PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Height Restriction

Roman Nation
06-13-2008, 07:56 AM
I read in a post that a hight restriction was in place at splash mountian. They said it was you have to be less than 5 feet to ride.:eek:. Is this true? And is their another hight restriction, for being 6 foot 2 inches i hope there is not, i surpass the 5 feet by a lot!:D, Thanks,

Roman

mckygirl99
06-13-2008, 08:00 AM
That would leave out most adults. Probably just a mistake. I think you have to be 40 inches to ride. That's the only restriction I know of! I think I saw a picture of Shaq on that ride so you should be OK! ;)

ralfrick
06-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Don't think you need to worry. There was a restriction set for Splash that no one under 5 feet can ride in the front seat due to people/kids ducking and bumping their heads. This was due to be lifted when alterations are/were made to the logs; no need to worry about being too tall.

A bientot.

Crazydave
06-13-2008, 08:26 AM
According to:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=SplashMountainAttractionPage

there is a 40" height min...

hmm.....
but i do seem to remember that a small kid couldn't ride up front..

pixar
06-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I remember when I brought my cousin there, they measured him against something on the wall to see if he was tall enough to ride in the front. he was about 5' tall then.

IdahoMike
06-13-2008, 05:39 PM
They are retrofitting the logs so that there won't be a height restriction on riding in the front, but as of now, as far as I know, there is still a 60" minimum to ride in the front, as people were ducking during the big drop, and injuring themselves in various ways (smacking their heads, etc....)

ChurroGirl
06-13-2008, 06:00 PM
I have seen little ones under 40" riding with family members. I think the height restriction is to ride alone maybe? I have been able to take my nephew on it as well who at the time at under 5'.
For the tall guys and girls out there though, my youngest brother is 6'5 and goes by himself or with our fam. But he is not allowed to sit in the front for precautions.:D

jcatron243
06-15-2008, 08:48 AM
They are very strict about the 40 inch height restriction. My daughter went on with my husband and was measured by three different people. she was just barely 40 inches. The only way a smaller child would be let on the ride is if his or her parents made the seem taller. The 5 foot rule is for the front seat only.