PDA

View Full Version : DLR's most painful attraction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

daveywest
06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
What's the most painful attraction for you to ride/see in the resort?

Mine has to be IASW. The wife thinks we need to go on it 3-4 times a day because the baby loves it so much. Of course I retaliate with insisting we go on Heimlich's chew-chew train. :p

River Belle
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM
I hope I'm not being overly literal here, but for me it would have to be the Matterhorn Bobsleds. What an uncomfortable ride! (Still fun though...)

I sort of dread the treehouse because my little one wants to climb it (quickly...and several times in a row) whenever we visit, and I'm still a bit bitter that Tarzan's become a permanent squatter in that lovely Robinson family's abode.;)

D15
06-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Assuming I'm allowed to translate "painful" as "emotionally scarring", I'll go with the swinging cars on the Sunwheel :eek:

ChurroGirl
06-11-2008, 11:57 PM
I am going to go with the Sunwheel period. I had never been on a ferris wheel in my life till last Dec. Yeah NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN!! When we got back from going the first time around, I asked the CM to let me off, he just smiled and up we went again. Yeah, I had a totally panic attack and was screaming things I am sure Mickey would not have aloud! We got stuck at the top of the dumb thing on the second go around and I thought I was going to die. SO thats my vote!

Mrs Mouse
06-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Assuming I'm allowed to translate "painful" as "emotionally scarring", I'll go with the swinging cars on the Sunwheel :eek:
I will whole-heartedly second this sentiment. Awful experience. Just awful.

Physically painful, I'd probably say the Mattherhorn - just because you get jostled about so much. My FMIL actually came off of it with visible bruises on her torso and knees last summer! :eek:

stan4d_steph
06-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Star Tours gives me a headache, so I don't ride it anymore. Maybe if they change it I will, and I'll be sure to sit near the middle of the car.

twindaddy
06-12-2008, 04:33 AM
Mine has to be IASW. The wife thinks we need to go on it 3-4 times a day because the baby loves it so much. Of course I retaliate with insisting we go on Heimlich's chew-chew train. :p

I guess you are lucky its closed right now!

I personally dont mind it, my daughters love it so it doesnt bother me. I am hoping it is ready to go by our December trip!

mrsdisney68
06-12-2008, 05:34 AM
I have to vote for Roger Rabbit I do not like that ride, gives me a headache. Scary for me is Splash, we got stuck at the very top once for like 5 min and that was too much for me. I still like to go on it but I get really nervous it will happen again!!:crying:

kiowa
06-12-2008, 05:38 AM
For me its Space Mountain.

Not cause I don't like it, but I'm 6'6 240 pounds(play football) and man my two legs don't fit between the bar very well and my knees are jammed against the row infront of me. Its ok for the first 45 seconds but them the pain sets in. It takes away from the pleasure of the ride. But, I do love the ride.

menicksmom
06-12-2008, 06:50 AM
My vote is for Mullholland Madness (I think that's what it's called....trying to block it out of my memory!) at DCA. I can feel my back crack every time it jerks left, then right, then left, then right....plus the nausea factor!

DangerMouse
06-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Physically painful: Astro Orbitor followed closely by Indy

Emotionally painful: Pure Evil Sunwheel of Death.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
06-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Physical pain the matterhorn of coures

Psychic pain, torn between Storybook land (soooooo boring!) and Mulholland Madness, I dont find the feeling that I could fly off the track and plunge to my squishy death all that much fun!!

MoKat72
06-12-2008, 07:36 AM
For me, the most physically and emotionally painful is California Screamin'.

Physically: I've been on it twice on separate trips, and both times, I've come off really dizzy and nauseated and (sorry to be graphic) had to throw up within a couple of hours. I think maybe the multiple Gs screw up my inner ear?

Emotionally: That ride is really fun and I'd like to ride it , but it's not worth losing half a day at Disneyland over it.

