PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones down all summer for refurb? [No]

Pages : [1] 2

tinksmom
06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Thus the Disneyland website says. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it open today?

Malcon10t
06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
We were there June 1-6. It was down a lot while we were there. MickeyDogMom got lots of pics when they got stuck on it. I've heard there was a major problem on the 11th that caused this.

EllaBelle
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Yep. I've read that it's down thru the end of summer. They're fixing several different things. I'm guessing they didn't have much choice. I was so looking forward to riding on it next month! :(

HisKid
06-13-2008, 09:03 AM
What unfortunate timing! I'll bet a LOT of people are going to be really bummed. How disappointing, especially with Indy running around and the maps, and movie and all.

HisKid
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
OK, does anyone else see that the ContentLink ad in EllaBelle's post for the word "riding" has a SINGLE underline? Grrr....

Malcon10t
06-13-2008, 09:11 AM
OK, does anyone else see that the ContentLink ad in EllaBelle's post for the word "riding" has a SINGLE underline? Grrr....I haven't seen any of these. Maybe on a Mac, I am immune?

Bytebear
06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
OK, does anyone else see that the ContentLink ad in EllaBelle's post for the word "riding" has a SINGLE underline? Grrr....

It's an advertising system called "ContentLink" which looks for keywords and adds a little popup ad to the text. MousePlanet must use them as a advertiser. You can just ignore them, although there are methods to use the firewall settings to block the link.

islandgirl71
06-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I see them. Clicked on one just yesterday, pretty annoying.

Chadsgal
06-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I was very sad to see this news too! I am hoping that it will be back in biz by the time we go in Sept.

My computer shows the underlined words too. Glad to know it isn't just me. It is very stupid, It is connected to some travel website.

Tony
06-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Thus the Disneyland website says. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it open today?

It is open today - AVP just called and it has an hour long standby wait right now...

HisKid
06-13-2008, 10:25 AM
It's an advertising system called "ContentLink" which looks for keywords and adds a little popup ad to the text. MousePlanet must use them as a advertiser. You can just ignore them, although there are methods to use the firewall settings to block the link.

Right, no I understand, it's just that I understood that all of the Contentlink ones were supposed to have a double underline to distinguish them from MP user links.

Jim Dear and Darling
06-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I was just looking at the Disneyland.com calendar, and they show Indy closed now through September! I thought they were planning big things for Indy this summer, is this true???

Hi-Ho
06-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I just noticed the same thing and am so incredibly bummed. Our long awaited trip starts tomorrow with no Indy!!!

AVP
06-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Indy was open today with a 60-minute wait around 11:30.

AVP

Hi-Ho
06-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Fingers crossed that it stays open over the next couple of days! Seems so strange with all the Indiana Jones stuff going on right now that they would shut it down.

rentayenta
06-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Bummer. :crying: IASW and HM will be down when we are there in September. Now with Indy down I am really going to have to rethink this. If Splash goes down, I'll cancel.

Jim Dear and Darling
06-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Bummer. :crying: IASW and HM will be down when we are there in September. Now with Indy down I am really going to have to rethink this. If Splash goes down, I'll cancel.

Same. So will I.

Tan Da Man
06-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Whaaatt!?

mrsdisney68
06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
This is a joke right??? How can INDY be shut down this summer with everthing going on with INDY right now. This was going to be my first time riding on it. I will be soooooo bummed if this is true:crying::crying::crying:

mrsdisney68
06-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok just got off the phone wth Disney. This is not true, they are fixing the web site it should not be saying that. This is what she told me, that is open now and not scheduled to be closed down. I hope this is the truth, cause it would be so sad to miss out on that ride this summer:)

Khiori
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM

ACK! I'm planning on going in the beginning of Sept. I'm so bummed! I might have to rethink my plans.

disneyshoes
06-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok just got off the phone wth Disney. This is not true, they are fixing the web site it should not be saying that. This is what she told me, that is open now and not scheduled to be closed down. I hope this is the truth, cause it would be so sad to miss out on that ride this summer:)

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for calling- we are leaving next Wednesday and can't wait to ride!

DisneyJenn
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
It was down all day Wednesday (June 11th), but glad to hear it's back up and running!

DaDuckFan1955
06-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Indy usually breaks down at least for one day while we are there, but they seem to work hard to get it up and running.

Roman Nation
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
if it is closed i will so start a protes to get it back up and running, i hae been waiting for 2 years to ride this awesome atraction, i have done resherch, watched videos, re-watched all of the indy movies, i need this ride!!!!! i hope it's there in august!