PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes?

kgb85
10-09-2002, 09:52 PM
First of all, hello everyone! I've lurked here for a long time, and finally decided to join. Since you guys know everything there is about Disneyland, I have a quick question.

I'm going to be visiting Disneyland again in mid-October with my family, and we've decided to get Annual Passes. We ordered them online, and they've arrived, but obviously they haven't been "activated" yet. How does one go about activating them? Like, what's the whole process? And does it take an inordinately long amount of time on the first day?

Also, my sister read somewhere that they take your picture and put it on the annual pass... is this right? I'd really like to have an answer so that she'll shut up about having to get her picture taken. :p

Thanks!
Tabitha

socabch
10-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Tabitha,
welcome to MP!! Don't forget to visit the Lounge and introduce yourself. Anyway..... here's a link that should answer your questions. If it doesn't, then keep posting here and someone will offer help.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10202&highlight=annual+pass

EandCDad
10-10-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by kgb85
First of all, hello everyone! I've lurked here for a long time, and finally decided to join. Since you guys know everything there is about Disneyland, I have a quick question.

I'm going to be visiting Disneyland again in mid-October with my family, and we've decided to get Annual Passes. We ordered them online, and they've arrived, but obviously they haven't been "activated" yet. How does one go about activating them? Like, what's the whole process? And does it take an inordinately long amount of time on the first day?

Also, my sister read somewhere that they take your picture and put it on the annual pass... is this right? I'd really like to have an answer so that she'll shut up about having to get her picture taken. :p

Thanks!
Tabitha

As noted in the other thread, use your ticket (the one you got sent to you) to enter Disneyland and go to the far end of Main Street. On the left is the AP Processing Center in the Carnation Plaza. Take your ticket in there and they will give you your permanent AP.

To answer some of your questions:

1. Yes, you do have to get your picture taken and they do put it on your AP. Therefore, EVERYONE getting an AP for the first time needs to go to the processing center. Kids too. One person can't go and get all the APs while others ride rides or something. The good thing is that they store the picture on the computer and will use it for renewals.

2. It doesn't take an "inordinately long amount of time" to PROCESS. It might be a long line, though. So, I recommend going as soon as the Processing Center opens. That might be right when the park opens or about an hour after, check with a cast member. The line has seemed longer near the end of the day as people start saying "crud, before we go, we need to activate our APs." Do this first and then enjoy your day.

Hope all goes well.

crc9998
10-10-2002, 08:20 AM
Like they said, you will get your pictures taken...but since it is all digitized, it only takes a short amount of time.

I know we went and got ours during the week, at night....and we walked right into the Processing Center.

The worst time to go is right after Christmas, that place is absurd with lines!

roberts1398
10-10-2002, 10:36 AM
I went mid-day on SATURDAY, 9/28, and had NO LINE. Whole process took maybe 15 minutes for the two of us. And that included the actual upgrading of the park hopper to the AP and paying the difference, as well as the name/address info and taking the photos.

Very painless...

tabacco
10-10-2002, 08:35 PM
In the times I've worked at the Pavilion, I've never seen a line longer than 7-10 people. In mid-October especially you shouldn't have any problems at all. Just walk on in and give your pass certificates (all at once) to whoever the cast member at the door sends you to. If your AP certificates have your names on them already, it'll take maybe 1-2 minutes per person. If not, it could take maybe 3-4 per person, since they'll have to get your name and address from you.

They'll take your card, get any neccesary info (like name, address, etc.) if it isn't already in your file, get you to sign a slip verifying the accuracy of your info (which also sets forth the usual AP agreement about how they can take your pass away for abuse or if you make fun of our bowties at the Pavilion), take your photo, and print up your card.

Helpful hint: smile when we take your picture, or we might trick you into smiling and then take another photo without telling you ;)