For my next trip, I'm going to see if there's some way to combat the motion sickness so I can go on. :)

adrianne
06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
I am going to go with the Sunwheel period. I had never been on a ferris wheel in my life till last Dec. Yeah NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN!! When we got back from going the first time around, I asked the CM to let me off, he just smiled and up we went again. Yeah, I had a totally panic attack and was screaming things I am sure Mickey would not have aloud! We got stuck at the top of the dumb thing on the second go around and I thought I was going to die. SO thats my vote!

Thanks goodness I'm not alone! The Sunwheel has always scared the living daylights out of me -- I'm deathly afraid of heights, and don't even talk about those awful swinging gondolas!
*shudder*

carolinakid
06-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Nothing really bothers me, but I know if I went on the Mad Tea Party and someone was spinning real fast I'd get a wicked headache for HOURS! That's why I haven't been on it since like 1972! Everything else no problema!:cool:

daveywest
06-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks goodness I'm not alone! The Sunwheel has always scared the living daylights out of me -- I'm deathly afraid of heights, and don't even talk about those awful swinging gondolas!
*shudder*

I've never been in one of the Death cars on the Sunwheel. The wife has always been terrorified. I think I'm going to make it a point to get that experience with my oldest boys next week.

EeyoreGirl
06-12-2008, 08:19 AM
My first thought is Mullholand Madness because it is way too jerky.

But then I thought about Astro Orbiter - what a pain to climb in and out, especially out.

candles71
06-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Mulholland Madness, I dont find the feeling that I could fly off the track and plunge to my squishy death all that much fun!!
MY thoughts exactly

My first thought is Mullholand Madness because it is way too jerky.

But then I thought about Astro Orbiter - what a pain to climb in and out, especially out.

Astro Orbiter- just never was comfortable. climbing in and out is not as bad as being pitched at an odd angle the whole time.

and I thought IASW was boring when I was 8. DH said you can't go to DL and not ride IASW. Now who's laughing:~D

Malcon10t
06-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Physically, Star Tours or Indy. I just don't ride any more. Not worth the day of pain after.

disneyshoes
06-12-2008, 08:55 AM

Ohhhh Heimlich's train is pure torture.

FolsomFan
06-12-2008, 08:57 AM

Totally agree with IASW. After about a minute in that ride, I want to rip out my ears.

I oddly enjoy Heimlich's CCT. I thinkit si funny how you get sprayed by the watermelon and can smell some of the food. My wife hates that ride!

candles71
06-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I love heimlich's chew chew. I also forgot to mention I DON"T ride farris wheels. any.of.them. and the idea of swinging gondolas..... (think happy thoughts) ok better now;)

karebear
06-12-2008, 09:39 AM
As far as emotionally painful...the Sunwheel takes it. My husband decided it would be fun to go on and we got one of the swinging ones. I was white knuckled for the entire one loop we did. I was screaming for the guys to let me off at the bottom. Thankfully they did. My husband now uses it as an empty threat (he would never put me through that again).

Physically painful...Matterhorn if you are the person in the front when you double sit. Those bruises are the worst!

mommy-san
06-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Physically painful: Astro Orbitor followed closely by Indy

Couldn't agree more. Getting out of AstroOrbitor left me with a baseball of a bruise from the hook for the seat belt.
And the sunwheel. Lets just say the wire cage was cutting into my fingers during my death-grip. My hubby took pictures of me from the ground. Gives me Post traumatic stress to look at them!

Niwel
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Matterhorn .... a lot of bumping on that one.
DH and I tried to ride together -- forget it, I had an imprint in my knees for an hour after.

Screamin' is the only attraction that makes me a bit queasy if I don't keep my head up the entire time

I love Astro Orbiter -- once I'm in it (I agree with the in/out thing, I think I sort of tumbled in yesterday). The control is just the right size for the tip of my sneaker ... so I just lean back and let my foot do the work. :)