PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Pin

Katlovett
06-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Our family won Dream Fastpasses at the exit of Winnie the Pooh, but they didn't have enough for everyone so they told us to go to City Hall and there they would give us enough for everyone. While we were waiting in line at City Hall, I overheard a couple with a small child asking for a Child Swap pass. The CM helping them was having trouble explaining / the couple was having trouble understanding that the ride operators give the Child Swap passes, and that it is not something you get from City Hall. I happened to have one for Splash Mountain in my pocket, so I stepped forward a little, gave it to them and said, "It will look like this but you get them at the individual rides, not here" then stepped back into line. Problem solved! When my turn came, the CM dealt with the Dream Fastpass distribution issue, then she gave me a lovely double Pixie Dust pin set for doing a good deed.

There were two Tinkerbell pins on a card which was perforated into two parts: "One for You" and "One to Give" (approximately - I gave it away and I don't remember exactly what it said.) On the back it says:

"Just wanted to spread the magic by giving you this exclusive Pixie Dust pin. After all, this is the place Where dreams come true. Now you can spread a little magic of your own. Simply detach the card with the pin below and give it to another Disney Guest. It's the perfect way to make dreams come true."

Has anybody else seen these? I love my new Pixie Dust pin. So fun!

Katprint

foolishmortal
06-15-2008, 09:01 PM
My DD got one last year from a very nice Cm who saw her give her seat on the ground to her little brother so he could see the parade better, and then let a little girl stand up frount with her to see the parade too.
DD was thrilled. She then looked for a little girl entering the park as we were leaveing to give the other pin to. This little one and her family was sooo surprized when Boo walked up and just handed a pin to this girl! The look on both my DD and this girl's face was pricless!

Love this idea! soo much fun!
kat

ChurroGirl
06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
While I was in line at the Gibson Girl a little girl in line in front of me was adamently stairing at my lanyard. I noticed this and asked her if she like my pins, she said she did, in paticular a Disneyland Pin with Tink on it, I believe it belongs to their retro looking ones, she said she liked that one alot and wish she had it. So I took it off my lanyard and put it on hers and did the whole, Well this is the place where dreams and wishes come true right. She was so happy! It felt really good to give her that extra magic in her day. A CM who was standing at the door saw this and when my fiance and I were walking out he stopped me and gave me the Tink pins. I thought, geez now its my turn to be shocked!
It was the last day of our trip in March and I didnt have a chance to give it out. We are heading back to DL in Oct so I will be looking for another little girl to surprise too!

Nancy
06-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Last year I went to ask a CM in front of Space Mt something and they were with a guest asking where they could get an other pinback for a pin. I had some extras and gave them one. The CM happened to be a Dream CM and gave me a set of the Tinkerbell pins too. Great surprise!!!

Mermaid
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I got one of them when we were chatting with a Photopass CM after we got engaged. It wasn't the one who took the pictures, but one later that evening. I got just one though.... which thrilled me beyond words anyway!

kelli1rose
06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
I received my pin after I helped a family get a great photo in front of the Walt and Mickey statue. I was so surprised!

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I really like this "spread the magic" idea!:)

PanFan
06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I got the double set from my WIWF tour guide Jack about a week after my tour when he was working the Info Board. He knew I wanted to be a CM, so he gave me the opportunity to make a little magic of my own. I gave the second one away rather quickly to a girl on BTMRR. Later that night, I ran into another little girl who I couldn't help but give my other one away to, but that's a story (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=1164334&postcount=37) that's been told here before...

Mshell
06-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I got the set of them on Christmas day. We were walking to tommarowland early in the morning and there were CM's standing there handing them out. I wasn't sure if we had won a dream or if it was just random but I was pretty excited to get them. I think they are great.

foolishmortal
06-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Frankietwo! I lose more pins that way!! I alway see a little one admiring a pin on my lanyard and almost always give it to them! If they are being sp. nice too!
Boo (9) just likes to put really cute "give away pins" on her lanyard just for that reason! she likes to give them to other kids that look like they might be fun to talk to while waiting in line for a ride. I've got a great picture of her and a little Korean girl when she was 5 doing Origami (SP?). She gave the little girl her minnie pin when she saw her stareing at it, the little one wanted to give Boo a present too(which is customin thier country). So got her mom to give her backpak to her and she pulled out this really beautiful paper and taught Boo how to make a bird!
It was a really cute moment!
MY DAd was with us and He was stationed in Korea when he was in the army so He had a great time interpeting for the parents what the girls were chattering about(I can only speak a little Korean so I was not mush help!)! 2 little girls that don't speak the same langue and both just chattering away with LOTS of hand waving! They both sat near each other during the Aladin Show waving and chattering over the play too! AND all this over one little pin!

I love the spread the magic pins I hope they keep it up even after the YOMD's!

GrouchoMarx
06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
My son got a set from a CM just outside the exit of HM. I can't recall her name, but I know she's a Pan fan. ;)

EeyoreGirl
06-19-2008, 05:15 AM
That's very cool! I haven't heard of that.

Love the story of the 2 little girls from 2 cultures. Very sweet!

PanFan
06-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I've been giving them to my trainees to teach them how to make magic. We got to do that today while killing some time before closing up FL for the fireworks. There was one little girl with a Tinker Bell Mickey ears hat, I went straight over to her and said, "You like Tinker Bell, huh?" She nodded, so I continued, "Well, she asked me to give something to you." At this the little girl gasped and her eyes lit up. I pulled out the Pixie Dust pin (this was an individually packaged one, not the double set) and she just stared at it and smiled this adorably big smile. Too much fun!