 800 views in one day! That has to be some sort of record.

-JRob

merlinjones
06-29-2001, 11:41 PM
>>Do you realize how many people at least looked at your thread? You got over 800 views in one day! That has to be some sort of record.<<

DCA is saved!!!

Morrigoon
06-30-2001, 09:03 PM
Only the revival team has been read more (1987 times at the moment), but then again, it has like 10 times the number of posts!)