PDA

View Full Version : About the Grad Night mix tape! ACKKKKK!

mikotorocks714
06-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Any other CM's feel like they should've at least used LIVE music with different tunes for every Grad Night? Oh, man! Since I'm a 3rd shift custodian I always hear he same mix! Now I know that it may not be old to the kids, but us CM's notice it and I highly think they're being cheated for not receiving a REAL DJ who's playing and mixing LIVE! Instead they have a guy pumping up the crowd "playing" music, but little do the kids know other kids have heard the SAME thing! I just think that these kids deserve a better listening experience and a better time at the park since this is THEIR day and deserve to have the best for celebrating the fact that they made it.

I don't want to hear no more "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM I want you in my room!" *Pulls hair.*

myckle
06-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Boom Boom by the Vengaboys OMG that so brings me back to when i was a little kid in the 90's i use to love that song lol

mikotorocks714
06-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Ha, ha yeah well they play that! Ack!

Animalia
06-14-2008, 05:41 AM
When I graduated from High School in 1980 (yes... I know... I'm that old) they didn't play recorded music. They had live bands performing in Tomorrowland, Tom Sawyers Island and I believe other stages set up around the park. I remember sitting at a table at the River Belle Terrace having a Mickey Mouse Pancake and soda (for the caffine) at 2am and watching K.C. and the Sunshine Band perform from a stage on TSI on the other side of the river. Do they not have live bands on Grad Night anymore?

BTW - my sympathies for what you're going through. I had to listen to a Christmas loop at a restaurant I worked at one year that played everyday from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day. Now when I hear one of those songs, I can't get out of the room fast enough.

mikotorocks714
06-14-2008, 06:46 AM
When I graduated from High School in 1980 (yes... I know... I'm that old) they didn't play recorded music. They had live bands performing in Tomorrowland, Tom Sawyers Island and I believe other stages set up around the park. I remember sitting at a table at the River Belle Terrace having a Mickey Mouse Pancake and soda (for the caffine) at 2am and watching K.C. and the Sunshine Band perform from a stage on TSI on the other side of the river. Do they not have live bands on Grad Night anymore?

BTW - my sympathies for what you're going through. I had to listen to a Christmas loop at a restaurant I worked at one year that played everyday from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day. Now when I hear one of those songs, I can't get out of the room fast enough.

Ha, ha I hear ya! I just think the kids need some actual live entertainment or mixing! Not a tape that is played every Grad Night. Oh, well!

Crazydave
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I remember at my grad night... in 1994.... the band All 4 one played at the tomorrowland stage.

they were a one hit wonder from the 90's with their coversong "I swear"

TTFN92
06-17-2008, 01:42 PM
I guess I don't see the big deal with it being the same music other kids hear at their Grad Nite. They weren't there and it is the only time they will hear it. It is too bad that they don't have the live bands anymore, but I don't think it matters that they don't have their "own" music.

Promo-Man
06-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm a 3rd shift custodian

Best shift in the park, I was a graveyard custodian in the 80's
Worked the Boat Crew and New Orleans.

Grad Nights was always a fun but difficult night to work

AVP
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I remember sitting at a table at the River Belle Terrace having a Mickey Mouse Pancake and soda (for the caffine) at 2am and watching K.C. and the Sunshine Band perform from a stage on TSI on the other side of the river.I know we had Wang Chung perform at one of the Grad Nights I went to, I *think* Heart performed at the other.

That was one of the highlights of Grad Night for me - we also got a concert with a somewhat recognizable band!

AVP

soccerlady16
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't remember if it was "live" or premixed in 2001. I do remember there were "clubs" with diffrant radio stations Deejaying each one.

evrythngwmn
06-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Since 2002 it's just been DJs. If I had to guess I'd say it was probably the same in 2001.

yohomama212
06-18-2008, 09:33 AM
And 2000. Nothing live when I was there. All DJs.

Elizabeth

candles71
06-18-2008, 10:25 AM
1989- TSI New Kids On the Block
Fantasyland Stage- Samantha Fox
Tommoroland Stage- (can't remember I'll have to find my scrapbook and look it up.

EeyoreGirl
06-19-2008, 05:35 AM
I was there in 89 also. Can't remember who the third band was either. I only watched part of Samantha Fox I was more interested in riding rides. It was mostly guys at here show.

SiRocket
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
me being a dj and musician i hate pre-recorded items when they should be performed live. Most of the radio stations mix to my knowledge or did at times but there still is pre-recorded sets when they are supposed to be "djing". :rolleyes:

In 2001 for my grad-nite E-man from Power 106 was on the decks mixing live but at times at other places i didn't see anyone else mixing but i could hear scratching and other items.

Sigh.

Donald Duck Fan68
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I went in '86 and remember Miami Sound Machine (w/ Gloria Estephan) playing on the Tom Sawyer Island stage and some other band I had never heard of was playing the Tomorrow Land stage. The biggest band of the night was Mr. Mister playing in the current fantasyland Princess Party area. At the time it was themed to be this huge teen dance complex; can't remember what they called it (Videopolis I think). There were a couple other bands playing that night, but none really thrilled me. I spent most of my time riding the rides. I just took for granted that live bands would be playing, and regardless of whether I liked them or not, live bands provide a more energetic atmosphere than canned music. Judging by the crowds around those areas, there were obviously enough teens who enjoyed that part of Grad Nite.

It's disappointing to hear that they've eliminated live bands from the entertainment options for Grad Nites.

EeyoreGirl
06-20-2008, 05:56 AM
The biggest band of the night was Mr. Mister playing in the current fantasyland Princess Party area. At the time it was themed to be this huge teen dance complex; can't remember what they called it (Videopolis I think).

Yep, it was called Videopolis

mikotorocks714
06-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Best shift in the park, I was a graveyard custodian in the 80's
Worked the Boat Crew and New Orleans.

Grad Nights was always a fun but difficult night to work

Yes sir! Kitchens East at your service! Today we just finished the last Grad Night, so back to normal. Time to reset the kitchens to their preffered state later on tonight ha, ha. Grad Night specials are easy, but not good for the kitchens or restrooms! Eeeewwww... :)